Richt resigns from Miami / hires Manny Diaz | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Richt resigns from Miami / hires Manny Diaz

Miami as a program has regressed. The only people that think they are a national title contender year in, year out is their delusional fanbase.

No one needs to convince Dino that he can win here. He knows he can win here. He’s the one convincing everyone else he can win here lol.

Plus, when they expand the playoff to 8 teams, which they will, it even affords more opportunity.

If I’m Dino, if I have a salary in the top 20, why would I walk away from a comparatively low pressure gig that I built from the ground up the way I wanted it to be with my people? With a dome that fits my offense like a glove and gives me what should be 6 wins in the bag each year?

As long as the administration supports him and continues to invest in the program, I can’t see him leaving outside an elite program willing to dump a ton of money for him. And even then I don’t think it’s a guarantee he leaves.
Agree with almost everything you said, especially - "No one needs to convince Dino that he can win here. He knows he can win here. He’s the one convincing everyone else he can win here lol."

Are we “respecting his decision” even though it’s a trash move

Was there enough time to?

I am curious if any school is going to go after any of the SU assistants. I know they are building something together...something kind of good...but still, we didn't expect to see Lewis taken at the 11th hour either.

Temple may lose its HC before he even coaches a game.
Manny Diaz is going to be the hot name.

Appears we have the leader in the twittersphere.

I watched Wisconsin destroy the once proud Canes in their bowl game. Another post reads " Dino Baber
should invest 1000% in moving to Miami". I believe that Dino is going to invest that 1000% into the Syracuse program. We love him here and I think Dino is comfortable in his job and will stay in the upstate area for a looooooooooooong time.

I think Miami should consult Donna Shalala, who was one of the brain child's of the Clinton Administration and head honcho of the University. You know the old saying "you get what you pay for". Well the U is getting exactly what they paid for. Stay the hell away from our Dino Babers.

Reactions: FAL
Diaz grew up in Miami and I doubt he knew the job would be open when he took the Temple job. Also Temples getting 4 million dollars. On the other hand if you have the chance to badmouth someone on a college sports message board I can see how that’s a pretty irresistible opportunity.

Gene Smith Considered Four

Read it and weep, dude. Why would you not believe me? This was posted here weeks ago.
It didn’t seem like serious consideration. Phone calls weren’t made. It kind of reminds of a recruit that has his mind made up early in the process, but continually lists schools that have no interest in him to maintain suspense or make it look like he was highly recruited.

It felt like Smith was pandering to those in his fan base who either thought a national search should have been performed, or to convey to those fans that he thought Day was a better choice than those he mentioned.

"Great Schedule"...we played 2 teams in the Final 4 of the playoff. I Wouldn't call that "great"

Name another school(other than Syracuse) that played two of the four schools competing for the National Championship?

Who does Mark Richt coach this time next year. He's a solid guy who maybe didn't get into the U "thug" image and the rest of antics that go on in south beach. He's def a P5 coach with over 140 SEC wins. Best of luck to him!

Huh? Ohio State AD Gene Smith expressly stayed that Babers was one of four candidates he considered.

You missed the whole point/joke.

Who does Mark Richt coach this time next year. He's a solid guy who maybe didn't get into the U "thug" image and the rest of antics that go on in south beach. He's def a P5 coach with over 140 SEC wins. Best of luck to him!
He is a great coach. The only thing he didn’t do at Georgia was beat Alabama. Miami isn’t the same job that it was in the 80’s and 90’s. They could come back to that someday maybe but it isn’t the same now.

Gene Smith Considered Four

Read it and weep, dude. Why would you not believe me? This was posted here weeks ago.

Yeah he did say that however did he actually ever interview? If you aren’t first or second on the list for Ohio State then you aren’t getting the job...who in the right mind would turn down Ohio State job? My point is just because he was on the list doesn’t mean he was as serious a candidate as you suggest the AD could also be throwing names out to cover his own ass

Diaz is a tool. He’ll recruit a boatload of talent, which anyone can do down there, but it won’t matter, the inmates will run the asylum as he tries to be their best friend, he’s never run a program before he’s going to crash and burn.