Roberson's projected career... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Roberson's projected career...

He's either going to start or be 1st off the bench next season. His time to shine will come.

Still not sure how he got that nickname. Was it edowd that confirmed it was 12 inches?

I believe so because he was always just Big Rick his first 2.5 seasons and then bamm one day he is Rick the Ruler

Wasn't there some chatter that Rak was giving serious thought to leaving last off season?

Are we sure he comes back for his senior year?

When Ron comes in games in the future he should keep his hands down for the first two minutes and let them throw passes by him, then all of a sudden put them up for the rest of the time it will drive opponents nuts. He should walk around with his hands stretched out and over his head for 12 hours a day :)

I see similarities to CJ, will his career production exceed CJ's? I'd be happy if he gets close. Seems to do a lot of things well.
Yes, he will be a good one as soon as the minutes are there for him, but I wouldn't expect to see him around as a senior.

Still not sure how he got that nickname. Was it edowd that confirmed it was 12 inches?
Before I became arbiter of nicknaming there was a popular poster promoting the nickname "Big Dick" Ruler, which was both hilarious and a completely appropriate name for somebody that is really tall and goes by Rick.

I think Roberson will be next year's impact 6th man. I could see him stepping into the Waiters/Southerland/Grant role, coming into the game by the first TO and playing a lot of minutes off the bench. I hope he can provide the offensive impact we'll need, and I expect his rebounding and defense to be good to great.

Gus Johnson once said it during P-B-P covering one of our games. The board caught on after that I believe.

Of course that doesn't rule out the edowd theory.

Rick the Ruler is the nickname of the rapper Slick Rick. It's just a take off of that.

JB has no idea what his rotation will be next year and I think he's happy about that. He could have a lot of options.

I noticed a different body language last night, less tentative, more "I belong here".
Even when he gets into full gear on the court, he will still have an unassuming look. Saw him facial someone in high school, big game, put his head down and trotted back to the other side of the court even though a teammate gave him a big bump. His confidence is growing, but he's not the kind of guy to scream hulk-like roars like DC2. He's a mellow fellow.

My thought would be, granted coleman is healthy, that him and rak continue to start.

Grant more than likely leaves. CM starts as a freshman and Roberson is the next super 6th man.

Rak and DC split time at the 5 and Gbinije gets alot of burn at both the 2 and 3.

Next year's team should be a great one!

This year's team is already a great one!

Ennis
Cooney
Roberson
McCullough
Christmas

This post sucks, how can anyone like it? It means Grant would have declared!

In all seriousness, if Grant were to stay, I think he would have a John Wallace type senior year. I would hope JB could tell him that with another year, teams will have to respect you when you are out at 17 feet. If they don't, he could have the game to make them more regularly. If they step out, he'll draw 10 fouls a game and avg 10 points a game from the FT alone. He' avg 20 next year, no doubt.

At worst, we'll have a top 5 backcourt and a 4th year Christmas, if the same improvement from last to this year, could be a 8/9 pt per game, 7 boards, 3/4 blocks.

If one either Roberson or McCullough pan out to what we think they can...then watch out.

Regardless, a soph Ennis is good enough by himself to get us in the tourney.

I noticed a different body language last night, less tentative, more "I belong here".

I also noticed and think he might finally be comfortable, or not nervous. There's a reason why some have said he's the most NBA ready, or maybe the most talented, and it's probably because they've seen him play with no presssure in practice. Once he is comfortable knowing his responsibilities in the zone, press, etc, then he'll have less pressure/stress and then let his basketball skills take over.

He shoots like 90% FT shooter and his positioning for boards is elite. He creates a lot of space around himself when he gets a board and seems to know angles. Oh, did I mention he looks like a track sprinter going up and down the court! Some guys it's tough to tell (with me, it's Patterson and DC2), some it is not (Roberson).

One of the things I pointed out in chat last night was he defense, he was moving great, was coming out in shooters, was roaring back to get someone who was slipping towards the basket.

One of the things I have a tendency to do during the games is just was watch the defense for while and pick a player and see how they move in the zone.

Yep, at one point, didn't the announcer single him out on how he closed out on a wing shooter? I think it was when he was in for JG when he failed to close out on the shooter 2x or 3x.

I once started a thread comparing his offensive game to DeShaun Williams (specifically giving a disclaimer that it was strictly style of play and not character), and based on the reaction you would have thought I said he was behind the planning of 9/11.

This made me laugh. I don't think that either of us is saying the Patterson is doomed to become a facsimile of two of the worst Orangemen of the last two decades, but I'm just expressing some concern over what I've seen so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom