San Diego St / CBS 9:40 PM | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

San Diego St / CBS 9:40 PM

correct depends on results. Only thing that is none is we arent playing in hinkel if we advance as they are making the teams all change locations after every game until sweet 16

Can't play at Lucas since that's where WVU/Morehead is.

Holy cow I'm already getting nervous for this game.

This is going to be the longest week of my life.
If it was 9:40 tonite I would have a hard time making it. All the way til Friday?

As Orangezoo pointed out earlier in this thread, SD ST was cool from the 3 pt line in their last 10 games (67-203) going 30%. Also, here is what they've done against the tourney and bubble teams:
W vs UCLA 73-58
L vs BYU 72-62
L vs COLO ST 70-67
W vs COLO ST 78-65
L @ UTAH ST 57-45
L @ UTAH ST 64-59
W vs BOISE ST 78-66
W vs BOISE ST 62-58
W (NEUTRAL) UTAH ST 68-57

They were 5-4 but 6 were at home. The home schedule helped them but they were hurt by having 2 games against NM cancelled or they might have 2 more wins. Overall, in my opinion even with the sparkling record and ranked 16th I can see why they didnt receive a better seeding. After wintering out west this year and catching quite a few MWC games on TV , all I can say is if that league got 4 teams (Boise St and Colo St) in the tournament it would have been a travesty. The tourney final was great for all the bubble teams. Watching that league will have you looking for the TV guide. Haha

Not sure where this post should go so I will post here.

I understand SDSU has cooled off a bit from deep their last 10 or so games. I don't put much stock into that though. They have 3-4 very capable shooters. If we are not careful, this could turn into the Baylor game from 2 years ago. Absolutely imperative we don't let them get good looks early. The defensive intensity has to be absolutely there from the start. I swear, if we see a 46% shooter get a wide open look from the top of the key on the first possession...

As Orangezoo pointed out earlier in this thread, SD ST was cool from the 3 pt line in their last 10 games (67-203) going 30%. Also, here is what they've done against the tourney and bubble teams:
W vs UCLA 73-58
L vs BYU 72-62
L vs COLO ST 70-67
W vs COLO ST 78-65
L @ UTAH ST 57-45
L @ UTAH ST 64-59
W vs BOISE ST 78-66
W vs BOISE ST 62-58
W (NEUTRAL) UTAH ST 68-57

They were 5-4 but 6 were at home. The home schedule helped them but they were hurt by having 2 games against NM cancelled or they might have 2 more wins. Overall, in my opinion even with the sparkling record and ranked 16th I can see why they didnt receive a better seeding. After wintering out west this year and catching quite a few MWC games on TV , all I can say is if that league got 4 teams (Boise St and Colo St) in the tournament it would have been a travesty. The tourney final was great for all the bubble teams. Watching that league will have you looking for the TV guide. Haha

Only entertaining game was Nevada Boise because there was zero defense. SDST may be very good given carryover from last year but it's gonna be tough coming up against the first P5 team in a while. In many ways they probably approach this like they are the underdog given their league.

I understand SDSU has cooled off a bit from deep their last 10 or so games. I don't put much stock into that though. They have 3-4 very capable shooters. If we are not careful, this could turn into the Baylor game from 2 years ago. Absolutely imperative we don't let them get good looks early. The defensive intensity has to be absolutely there from the start. I swear, if we see a 46% shooter get a wide open look from the top of the key on the first possession...

Agreed. We need to play defense like we did against Clemson and UNC at the dome.

Agreed completely.

This also is a game that is one of those hard to place. We aren't going to know how good that conference or SDST really is until tipoff.

Transitive property doesn't ever work but VCU beat Utah St early in the season and did so handily. The same team that beat SDSU 2/3 times losing just recently in the title game.

Yep, agreed.
But I'd also point out that a) our team in that baylor game was a complete mess after FH's er "exit" and b) as we're seeing this year (seeds of it in that game in '19) Baylor is a damn machine

Is Joe starting?...

AG has to be locked in. Has to be. If he starts floating on defense, we're screwed. I think JB will give him the quick hook if he sees him blow an assignment badly. You float in a game against a team like this, they can exploit you quickly and reel off 6 to 9 points because you're worrying about getting your shots up on offense and all of a sudden our strategy has to change.

I understand JGIII and Buddy have their limitations up top, more so Joe with his size, so I think it could be a game where Kadary gets in early, again, if they hit an early three or two.

I believe we can and will beat this team if we are locked in. We haven't played a full game where we've been locked in the whole boat. But we were trending to get there. If this is the game it happens, I think we can level up because I think it will finally show the guys what we can truly be when we're rolling.

Also, if we get Jesse, Kadary, Bras, Buddy and Q (or Marek on the wing), that is a huge lineup. I don't care who you are, that length matters. And when we have our zone rolling, it's like playing a different sport.

A little deceiving. I thought he came across very respectful and not at all overconfident. A couple of the players called out 2-3 zone as though they were excited which is probably a bit overzealous but Dutcher seemed very respectful and confident in his own team. Not much bulletin board in that interview to me.
A couple players sounded excited, but pretty sure I heard another another guy go "Aw man."

Seth sending SDST to the elite 8. Good omen. He sucks picking games and picking our games.

He basically picked every 11, 12, 13 and 14 seed to win except us.

Last nice that dweeb picked a team (a 13 or 14 seed) and said "remember you heard it from me first". He picks about 2/3rd's of those games for the dogs and then will let people know when he gets its right.

What an asshat

He basically picked every 11, 12, 13 and 14 seed to win except us.

Last nice that dweeb picked a team (a 13 or 14 seed) and said "remember you heard it from me first". He picks about 2/3rd's of those games for the dogs and then will let people know when he gets its right.

What an asshat

Yeah he jumped all over picking Colgate and we all know he knows absolutely nothing about them.

Yep, agreed.
But I'd also point out that a) our team in that baylor game was a complete mess after FH's er "exit" and b) as we're seeing this year (seeds of it in that game in '19) Baylor is a damn machine
Correct, different circumstances and Baylor is number 1 in all of d1 at 3pt shooting this year and have been elite since we played. Read that again... number 1.

But nevertheless, this team is well coached, a winner, and has shooters. It’s so important to not let these type of teams start off hot early.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom