Saint Dougie... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Saint Dougie...

Is Rex Ryan the gold standard now? Is that where we are? "He did slightly better than Rex Ryan!" Whoopty-damn-doo.

I promised myself I wouldn't post in here but couldn't help myself.

Sexy Rexy and Dougie had the same amount of wins with the Bills...15 in 2 seasons (and Rex quit with one game left and one of Dougie's wins has the asterisk so i guess Rex was better by some of the logic here). Rex handicapped himself by hiring his brother and by being Rex where Marrone had some talented D coordinators in Pettine and Schwartz.

I mean we are talking about Kyle Orton's career with the Bills? Really?

Is Rex Ryan the gold standard now? Is that where we are? "He did slightly better than Rex Ryan!" Whoopty-damn-doo.
Marrone won with Orton with or without a comparison to Rex. You may not care...that's great...but it still happened and it is all I claimed before your started trying to refute.

thatsnoneofmy.jpg

Great win if they hang on

Boy did their D smack the Steelers. If you had bet before the season that the Jags, Jets and Steelers would all have the same record after 5 games, well you would have won some cash.

Jags currently 4th in offensive pts per game and 2nd in defensive pts per game allowed.

Good chance they will be one up on the division at the end of the day.

Couple things here...Dougie misplayed his hand (there are only 32 HC jobs in the league and I doubt he walks away from one without thinking he has another HC gig even if he received 4m on his way out the door). He is a quitter.

If you think Buffalo is amateur hour than what do you think Jacksonville is? That is probably the only organization ran worse than the Bills consistently (Browns too).

He should like it down there as he is not really a people person and Jacksonville has no fans or support.
You are delusional.

If I had a job that guaranteed me 2 years of full pay if I left, you bet your SWEET ASS I would be out the door and planning my vacation for the next 2 years.

Especially if I was as highly regarded as Doug is in the coaching community and the NFL and unhappy with the job, or not certain of the ownership or GM and where their loyalties lay.

Everything is not always what it seems to people who have no inside connections in the industry.

Stop trying to read into stuff, normally it's pretty simple.

In a normal scenario...nobody leaves a job unless they have another one lined up. That is not the case here, he was getting paid the same if he had a job or not. Why in the world would he take a job immediately if he wanted a break to figure things out for himself.

Get a grip man, If my wife knew I had a contract where I could literally get fired or opt out of a contract and still get paid $4 million dollars to take time off...how do you think that conversation would go?? Pose a hypothetical to your wife with the same scenario and see how that goes for you.

Last edited:
You are delusional.

If I had a job that guaranteed me 2 years of full pay if I left, you bet your SWEET ASS I would be out the door and planning my vacation for the next 2 years.

Especially if I was as highly regarded as Doug is in the coaching community and the NFL and unhappy with the job, or not certain of the ownership or GM and where their loyalties lay.

Everything is not always what it seems to people who have no inside connections in the industry.

In a normal scenario...nobody leaves a job unless they have another one lined up. That is not the case here, he was getting paid the same if he had a job or not. Why in the world would he take a job immediately if he wanted a break to figure things out for himself.

Get a grip man, If my wife knew I had a contract where I could literally get fired or opt out of a contract and still get paid $4 million dollars to take time off...how do you think that conversation would go?? Pose a hypothetical to your wife with the same scenario and see how that goes for you.
And I believe he believed the Jets job was his, and that's why he left.
If the Bills wanted him to stay, arrangements could have been made. The Bills essentially let him go.

And I believe he believed the Jets job was his, and that's why he left.
If the Bills wanted him to stay, arrangements could have been made. The Bills essentially let him go.
At both Syracuse and Buffalo he was asking for what he needed to keep his staff together and at both places he was told take a hike. At both places he had a good upward momentum and he knew if there was a loss of key assistants that momentum would be broken.

I'm happy for Doug, I had no problem with him leaving Syracuse or Buffalo. At the end of the day he's doing whats best for himself and his own career. Any one of us would do the same. He's a great coach, and I hope he continues to turn the Jags around.

You are delusional.

I'm delusional? Its the NFL bud not your ordinary job. He overplayed his hand... He did not necessarily want time off as you put it but thought he had the Jets job in the bag. NFL coaches don't just quit head coaching gigs because they can walk away for 1 years salary. Your post is full of false statements and your opinions not facts and I'm the one that's delusional....

I'm delusional? Its the NFL bud not your ordinary job. He overplayed his hand... He did not necessarily want time off as you put it but thought he had the Jets job in the bag. NFL coaches don't just quit head coaching gigs because they can walk away for 1 years salary. Your post is full of false statements and your opinions not facts and I'm the one that's delusional...
While he was wrong about the "lock" he had with the Jets and that was scuttled by Casullo's whining (you know the guy who publicly lashed out at punter Rob Long), he has a HC job now in the NFL. He took $4M with him and two years of Asst. salary and now HC salary. He ended up in a good position. Don't cry for him.

Would love to see Marrone and Hackett in NY with the Giants. The talent is there, it just needs to be coached appropriately.

McAdoo has literally no idea what he's doing.

I'm delusional? Its the NFL bud not your ordinary job. He overplayed his hand... He did not necessarily want time off as you put it but thought he had the Jets job in the bag. NFL coaches don't just quit head coaching gigs because they can walk away for 1 years salary. Your post is full of false statements and your opinions not facts and I'm the one that's delusional...

Were you in the room when the Pugula's had their sit down with Marrone? Sounds like it.

I wish Marrone was coaching the Giants.

I wish he was still coaching the Orange! If the SU brass at the time gave him what he needed to be successful in D1 climate (not wanted) I believe today we would consistently be in the Top 25.

This is just the best.

Marrone loses to the Jets last week, crickets.

Beats the Steelers, we've got people saying he'll be coach of the year, rehashing how Marrone been done wrong everywhere he goes.

I don't like the guy, but he keeps me entertained.

By the way, anybody know the last time an NFL team won a game with fewer than 100 passing yards? That's a nice feather in the cap for Bortles and Marrone.

This is just the best.

Marrone loses to the Jets last week, crickets.

Beats the Steelers, we've got people saying he'll be coach of the year, rehashing how Marrone been done wrong everywhere he goes.

I don't like the guy, but he keeps me entertained.

By the way, anybody know the last time an NFL team won a game with fewer than 100 passing yards? That's a nice feather in the cap for Bortles and Marrone.
More of the same. Jags win and you discount it as if they somehow cheated to win.

More of the same. Jags win and you discount it as if they somehow cheated to win.
I didn't say that at all.

I gave them credit for winning in a way that bucks the odds. How often do NFL teams win games in which they throw for under 100 yards?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom