Sean Tucker: Buccaneers | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Tucker: Buccaneers

I watched the game and Tuck had zero running room. That being said, Smith had a decent game, got decent yards. Not sure if Smith had better blocking or was just better at breaking tackles or making something out of nothing. I agree, Tuck has got to produce, he will be getting a legitimate shot and chance with Edmonds out.
Smith definitely had a tinch more room to work with. And, Smith did take full advantage of what room he was given.

Tuck was bottled up immediately and the plays called to him were of the slow developing show handoff variety, where the opponent knows he's going to run it the majority of the time he is in. My guess is that when Tuck is in, they are keying on certain types of runs. With Smith, maybe the film is showing that he is being used in a variety of ways so they have to wait a bit longer before deciding.

Would be nice to see some misdirection stuff.

Going to be tough sledding next week against the Eagles on Monday night.

Edmonds is dealing with a sprained MCL and is expected to miss 4-6 weeks. The veteran back had been getting some run on passing downs before suffering the knee injury. Expect that work to go to Rachaad White, who is a capable pass protector and a strong receiver out of the backfield. Sean Tucker could also see some extra snaps going forward.

OK, you can take it that way if you want.

I didn't spend 3 hours watching a team I don't care for just to get a dig in on Tucker.

I want to see him succeed.

He needs to find a way to do something exceptional, despite the limitations of the people around him.
well...they did use the correct sarcasm font.

Smith definitely had a tinch more room to work with. And, Smith did take full advantage of what room he was given.

Tuck was bottled up immediately and the plays called to him were of the slow developing show handoff variety, where the opponent knows he's going to run it the majority of the time he is in. My guess is that when Tuck is in, they are keying on certain types of runs. With Smith, maybe the film is showing that he is being used in a variety of ways so they have to wait a bit longer before deciding.

Would be nice to see some misdirection stuff.
The same thing happened to Joe Morris his rookie year with the Giants. They'd put him in on third and long and run a draw play that everyone in the stadium could see coming.

Y'all watch him play so far this year and think, "he definitely belongs?" Be real, if he wasn't a Cuse alum, and was averaging 1.7 ypc, and looked slow for the game, you'd be saying the same thing. Watch the way white hits it versus sean. It's not the same, and I absolutely loved him in college.

Y'all watch him play so far this year and think, "he definitely belongs?" Be real, if he wasn't a Cuse alum, and was averaging 1.7 ypc, and looked slow for the game, you'd be saying the same thing. Watch the way white hits it versus sean. It's not the same, and I absolutely loved him in college.
Yeah that White just tore it up with his 2.7 ypc, guess Tucker should just quit

As others have stated, they clearly have run blocking issues. Do you disagree with anything I said? Every time he goes out there he looks too slow and indecisive. White looks different.
Yes I do, dude carried it twice. I saw him in his first two games and thought he looked ok

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom