Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If White had chosen SU out of high school he'd probably be going into his third or fourth NBA season. Maybe even working on a second contract if he's good enough.

Word to the young prospects out there reading.

Syracuse has been on a amazing NBA roll lately. I think MCW changed the NBA. All of sudden long guards became fashionable.

image.png

I'd rather follow this captain.

Syracuse has been on a amazing NBA roll lately. I think MCW changed the NBA. All of sudden long guards became fashionable.
We're putting guys in the league for sure, but most of them have been drafted by not-so-great franchises such as the Cavs, Kings, Wolves, Nets, etc. so the production hasn't quite been there (besides Melo of course - and Warrick had a pretty good run in the league)

Wes got a 2nd contract, Dion is gonna get a 2nd contract, so will MCW - but it will be nice if these dudes start making some real noise soon.

Arguably the less noise they make the more impressive it makes Syracuse look. We put people in the first round that aren't really great players. That should be a far bigger selling point to recruits than UK who takes a lottery pick and gets them picked in the first round. Iona could do that.

We're putting guys in the league for sure, but most of them have been drafted by not-so-great franchises such as the Cavs, Kings, Wolves, Nets, etc. so the production hasn't quite been there (besides Melo of course - and Warrick had a pretty good run in the league)

Wes got a 2nd contract, Dion is gonna get a 2nd contract, so will MCW - but it will be nice if these dudes start making some real noise soon.
The not-so-great franchises have high draft pics.

We need those guys to start earning that 2nd contract.

Arguably the less noise they make the more impressive it makes Syracuse look. We put people in the first round that aren't really great players. That should be a far bigger selling point to recruits than UK who takes a lottery pick and gets them picked in the first round. Iona could do that.
Yea, don't think that's necessarily true. Recent 1st rounders:
2016 Malachi: McD AA, 4 star
2015 McCullough: 5 star
2014: Tyler Ennis: 5 star
2013: MCW: McD AA, 4 star
2012: Fab Melo: McD AA, 5 star
2012: Dion Waiters 4/5 star

Yea, don't think that's necessarily true. Recent 1st rounders:
2016 Malachi: McD AA, 4 star
2015 McCullough: 5 star
2014: Tyler Ennis: 5 star
2013: MCW: McD AA, 4 star
2012: Fab Melo: McD AA, 5 star
2012: Dion Waiters 4/5 star
I think the argument would be - what would Dion's NBA career be like if he went to UK? What would Fab look like if it went to Duke or Ville?

It's hard to imagine it would be a huge difference in productivity

But I'm kind of with HoustonCuse - is Kemba a 20ppg player because he went to UConn? Or is he a 20ppg player because he is good, period. It's 'Cuse's job to get guys in the league, after that it's on them, IMO.

Do a google search for "Andrew White Syracuse Skowt" with the last word in that combo spelled a little differently and you'll be happily surprised by the second entry. The page is empty right now (the cached version has a video of White in action stills over horror film music, What?) but hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

Do a google search for "Andrew White Syracuse Skowt" with the last word in that combo spelled a little differently and you'll be happily surprised by the second entry. The page is empty right now (the cached version has a video of White in action stills over horror film music, What?) but hopefully it's a sign of things to come.
lol that's awesome ... good looks

Similar on MSN. Posted yesterday... odd. Premature it seems.

Syracuse lands Nebraska transfer Andrew White

There's enough people in this board that are "in the know" that if it were true, we would have known. Unless the White family lowkey went public with it before they told SU? I'm definitely not getting my hopes up yet

Isn't a done deal, contrary to much of the sentiment on this and the main hoops board.
Well, no one in this thread think it's done. I would be surprised if he choose us honestly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom