Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah hard to imagine his dad being much of an issue since it's only 1 year. I presume JB was very honest to White and his father about his plan for him and his playing time.

As far him going into "get his" mode - we know how JB operates, if you don't listen to him, you're on the bench, he doesn't care who you are.

White doesn't have to score 20ppg here to get on NBA radars - he's proven he can score at the high D1 level - I assume NBA teams want to see his passing skills improve. We've had plenty of players go in 1st round without averaging more than 15ppg

We just had one drafted averaging 13.

Wow. Pretty rough article on White posted on the Providence board. Most about his "helicopter dad". I want the kid but this story scares me.
I read the article, but the "all about me" attitude is nothing new in top level D-1 hoops, for transfers or HS recruits. Kids are looking to showcase their talents, and the best exposure is the NCAA post-season. That's the tricky part ... if you play for a powerhouse program that annually makes the tournament, you might get upstaged by a superstar (McLemore/Wiggins). Play for a lesser team and you get more PT, but your team might not make the tournament (or squeak in and flame out). The nice thing is .. SU's in a perfect position here to offer both PT and a chance at a deep tourney run. Our front line is loaded, and with a little more shooting and depth at the 2/3, this could be the opportunity that AW's been looking for since 2012. I doubt he passes it up.

Last edited:
I agree, but I think White or Battle would slide down to the SF depending on the comp opening up a few more minutes for Frank. With White and Thompson, this really becomes a strong, versatile and well balanced lineup.

They could, but with Lydon and Matt Moyer at that position already, well ... I guess it depends on how well Matt Moyer plays. I like the kid a lot. I see a lot of Ryan Blackwell mixed with Terrence Roberts.

You have to remember, all of the kids are going to play the first 13 games or so before we hit the conference schedule. They will all get a chance to impress. We still are not so deep that any of these guys is going to get buried, in my opinion.

If we can close on White, I am suddenly super excited about the upcoming season. It's almost like a trade for Mali, a like for like replacement. We are so much better with Thompson and hopefully White. What a weekend so far!

I read the article, but the "all about me" attitude is nothing new in top level D-1 hoops, for transfers or HS recruits. Kids are looking to showcase their talents, and the best exposure is the NCAA post-season. That's the tricky part ... if you play for a powerhouse that annually makes the tournament, you might get upstaged by a super talent (McLemore/Wiggins). Play for a lesser team and you get more PT, but your team might not make the tournament (or squeak in and flame out). The nice thing is .. SU's in a perfect position here to offer both PT and a chance at a deep tourney run. Our front line is loaded, and with a little more shooting and depth at the 2/3, this could be the opportunity that AW's been looking for since 2012. I doubt he passes it up.
SU made FF (with huge help from Mali lighting it up against Brogden) and then Mali goes first round. Think White2 is thinking about that?

Andrew White!!! step on down!~ and plant your feet firmly on Jim Boeheim court in the Carrier Dome where the excitement is so palpable during the big games that the whole Dome shakes ( Dion Waiters) Hop on board ( pun intended) a team that is undergoing an amazing synthesis of new talent under the direction of Hall of Fame coach Jim Boeheim and be a part of a sensational season in which Syracuse rises from among the virtually unranked to the top of the polls and becomes the big story of the 16-17 season. You will hear your name roll off the lips of the likes of Jay Bilas, Dick Vitale, Bill Raftery, Dan Dakich, and even Doug Gottlieb and Jim Calhoun. You want exposure... this is the place baby. This Orange train is headed toward cutting down the nets in Phoenix on April 3rd 2017. Rising up from the ashes... to win the National Championship.. how fitting. Be there or be square!~

Not sure why he is even considering L'Ville, They could be facing a tourney ban. At the same time, he seems to be a perfect fit for Cuse.. He's the "missing link" needed for a deep tourney run.

Have no inside info but the more I think about it, the more it seems likely he will wear Orange next year. Just a hunch.

I agree. You would think that if he decides on Syracuse, he would make the decision this weekend and be on campus to start school July 5th. That would be a really quick turnaround, but that had to be the coaches thinking for getting him on campus so quickly.
Great closing point...July 5th. I think if that doesn't ring a bell with him, we lose him. A July 5th start would make a whole lot of sense to many a serious recruit. Get that jump ahead.

This replaces the TT thread now, right? This thing will get a lot of posts in it until he decides on a school.

If we get him, this is arguably our most talented team since the 2013 final 4 run - who thought we'd be saying that ??
Yes. At least I hope so. I can't remember laughing so much during the summer doldrums. We have some pretty funny, yet knowledgeable board members out there. Keep it coming.

yeah expect good news here
64685556.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online