Class of 2024 - SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered

And this is why recruiting is so crazy and why I feel for the coaches. They worked harder on this kid than anyone, believed in him early, talked to him everyday and got nothing. It’s part of the business, but it’s wild times now and this kid blowing up was the worst thing to happen. I was more concerned with G league than Miami and they legit pulled a rabbit out of the hat apparently or money out of the bank. Crazy crazy crazy
The blowing up thing is a really crazy concept.

It's like, not only do you need to be in on a player early so you can get the headstart on relationship building, you risk your advantages if the kid gets too good too fast and has doors open to other crazy possibilities. It's almost like you want them to be really good, but not that good. Weird way to have to think.

I'm stoked it sounds like the dude is getting life changing $$$ tho. That wasn't a legitimate opportunity just a few short years ago.

I wonder what the staffs pivot would be if he isn’t Orange.
Maybe there’s a Kadary Richmond type diamond in the rough floating around out there.

And this is why recruiting is so crazy and why I feel for the coaches. They worked harder on this kid than anyone, believed in him early, talked to him everyday and got nothing. It’s part of the business, but it’s wild times now and this kid blowing up was the worst thing to happen. I was more concerned with G league than Miami and they legit pulled a rabbit out of the hat apparently or money out of the bank. Crazy crazy crazy
If we don’t get a visit, that’s really messed up considering the relationships that were built. It would have been a game changer for Red and the program had they landed Bethea.

Last edited:
I just wonder why Jalil went out of his way to tell that kid he didn't cancel his visit only to cancel the next day.

Prob bc he didn’t want the Miami commitment to get out lol

I thought feeling like a family and being featured were his main focus on a school. It‘s all BS. It’s all about the money.
Completely agree. Don't mind these kids going for the money, but be a man about it and tell the coaches I'm going to the highest bidder. If that was the case, it would have been over for SU, a long time ago.

Completely agree. Don't mind these kids going for the money, but be a man about it and tell the coaches I'm going to the highest bidder. If that was the case, it would have been over for SU, a long time ago.

It's very possible Miami was biding their time to throw an offer he couldn't refuse so that there wasn't much of a chance for others to match or beat it. I'm very curious just what all transpired with the Klutch Sports move. That seems to have rapidly changed this whole thing.

I know it’ll suck to not get Jalil, but I can’t blame Jalil for his decision either. It’s not like Cuse doesn’t have money but I mean Miami has countless opportunities for nil and probably gave him a bag. No reason to not still be confident in Red and the staff they did all they could do and stayed in it until the end.

Bummer...only other guards they had offers out to were Boogie Fland and Mikey Lewis. I'm sure there's another guard out there but will be hard to flip a kid prior to the early signing period in November since the season will be so young for AA to build and sell something from on the court performance. However need to remember that kids get out of NLIs after coaching changes in March and all hell breaks loose so keep putting feelers out there before solely waiting for the portal to open in March.

Based on recent history in the portal and recruitment we will be fine. If he’s headed to Miami so be it - always feel terrible for coaches who invest so much in these situations. For Cuse fans .500 records are history and we are good to go.

Looked at Miamis site and they had a number of sellouts last year..

Living in Miami over 25 years - the basketball team brings zero energy to the City - even the football team has lackluster buzz since they moved to the pro stadium - the Heat and the Dolphins are all most people care about - this kid got a lot of money - he may also be into the Miami vibe but I would imagine it’s solely money

hanna-and-haley-cavinder.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom