Seat Selection Process Announced for 2024 | Syracusefan.com

Seat Selection Process Announced for 2024

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

The JMA Wireless Dome transformation project has reached the reseating stage. The installation of the new chairback seating will decrease the capacity of the JMA Dome for Syracuse University football, basketball and lacrosse which will require the first reseating of the building since it opened in 1980. Syracuse Athletics and the 'Cuse Athletics Fund ('CAF) is committed to guiding all season ticket holders through this process to ensure a fair and seamless transition.

"Orange fans are among the best in the nation. The loyalty and generosity they have shown by supporting the Orange inside the JMA Dome for more than 43 years is not something we take for granted," said Director of Athletics, John Wildhack. "Our goal, today and into the future, is to continue to provide an unmatched experience to all season ticket holders, donors, students and fans. This includes a first-rate customer service experience as we navigate the seat selection process."

The new seats in the 100 and 200 levels will be two inches wider than the current seats and will feature arm rests, while the 300 level seats will have chair backs. To accommodate the improved seating throughout the venue, the capacity in each level and section will decrease to approximately 42,000 for football and 31,000 for men's basketball. This reflects a loss of approximately 7,000 seats and 5,000 seats for each sport respectively. The majority of seats lost will occur in the 100 level, which will decrease by roughly 4,000 seats.

Sport Specific Details
The JMA Dome reseating process will allow for every football and men's basketball season ticket holder to choose their new seats through a seat selection process, which will begin in June 2024. Every season ticket account holder will receive personalized outreach to discuss seating options.

Women's basketball and men's and women's lacrosse season ticket account holders will participate in a separate process as the majority of tickets for those events are general admission. Account holders with reserved seating for these sports will be contacted at a later date to discuss the next steps for their seat selection.

The Seat Selection Process
'Cuse Athletics Fund Donor Rank will be used for the seat selection process. All season ticket holders are 'CAF members and therefore have a Donor Rank, which is calculated based on Annual Membership Level and Priority Points. During the next several weeks, season ticket holders, 'CAF members and registered Project Insiders will receive email communications outlining how Donor Rank is calculated, unveiling new Priority Point bonuses recognizing season ticket holder loyalty and additional information on opportunities to improve a Donor Rank.

"In preparation of this process, we have met with fans, alumni, and season ticket holders to ensure a thoughtful approach," said 'CAF Executive Director and Senior Associate Athletic Director Michael Paulus. "As part of the process, we have reviewed the Donor Rank System and are preparing to adjust the calculation to recognize our season ticket holders who have shown loyalty and longevity by consistently purchasing season tickets for many years. All season ticket holders are 'CAF members and their direct impact on Syracuse Athletics is invaluable. Their experience is at the forefront of our plans for 2024 and beyond."

Pricing, new seat maps and payment plan information for 2024-25 will be available in January 2024. Season ticket account holders will have until May 1, 2024 to place their deposits for 2024 season tickets and improve their Donor Rank. Seat selection, which will begin in early June 2024, will be based on Donor Rank as of May 1, 2024.

if the 300s are just gonna have chair backs then dont bother with effort.. that does nothing but make it harder to move up there and its tight enough already when people show up.. at least with no chair backs you can move around to get between rows.

But I guess seats are the perk for sitting in the worst seats in the building.

4000 lost in the lower bowl . I wonder what that means for the student/band seating thats quite a chunk to move around.

How many of that lower bowl was not sold this year as a season ticket maybe 1000?

But does this mean seats in the upper with just no arms or are they putting backs on the metal or what?

Basketball is gonna see some pain as those seats were mostly sold

Last edited:
IMG_1868.jpeg
“The new seats in the 100 and 200 levels will be two inches wider than the current seats and will feature chair backs and arm rests, while the 300 level seats will have chair backs only.”

Just poorly worded definitely.

Because they refer to the new seats down stairs as “chair backs and arm rests”

The ones up stairs are going to have no arm rests between the seats and will look similar to these…

Thats what i was wondering.. Currently its fairly empty up high and people work around people by jumping a few rows and climbing down.. Thats gonna be gone with these. The nice thing is if they actually fold up there is some room to perhaps stand and let people by. I guess we find out.

I do wonder though how wide a seat they put in up stairs.. this picture it would seem those seats are already wider than the current seating with a couple inches in between seats.. Doesnt sound like thats in the plans if they only are going to lose a few thousand across all the upper deck.

Given the SU track record they will probably also be green.

I don't mind paying more to keep 100 level seats because I imagine anything is more comfortable than the dang silver benches.
come on.. people need to go visit other arenas to see what real bad seats are.

Is the Bills no stadium going with all seats or benches?

I'm nervous...my family has had the same seats for over 20 years, but our "donations" dont go any farther than whatever is included in the season tickets. I hope we are rewarded for our loyalty. I'd be crushed if we lost our seats because we don't have money to donate more than buying tickets

I'm nervous...my family has had the same seats for over 20 years, but our "donations" dont go any farther than whatever is included in the season tickets. I hope we are rewarded for our loyalty. I'd be crushed if we lost our seats because we don't have money to donate more than buying tickets

My family had season tickets going back to 1950. We were plank owners when the Dome opened in 1980.

They were transferred to me when my Uncle died. But I have only been the season ticket holder "of record" since 1998.

BOHICA.

Don’t Hold your breath

I hope for your sake you are. They stressed to others when I went to the lounge meeting that loyalty would be rewarded for long term holders like you. I totally get and appreciate doing that. But there are going to be annoyed folks, its unavoidable.

I hope for your sake you are. They stressed to others when I went to the lounge meeting that loyalty would be rewarded for long term holders like you. I totally get and appreciate doing that. But there are going to be annoyed folks, its unavoidable.
Long term season ticket holders didn’t matter when it came to parking passes this year.

So we have two months to increase our donation...

Season ticket account holders will have until May 1, 2024 to place their deposits for 2024 season tickets and improve their Donor Rank.

if the 300s are just gonna have chair backs then dont bother with effort.. that does nothing but make it harder to move up there and its tight enough already when people show up.. at least with no chair backs you can move around to get between rows.

But I guess seats are the perk for sitting in the worst seats in the building.

4000 lost in the lower bowl . I wonder what that means for the student/band seating thats quite a chunk to move around.

How many of that lower bowl was not sold this year as a season ticket maybe 1000?

But does this mean seats in the upper with just no arms or are they putting backs on the metal or what?

Basketball is gonna see some pain as those seats were mostly sold
My wife says she can't stand sitting in the upper deck because there are no backs to the seats and refuses to go to any more games. So I lobbied Pete Sala to forego the backs. ;)

What about cup holders? Makes no sense, whenever we are on the TV the wide camera lens shows empty seats in the corners/endzone in the 300's. Why not add seats with cupholders as they do at all stadiums. (Even METLIFE that hosts Jets has that in the 300 level). Make the seats wider with cupholders and have capacity of 40,000. No empty seats etc. Once again poor planning. Lowest bidder. I remember going to the dome in the 80's and having to wait to use the aluminum pee recepticles. Not enough bathrooms and poor design. Why repeat that. Wider seats with Cups. Less empty seats.

Go Cuse

What about cup holders? Makes no sense, whenever we are on the TV the wide camera lens shows empty seats in the corners/endzone in the 300's. Why not add seats with cupholders as they do at all stadiums. (Even METLIFE that hosts Jets has that in the 300 level). Make the seats wider with cupholders and have capacity of 40,000. No empty seats etc. Once again poor planning. Lowest bidder. I remember going to the dome in the 80's and having to wait to use the aluminum pee recepticles. Not enough bathrooms and poor design. Why repeat that. Wider seats with Cups. Less empty seats.

Go Cuse

This is a very inaccurate take.

You’re thinking of one sport and one sport only and that’s football.

You have to remember this is a venue that hosts several different sports and each require different set ups

Eliminating anymore seats for basketball would be even worse than it already is

I hope that you’re able to keep your same seats

They’re certainly going to try their best

If it’s just for football, you have a pretty good chance of keeping your seats….

If it’s for basketball, much tougher task as everything is going to be flipped around

Go Cuse

Also who the heck has to wait at the pee troughs

I’ve never heard of such a thing

Just get in there between two people and do your business

Your post lost all credibility at that point

Waiting till June seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

Would be nice if they gave actual pictures of what the seats will look like. Makes a huge difference when deciding which section.

When people say "about" they usually round up. I am thinking 41,750 for FB and 30,950 for BBall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom