Scott Shafer | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Scott Shafer

Not that I know of but the Pitt D was awful this year and I would guess Narduzzi could make a change.

Shaf @ Pittsburgh wouldn't be good for us. Would be a great fit, his attacking style with the defensive they can recruit on that side of the ball. Pittsburgh is a Shafer kinda town.

Shaf @ Pittsburgh wouldn't be good for us. Would be a great fit, his attacking style with the defensive they can recruit on that side of the ball. Pittsburgh is a Shafer kinda town.

Short passes were always that D's kryptonite.

But he was a great DC.

Wish him well, but would rather not play against his D!

He runs the same Narduzzi defense that we shredded with our backup QB, breaking a Jim Brown record in the process.

He runs the same Narduzzi defense that we shredded with our backup QB, breaking a Jim Brown record in the process.

I highly doubt he runs the same defense as pat.

Pitt has a DC- Josh Conklin.
Why is Shafer mentioned as a candidate?

serving in some type of advisory capacity with his old friend.
Old friend? The kind that tries to kill you? ;)

I agree that if the Pitt DC position were to be open that it would be a good spot for FHCSS.

Last edited:
Because they werd horrendous.

Sure, their defense werd pretty terrible but Conklin's supposed to be a talented young coach and it's only his second year with the job.
Just seems less likely to me.

Narduzzi is supposed to be such a brilliant defensive-minded coach.
Maybe he needs to take some responsibility for their suckitude on defense.

What Jim Brown record was broken in the Pitt game?

I hope fhcss ends up someplace great for him. He gave his heart to cuse and is a super person. Great DC whatever program he ends up at is fortunate to have him.

Old friend? The kind that tries to kill you? ;)

I agree that if the Pitt DC position were to be open that it would be a good Sprott for FHCSS.
What...you've never had a friend like that before? ;)

Both Narduzzi and Shafer like attacking LB's with single coverage on the outside; stopping the run is priority #1. Narduzzi is a bit more hard headed about not coming out of man. This year he didn't have the CB talent.

But, this kind of offense eats that kind of defense up. See: UCONN/PITT games this year.