Class of 2015 - SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the Ennis snub, the Burger committee can all kick rocks.

I remember watching the Jordan Game ( I think) and every time Ennis was in his team ran good offense and got good shots but the other highly touted PG were all over the place. I knew we had a good one. I also watched enough of the McD game to say to myself Ennis is clearly the best most ready PG in this class, something that the season bore out IMO.

At the end of the day, the McDonald's game can tell you exactly two things: which kids love attention, and which ones don't really care about it at all. It's such bad, "me first" basketball. If you're not out for yourself in that game, you're going to be invisible.

The burger game has gotten to the point of whoever commits to Kentucky, Duke and Kansas they are automatically considered a Burger boy. Like you said, the game itself really sucks, nothing but "look what I can do on offense."

Big opportunity for Richardson to make his case for the Burger game this Saturday at the Hoophall Classic. http://www.thehoophallclassic.com/game_schedule.php
He'll be facing top 25 player Brandon Ingram. A big game from Mali in front of all the national scouts will do well for his chances, even though the Burger game voting process is a huge joke.
Is this game being streamed?

According to reports Malachi put on a show today and led all scorers with 25pts in a 2pt defeat against top 25 Brandon Ingram and his Kinston squad. Knowing our luck expect Mali to join Paul Harris and Tyler Ennis on the Burger game snub list.:(

Evan Daniels article on Hoophall Classic, dated 1/18/15:

Ingram, Richardson impress

The second game of the day at the Hoop Hall Classic matched up a pair of high-level senior wings, as Brandon Ingram and Kinston (N.C.) High took on Malachi Richardson and Hamilton (N.J.) Trenton Catholic.

The two prospects are very different, but both effective in how they score their points.

There’s been quite a bit of talk about Ingram, who helped Kinston pull off a two-point win on Saturday, during his senior campaign and it didn’t take long to see why. Ingram was aggressive, both looking for long-range jumpers, but also off the bounce and showed his deft scoring touch on his way to 22 points on 9-for-17 shooting.

Ingram didn’t really drive the ball all the way to the rim until the fourth quarter. Instead he hunted pull-up jumpers and even made a pair of turnaround jumpers from the left elbow. At his size and length, it’s tough to get to Ingram’s shot. He also hit two of his five three-point attempts.

The question about Ingram has always been regarding if he guards wings or power forwards. The truth is his length could impact players at either position, but moves his feet fine and may be better suited tracking perimeter players. Regardless, Ingram is getting better at just the right time and appears undervalued at No. 26 in the country.

On the other end, Richardson looked pretty good in his own right. It’s evident that the Syracuse signee has spent a considerable amount of time in the weight room, as he has added 10 pounds and his body looks college ready.

At 6-foot-6, Richardson has a good-looking shot. He made four of his 10 three-point attempts. He also made a mid-range jump shot off a curl and had a nice jump stop into the lane that led to a finish.

As the game wore on he got a little more aggressive off the dribble, but could certainly look to drive the ball a little more. That’s the next step in his game and an area that he can certainly develop. Richardson finished with 25 points on 8-for-18 shooting.

http://scouthoops.At their request,...site./story/1503291-hoop-hall-day-one-rundown

Evan Daniels article on Hoophall Classic, dated 1/18/15:

Ingram, Richardson impress

The second game of the day at the Hoop Hall Classic matched up a pair of high-level senior wings, as Brandon Ingram and Kinston (N.C.) High took on Malachi Richardson and Hamilton (N.J.) Trenton Catholic.

The two prospects are very different, but both effective in how they score their points.

There’s been quite a bit of talk about Ingram, who helped Kinston pull off a two-point win on Saturday, during his senior campaign and it didn’t take long to see why. Ingram was aggressive, both looking for long-range jumpers, but also off the bounce and showed his deft scoring touch on his way to 22 points on 9-for-17 shooting.

Ingram didn’t really drive the ball all the way to the rim until the fourth quarter. Instead he hunted pull-up jumpers and even made a pair of turnaround jumpers from the left elbow. At his size and length, it’s tough to get to Ingram’s shot. He also hit two of his five three-point attempts.

The question about Ingram has always been regarding if he guards wings or power forwards. The truth is his length could impact players at either position, but moves his feet fine and may be better suited tracking perimeter players. Regardless, Ingram is getting better at just the right time and appears undervalued at No. 26 in the country.

On the other end, Richardson looked pretty good in his own right. It’s evident that the Syracuse signee has spent a considerable amount of time in the weight room, as he has added 10 pounds and his body looks college ready.

At 6-foot-6, Richardson has a good-looking shot. He made four of his 10 three-point attempts. He also made a mid-range jump shot off a curl and had a nice jump stop into the lane that led to a finish.

As the game wore on he got a little more aggressive off the dribble, but could certainly look to drive the ball a little more. That’s the next step in his game and an area that he can certainly develop. Richardson finished with 25 points on 8-for-18 shooting.

http://scouthoops.At their request,...site./story/1503291-hoop-hall-day-one-rundown

this kid's jump shot is pretty as can be to look at. i still remember watching roberson highlights and being like "who is this guy" i just dont have a sense if he has any sort of handle.

this kid's jump shot is pretty as can be to look at. i still remember watching roberson highlights and being like "who is this guy" i just dont have a sense if he has any sort of handle.
Handle is improved. He drives left often and has a decent mid range and pull up. I would like to think he's far and above better ball handler than Dirty, but that's not saying much. :)
He's getting there, but I would guess he will have the handle of a true SG (as opposed to combo or point) in the long run.

Handle is improved. He drives left often and has a decent mid range and pull up. I would like to think he's far and above better ball handler than Dirty, but that's not saying much. :)
He's getting there, but I would guess he will have the handle of a true SG (as opposed to combo or point) in the long run.
I don't think he'll ever be a dribble breakdown guy, so if you're looking for Dion then prepare to be disappointed. What I like though is that he's not a ball stopper and doesn't waste any dribbles. Either he'll let the shot fly or use a one cut move to get into the lane where he likes to shoot the Joe Johnson like step back jumper. He's also an underrated passer from what I saw of him last season. Spent a lot of time directing the offense and being the team lead playmaker. From what I understand this season, his team now has a natural PG, so Mali isn't counted on to run the offense like last season and can now just focus on his scoring.

I don't think he'll ever be a dribble breakdown guy, so if you're looking for Dion then prepare to be disappointed. What I like though is that he's not a ball stopper and doesn't waste any dribbles. Either he'll let the shot fly or use a one cut move to get into the lane where he likes to shoot the Joe Johnson like step back jumper. He's also an underrated passer from what I saw of him last season. Spent a lot of time directing the offense and being the team lead playmaker. From what I understand this season, his team now has a natural PG, so Mali isn't counted on to run the offense like last season and can now just focus on his scoring.
So well stated. Nice post, brother.

Mali leads all scorers with 21 points in a TCA win yesterday over Westampton
Let me repeat that. He LED ALL SCORERS.
;)
Wait, I thought he was having a bad season? What you trying to say Tee?
2lth5iu.png

Richardson's just ferocious in this one. People have heard how good a shooter. But I don't know if most realize his iso ability. One bounce or less. Stop. Pop. Man in his face. Doesn't matter. Drills it. Bring on college and bigger guards. My guess is he eventually eats them up. A lot of that jab step and just bury it stuff Carmelo brought years ago. Different player. But he has that ability to become unconscious with a man draped over him like Dion, Melo. Oh, man does it hurt to be so good.

Oh and by the way. That's a 6'8 (top 10 in the country) forward draped over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom