Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be a great "Get". He looks to have an NBA body, and at 6'7" would play great at the guard spot. Imagine the zone of with him and Battle at the top.

Drool.

Would be a great "Get". He looks to have an NBA body, and at 6'7" would play great at the guard spot. Imagine the zone of with him and Battle at the top.

Drool.
drooling-smiley.png

Author of the article doesn't seem aware of the 7'2"PC that is, IMO, going to be a big factor.

But I agree with the overall assessment, SU is a better landing spot than Lville.

White is more like a SF or SG than a PF.

Resistance is futile.

Rumor has it that Andrew White's parents were fans of the show, and it might benefit Boeheim if he was, hence my post is on topic and shouldnt offend anyone. I do waste a lot of space having to continually write that for my own safety, based on the experiences of this morning though. When OttoInGrotto told me the yolk was heavy, I don't think he had any idea it'd be like this. ;)

Did you mean a PG? Either way, I agree. I just can't believe anyone translated him into a PF. Maybe they partook of some of what they accused me of having to make my original, non-PO'ed posts more creative? Maybe the people who quoted Jerami Grant's height are back in town? As to the PG, the .6 assists per game is what I was referencing. No matter what position we label him at though, the dude seems to have the heart, head, and skills of a winner. He seems to have a bit of those "coach on the court" qualities from what little Ive seen so far.

Rumor has it that Andrew White's parents were fans of the show, and it might benefit Boeheim if he was, hence my post is on topic and shouldnt offend anyone. I do waste a lot of space having to continually write that for my own safety, based on the experiences of this morning though. When OttoInGrotto told me the yolk was heavy, I don't think he had any idea it'd be like this. ;)

Did you mean a PG? Either way, I agree. I just can't believe anyone translated him into a PF. Maybe they partook of some of what they accused me of having to make my original, non-PO'ed posts more creative? Maybe the people who quoted Jerami Grant's height are back in town? As to the PG, the .6 assists per game is what I was referencing. No matter what position we label him at though, the dude seems to have the heart, head, and skills of a winner. He seems to have a bit of those "coach on the court" qualities from what little Ive seen so far.

I don't think White is a PG. He seems too big and slow. But maybe I'm just not seeing it. Did you look at the 2 videos Nunes had in his article. AW3 seems to me to be a little bit of head case. If he does choose us, I just hope he takes playing 2-3 zone seriously and really commits to the Orange regardless of PT. JB is pretty consistent in playing the guys who he thinks give him the best chance to win. If he wants PT he has to prove he deserves it.

As a 5th year senior he has good experience which we need. I very much hope he chooses SU. But I also hope if he does he fits in well.

Definitely. And that's where SU wants him. The article refers to him 6'7" sg, but also says he wants to be Mal's replacement. Sounds like a great fit.

I hope we get him.

One side benefit I hope we could get out of this would be more subbing and more pressing. Of course, I generally hope this happens.

But, if AW comes, that's a lot of good players. And with the 7'2"PC as a back stop, along with 15 potential fouls to give (PC, DC2 and Lydon) at center. It just may tempt JB to put in the reserves and press. I love the chaos and how it speeds up the game.

Definitely. And that's where SU wants him. The article refers to him 6'7" sg, but also says he wants to be Mal's replacement. Sounds like a great fit.

I hope we get him.

One side benefit I hope we could get out of this would be more subbing and more pressing. Of course, I generally hope this happens.

But, if AW comes, that's a lot of good players. And with the 7'2"PC as a back stop, along with 15 potential fouls to give (PC, DC2 and Lydon) at center. It just may tempt JB to put in the reserves and press. I love the chaos and how it speeds up the game.

We need to get him first. There seems to be a little bit commentary that we have a very good chance.

I don't think White is a PG. He seems too big and slow. But maybe I'm just not seeing it. Did you look at the 2 videos Nunes had in his article. AW3 seems to me to be a little bit of head case. If he does choose us, I just hope he takes playing 2-3 zone seriously and really commits to the Orange regardless of PT. JB is pretty consistent in playing the guys who he thinks give him the best chance to win. If he wants PT he has to prove he deserves it.

As a 5th year senior he has good experience which we need. I very much hope he chooses SU. But I also hope if he does he fits in well.

I agree with everything you said, although I dont know about the head case part, other than seeing it in another post on here. If I'm thinking of the same 2 videos you are mentioning, I recall his coach making him sound like a teacher's pet and a favorite to coach. I did read something about a sour grapes article or something somewhere, which I did not read, so I'm not sure about this extracurricular stuff, and just have his coach's high praise to go by.

I replied to a Gillon quote about starting and getting minutes, earlier today, so it seems like a lot of players are going to have proving to do as you say. I think the competition should make them all better, provided that have at least average attitudes, right?

As Sgt Cuse said, I'd love to see the pressing that many of us miss. I wonder though if having 2 guards very capable of burying 3's would make it less of a necessity than it seemed like a couple of months ago?

I agree with everything you said, although I dont know about the head case part, other than seeing it in another post on here. If I'm thinking of the same 2 videos you are mentioning, I recall his coach making him sound like a teacher's pet and a favorite to coach. I did read something about a sour grapes article or something somewhere, which I did not read, so I'm not sure about this extracurricular stuff, and just have his coach's high praise to go by.

I replied to a Gillon quote about starting and getting minutes, earlier today, so it seems like a lot of players are going to have proving to do as you say. I think the competition should make them all better, provided that have at least average attitudes, right?

As Sgt Cuse said, I'd love to see the pressing that many of us miss. I wonder though if having 2 guards very capable of burying 3's would make it less of a necessity than it seemed like a couple of months ago?

These are the videos. He's just a really thoughtful kid.

Meet newly eligible transfer Andrew White

I think the "Surity to play comment" worries me.

I hope we get him.

On a team with DC, PC, and now TT - Lydon is going to play zero point zero minutes at C.

Yes - he did a creditable job there last year, and is a tremendous shot blocker, and was a major mismatch on O, but he got big boyed on D, a lot.

On a team with DC, PC, and now TT - Lydon is going to play zero point zero minutes at C.

Yes - he did a creditable job there last year, and is a tremendous shot blocker, and was a major mismatch on O, but he got big boyed on D, a lot.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing there if we are in comeback mode. Having PC/DC on the court does not help the offense. If we're trying to overcome a deficit, I can easily see TL, TR, TB, JG and hopefully AWIII. That'd be our best scoring lineup.

It's unlikely that Lydon will play C minutes in the first half of games, but it's certainly very possible we see him play C whenever we need points...

I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing there if we are in comeback mode. Having PC/DC on the court does not help the offense. If we're trying to overcome a deficit, I can easily see TL, TR, TB, JG and hopefully AWIII. That'd be our best scoring lineup.

It's unlikely that Lydon will play C minutes in the first half of games, but it's certainly very possible we see him play C whenever we need points...
Our lineup w TL at C did more than ok on the FF run....well until we ran into UNC...that lineup also did pretty well down in Bahamas...for much of ACC...not so much

I kind tend to agree with your way of thinking. Lydon played pretty good at center. And this year he will be much stronger. JB will do whatever it takes to win.

Last edited:
Remind me, was he playing C when he blocked the shot and saved the game against the zags?

You mean Gonezaga. I'm not sure. I just remember he played pretty well.

These are the videos. He's just a really thoughtful kid.

Meet newly eligible transfer Andrew White

I think the "Surity to play comment" worries me.

Yeah, that and the comment about him wanting to be the man. That will be tough for him to find anywhere, except for programs like Nebraska.

Edit: to be fair though, that comment was made about his decision to transfer to Nebraska. He probably is focusing more on being on a winning team, having a defined role, and the opportunity to showcase his talents so that his draft status will improve. All of these things we can offer him at Syracuse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors