Class of 2015 - SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Richardson and Trevon Duval return to action after that awe-inspiring, certain catastrophe,
end of the world type blizzard that just hit the garden state......
e202e17f098352ae6b91b009cc64a2ab0257b707a5e9b4babfe9acdeb26d538c.jpg

Come on fios, hook us up!

I love the idea of Gbinije, Cooney, and Richardson all being on the floor together next season. Shooters.
I wonder
a) how immediately ready Mal will be (which essentially means, will he have the zone principles down to JB's liking)
b) how willing JB will be to go with a lineup of G at point and Mal at the 3 - and how long/frequently he's willing to use that lineup.

One of my fears/questions is... will there be sufficient minutes for Richardson to make an impact next year - because I feel like we'll need that impact to be final4 good

No Mickey Dees for Malachi :noidea:, watch em pull an Ennis and drop 55 next game

Edit, looks like I jumped the gun lol, hes on the west squad? Get these roster coordinators a map

I wonder
a) how immediately ready Mal will be (which essentially means, will he have the zone principles down to JB's liking)
b) how willing JB will be to go with a lineup of G at point and Mal at the 3 - and how long/frequently he's willing to use that lineup.

One of my fears/questions is... will there be sufficient minutes for Richardson to make an impact next year - because I feel like we'll need that impact to be final4 good
The thought of Richardson, Cooney, Gbinije, McCullough and Robertson on the floor at one time has me excited. I don't know if this lineup will be used but the versatility on offense would be awesome.

Richardson has 13 with 3 treys tonight as TCA wins 75-54.
Trenton Catholic is undefeated in league and their record improves to 9-4 overall. Still have to win some of those tight games they lost earlier to the tough teams, but they're getting back on track.

tee1222 said:
Richardson has 13 with 3 treys tonight as TCA wins 75-54. Trenton Catholic is undefeated in league and their record improves to 9-4 overall. Still have to win some of those tight games they lost earlier to the tough teams, but they're getting back on track.

Oh no, my SU friend in the Trenton area will text me in the morning: "Yeah, he made the All America team but he only scored 13 points last night."

I wonder

If we played Trevor, Mike and Malichi together I think for sure Mike would be the PG on offense but I wonder if after a year under his belt playing the back of the zone if he would still play the wing on defense. That's 3 potent shooters that would be interesting to see out there at the same time.

If we played Trevor, Mike and Malichi together I think for sure Mike would be the PG on offense but I wonder if after a year under his belt playing the back of the zone if he would still play the wing on defense. That's 3 potent shooters that would be interesting to see out there at the same time.
The versatility next year is incredible. Like you said, a lineup with MG as PG on offense and as a forward on defense, and then TC, MR, CM and possibly Bryant, that would have three very good shooters and CM is a good outside shooter. That would be nuts. So long as they could rebound.

Handle is improved. He drives left often and has a decent mid range and pull up. I would like to think he's far and above better ball handler than Dirty, but that's not saying much. :)
He's getting there, but I would guess he will have the handle of a true SG (as opposed to combo or point) in the long run.

I never like hearing "ballhandler" and Dirty in the same sentence. He progressed a lot considering where he started from - but, he was just scary as a Frosh trying to dribble.

I never like hearing "ballhandler" and Dirty in the same sentence. He progressed a lot considering where he started from - but, he was just scary as a Frosh trying to dribble.
Gotcha. That's exactly why I used 'far and above' so that people know he's much more of a guard and scores in a bunch of different ways.

tee1222 said:
Mali and Trenton Catholic host Medford Tech tonight. They won the away game against this team already, but it was tight. Toight like a toiger. http://highschoolsports.nj.com/school/trenton-trenton-catholic/boysbasketball/schedule/

Malachi had 16.

My friend went. He wasn't impressed. He said Malachi stands around the perimeter and usually just passes to a teammate. He rarely looks to drive or hustles on defense. My friend said he's obviously skilled, but he coasts through much of the game. Second person I know who said this.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Malachi had 16.

My friend went. He wasn't impressed. He said Malachi stands around the perimeter and usually just passes to a teammate. He rarely looks to drive or hustles on defense. My friend said he's obviously skilled, but he coasts through much of the game. Second person I know who said this.

Don't shoot the messenger.

I can't speak to all of this but Malachi does not play a lick of defense. He won't play a lot next year if that doesn't change.

iommi said:
I can't speak to all of this but Malachi does not play a lick of defense. He won't play a lot next year if that doesn't change.

Howard doesn't play much defense either.

They're going to make Joseph look like Jason Hart on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom