ROLL CALL. GEORGIA DOME. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ROLL CALL. GEORGIA DOME.

Actual February conversation:

Wife: Where are we going for Spring Break?
Me: Well, I don't really want to make plans because that is final four weekend and what if 'Cuse makes it?
Wife: (Giving me the look) You seriously think they are going to make it? They look awful.
Me: No, not really. Ok. I'll book the trip.

First text I got after we beat Marquette:

Wife: Change your flight so you and Ty (my son) can go to Atlanta...

So, instead of wife's sister's wedding Friday night on Long Island (I kid you not) and flight to Fort Meyers on Sunday...

We now have wife's sister's wedding on Friday night with flight out of JFK to Charlotte on Saturday AM, pick up rental car and drive to Atlanta...with flight to Fort Meyers on either Sunday AM or Tuesday AM to meet up with wife and daughter...

And the Braves are home on Sunday against the Cubbies so, if we win Saturday night, it is off to Turner field on Sunday (we have a tradition of going to a baseball game in every city that has a major league team since my son is a HUGE baseball fan - be nice to cross another one off the list...)

That's nothing short of spectacular.

Hope we finally get to meet up in person at the FF this year. Crystal ball should look a whole lot clearer tomorrow.

I here already :)... I live in the ATL NW burbs (Woodstock). My seats are in Section 302 Row 15. I'll be @ the Practice rounds on Friday @ noon-4 Also. We need to coordinate a watering hole nearby prior to the games...since they don't serve beer there :mad:
Hudson Grille, across from CNN Center. Happy Hour on Friday (4:30-9:00). Easy pre- and post- game location.

I'm already here (NE suburbs).
I'll be there+3 on Saturday in the SU section (hoping that the seats will be in the same time zone as the court).

Son (class of 2014) and me
Flight check, arrive Friday eve
hotel check
tickets = needed

All set for two of us with two more on the fence!
Tickets through the Orange Club - not sure of seats yet.
Staying at the Embassy Suites - Centennial Olympic Park - for anyone with Hilton status and points this is a great option. Very nice property with free drinks every evening and less than 1/2 mile to the Dome.

Cuseman and cusefan in the same building. This won't be good. I have dibs on wearing an orange shirt

Wanted to find out from the board:
1. Who's in for the weekend?
2. Where are your seats
3. Where's the spot where we are drinking after the game?

Me, BlackKnight, NailstheCuseFan, and ljmilman will be in section 334, row 16.

Still trying to figure out where we are going out after the games so any suggestions are appreciated!
Staying at the Sheraton Gateway in College Park. 3.5 hotel 1 mile from the Marta station at the airport. I was able to book a room for $150 a night using Priceline and the Atlanta Airport location with the green dollar sign next to it.

If you want a decent hotel for a good price, as of 7 AM this morning, the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in Alpharetta has at least one room available at $89 per night. It is 28 miles north of the Georgia Dome but hotel prices are out of control, there is a ton of price gouging going on and this looked like the best bargain out there. You could also drive to North Springs, which isn't far from Alpharetta and take Marta if you have no stomach for the traffic. I understand it is really bad.

Cuseman and cusefan in the same building. This won't be good. I have dibs on wearing an orange shirt

Shotgun on the Orange shirt. Well done, Cusefan. Well done. I guess I gotta go with the blue then.

Section 330, row 20. I am driving down Friday from the DC area. Staying with a friend but open to anywhere to drink!

Shotgun on the Orange shirt. Well done, Cusefan. Well done. I guess I gotta go with the blue then.

I dont think it should be allowed to be that easy... I say you fight for it. Meet up in front of the GA dome. First one to make the other one bleed gets to wear an orange shirt. The other one gets to wear an orange shirt with blood on it.

Officially in today.
Staying at a buddy's house
Driving part of the way late Thursday, hoping to get there Friday early evening...unless Delta flights get better per the Delta flights post.
Don't have a ticket. Went to Final Four in Atlanta in 07 and hoping I run into something reasonable on Saturday. If not, the bars are better than the upper corners of the Dome. I know that from the 07 experience.

There should also be some form of hand signal we have for fellow posters when we're all in the park on Saturday.

There should also be some form of hand signal we have for fellow posters when we're all in the park on Saturday.

What better than this....
mock.png

Live in Auburn, AL, less than 2 hours from the Ga Dome. I am in Lexington of all places on Saturday. If we are fortunate enough to be playing on Monday I will be there along with my son. Am hopeful that the posters who state the NCAA Final Game is the easiest ticket in sports are 100% correct.

Driving there tomorrow with son number one (P.A.) to stay with son number two (Nick) who is a GTech grad and our daughter-in-law also a GTech grad. Seat assignments TBD for my two sons and I.

Im still drunk from the hockey game and need to wake up in 3 hrs for the airport. 4th weekend in a row traveling to support SU. Saturday will be my 7th game in just over 3 weeks. And of course its gonna be a pain and expensive to keep the streak of sitting in good seats going but I got to do it and bring this one home. (I have been extremely fortunate to have sat in awesome seats for reasonable prices all of the last 6 games.)

Anyways who cares bring on Saturday and Michigan and LETS GO ORANGE!

Im still drunk from the hockey game and need to wake up in 3 hrs for the airport. 4th weekend in a row traveling to support SU. Saturday will be my 7th game in just over 3 weeks. And of course its gonna be a pain and expensive to keep the streak of sitting in good seats going but I got to do it and bring this one home. (I have been extremely fortunate to have sat in awesome seats for reasonable prices all of the last 6 games.)

Anyways who cares bring on Saturday and Michigan and LETS GO ORANGE!

You, sir, happen to be my new role model. Enjoy it, it's been a great ride and I believe we will be celebrating into Tuesday.

Wanted to find out from the board:
1. Who's in for the weekend?
2. Where are your seats
3. Where's the spot where we are drinking after the game?

Me, BlackKnight, NailstheCuseFan, and ljmilman will be in section 334, row 16.

Still trying to figure out where we are going out after the games so any suggestions are appreciated!

1. My daughter is headed to her direct flight soon.
2. Sitting in the general admission floor seats for students.
3. Hmmm, underage college students don't drink, do they? She will be hanging with the Sour Sitrus when they are free.

Just picked mine up. Sect. 138 Row 30.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom