Rio2016 Basketball Thread... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Rio2016 Basketball Thread...

Brent Axe ‏@BrentAxeMedia
Carmelo Anthony emotional as he does interview on NBC. First
1f1fa-1f1f8.png
hoops player with 3 #Gold medals.

Carmelo Anthony confirms #Rio2016 will be his last Olympics. Easily of one of the best international runs of all-time.

Great day for USA Basketball. Special kudos to Melo (and JB and Hop) for the many years of dedicated effort.

Any chance Hopkins coaches the 2020 squad in some capacity?

Any chance Hopkins coaches the 2020 squad in some capacity?
I gotta think there's a shot. No matter what being able to teach how to zone or attack a zone is going to be helpful in the international game.

I couldn't watch (but am watching it from the start now) so I listened to the ESPN radio feed. Credit to PJ Carlesimo after the game. He singled out Boeheim for what he brought to the staff, and gave props to Hopkins for the advanced scouting role he played.

Carmelo has had an amazing offseason. First with the way he handled taking the lead in the race discussion by having the town hall discussion in Los Angeles. He really did a tremendous job addressing those issues in a mature way - not an easy thing to do when emotions are so high across the country. Then winning another gold medal today and his interview afterwards. I've always been proud of Melo but I've never been prouder to say that he's a Syracuse guy than I am now. I hope Mary is proud of the man her son has become.

Wow Lowry is pretty short.

I think he and Josh Wright were listed as 6'1" in high school by all the recruiting services, lol. Kyrie does look like a good 6'2" standing next to Klay.

Credit to PJ Carlesimo after the game. He singled out Boeheim for what he brought to the staff,...

TV was another matter.
Sure, it's K's team and K's the coaching star.
But Boeheim was his right hand man and between them there are 80 years of head coaching experience between them.
Shouldn't NBC have spent 10 seconds on him?

Carmelo has had an amazing offseason. First with the way he handled taking the lead in the race discussion by having the town hall discussion in Los Angeles. He really did a tremendous job addressing those issues in a mature way - not an easy thing to do when emotions are so high across the country. Then winning another gold medal today and his interview afterwards. I've always been proud of Melo but I've never been prouder to say that he's a Syracuse guy than I am now. I hope Mary is proud of the man her son has become.
A few friends and I- Cuse fans, Melo haters, and others, were talking about how much Melo has seemingly matured over the past coupla years. He seems totally dedicated to actually try and DO something as opposed to just giving lip service to problems.
Witness his trip to the poorest sections of Rio, the favelas, to hang out and vibe with the people there. I believe he was the only "star" Olympian to do such a thing during the Games .That's big time stuff for this kid, not to mention the other things you cited in your post.
Keep making us proud Carmelo!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom