Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect a decision in the next 24-48 hours. The start of summer classes likely has no affect.

All the feedback seems to be positive, but you never know until it's done.

If we get him, this team's 1-10 is up there with the teams of the late 80s.
wow, that must mean no other visits then I would think - unless he's on one right now in complete stealth mode

I know rick he is a good guy but total tool. His players are for the most part dumb as a mud fence post.
I had some intimate second hand knowledge of Rick. He ain't no financial genius.

orangefog said:
Agree, I think JB would lengthen the bench, for sure. We would see more pressing, not only because we have the bodies, but because he saw the impact that the press had on really good teams.

Our zone already takes a lot of time to figure out and penetrate. If you press on top of that, it takes a few more seconds off the clock and should be good for several more shot clock violations or last second chucks a game. If you have a great zone and can press its a pretty devastating combination.

I would expect a decision in the next 24-48 hours. The start of summer classes likely has no affect.

All the feedback seems to be positive, but you never know until it's done.

If we get him, this team's 1-10 is up there with the teams of the late 80s.

image.gif

Our zone already takes a lot of time to figure out and penetrate. If you press on top of that, it takes a few more seconds off the clock and should be good for several more shot clock violations or last second chucks a game. If you have a great zone and can press its a pretty devastating combination.

That's the plan.

(this isnt aimed at you dasher, youre alright in my book. I'm kinf of playing Devil's advocate, but utterly sincere as well).
I want all these posts to be right, but until this thread all Ive seen is how any school other than Syracuse gets off easy. Louiville already did a self ban, the same as SU did. When it comes to academics, I'd argue that cheating on a paper has much more to do with schooling than having casual s e x, which happens every day on every campus in America, other than possibly some religious institutions. The currency often used is the cash to by the other person some beverages. In the Louisville case, the chicks just took the money instead and didnt have to get obliterated and remained conscious of their actions/choices. Maybe the moral authorities here can explain how that is worse than fornicating with a chick who cant remember her name or how she got wherever she ended up.
The prospects were given sex as an inducement to go to the school. That isn't help with a paper. It is much worse.

The prospects were given s e x as an inducement to go to the school, and allegedly some of the fathers of these prospects were given these "benefits" too. That isn't help with a paper. It is much worse.

Fixed.

Let's not forget this fun tidbit.

The prospects were given s e x as an inducement to go to the school. That isn't help with a paper. It is much worse.

I think that's a matter of opinion, unless the NCAA has a specific heirarchy of violations. Plenty of kids go to school after hearing tales of sex and non stop partying. I think there may even be some here who fit that bill. Logically, youre measured in school by grades, not by sex. If you get sex, it doesnt directly help you pass. It may even contribute to you doing worse on your grades. In my opinion, having someone else do a student's paper is far worse. Who they heck cares what people do in their bedroom? Are you the puritanical police? Again, if you tell me there is a specific rule where the NCAA foolishly says peoples' use of their gentials is worse than cheating on their grades, I'll stick to my guns and say youre dead wrong.

I havent followed the Louisville thing much, as I dont really get into schadenfreude like many of you do. So has all of this been proven? What are the findings?

What we know is he'd start at the Ville, and at the Cuse would be sharing minutes with 3 guys, all of which Boeheim has praised. Ville is also closer to his home. Sure he may go to Cuse, but if it was such an easy decision as some of you make it out to be, he would have already made it. Nothing would shock me either way on this.

Consider that Pitino recruited White hard when he was in high school, and he nearly chose Louisville over Kansas. So there's a long relationship there. Louisville also contacted White one day after he announced his decision to transfer. So I would not be shocked in the least if he goes to Louisville. I'm trying to be objective, and not end up like those on here who were so sure about Thomas Bryant and shaking their fist at him, telling him he did the wrong thing, and that he should have done the opposite of Thompson and actually listened to his mom. lol. Some of you folks are incredibly amusing. I really hope we get the guy, but I dont buy lap up your logic because you aren't the ones deciding, and you don't know what goes on in other peoples's heads like TT, TB, NN, etc. I'm not pulling stuff out of my butt based on how I think it should be like some of you, but trying to look at many angles as possible. What about all these sites with experts who people looked to for clues about TT, or any news agencies writing about the kid at all?

There were no tales concerning Louisville. Recruits were treated to strippers and under age hookers. How bad is that? Well, the Cards took a one year ban from the tournament (along with a loss of scholarships) in a year when they were good enough to win the whole thing. That was done to blunt the potential punishment that they expect to come. The bottom line is that Pitino can't guarantee that his team will be cleared to play in the tournament next year. As for the rest of your argument, I don't follow it one bit. I don't know where the kid is going. And I never said one word about where TB or NN were going to go. I will tell you this however, when I do say things , I am not pulling things out of my butt. And it's remarks like that, that has me only sharing with a select few here tidbits I do know.

CaptainJ said:
I think that's a matter of opinion, unless the NCAA has a specific heirarchy of violations. Plenty of kids go to school after hearing tales of s e x and non stop partying. I think there may even be some here who fit that bill. Logically, youre measured in school by grades, not by s e x. If you get s e x, it doesnt directly help you pass. It may even contribute to you doing worse on your grades. In my opinion, having someone else do a student's paper is far worse. Who they heck cares what people do in their bedroom? Are you the puritanical police? Again, if you tell me there is a specific rule where the NCAA foolishly says peoples' use of their gentials is worse than cheating on their grades, I'll stick to my guns and say youre dead wrong. I havent followed the Louisville thing much, as I dont really get into schadenfreude like many of you do. So has all of this been proven? What are the findings? What we know is he'd start at the Ville, and at the Cuse would be sharing minutes with 3 guys, all of which Boeheim has praised. Ville is also closer to his home. Sure he may go to Cuse, but if it was such an easy decision as some of you make it out to be, he would have already made it. Nothing would shock me either way on this. Consider that Pitino recruited White hard when he was in high school, and he nearly chose Louisville over Kansas. So there's a long relationship there. Louisville also contacted White one day after he announced his decision to transfer. So I would not be shocked in the least if he goes to Louisville. I'm trying to be objective, and not end up like those on here who were so sure about Thomas Bryant and shaking their fist at him, telling him he did the wrong thing, and that he should have done the opposite of Thompson and actually listened to his mom. lol. Some of you folks are incredibly amusing. I really hope we get the guy, but I dont buy lap up your logic because you aren't the ones deciding, and you don't know what goes on in other peoples's heads like TT, TB, NN, etc. I'm not pulling stuff out of my butt based on how I think it should be like some of you, but trying to look at many angles as possible. What about all these sites with experts who people looked to for clues about TT, or any news agencies writing about the kid at all?

As a Dad I can tell you that getting help with a citation <<<<< having access to underage hookers

Well since we have yet to hear that White has been on other visits or has them planned I think we are in great shape. Its been a few days though so if he does schedule a visit elsewhere later this week I would wonder if he decided SU wasn't the place for him. We shall see. I really hope he commits because he seems to answer all of our left over question marks.

I assume that it is just a matter of getting his transcripts and application paperwork in order to make sure he is accepted/qualified academically for a grad program. Once the i's are dotted and t's crossed, there'll be an announcement.

After Malachi declared and SU wasn't mentioned as a landing spot for a lot of the grad and traditional transfers and with the possibility of an 8-man roster, I was like:

200.gif

But now I'm like:
200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online