Shirt World On Marshall St... | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Shirt World On Marshall St...

I am not familiar but you have my attention lol

This was from when I was in school! Damn if I only knew...

Jesus H. If I’m Manny’s I can’t even sleep tonight.

I refuse to walk into Shirt World since that guy ripped me off of a few bucks years ago. Not about the money it was a small amount, just being lied to my face and thinking I don't know your lying to me was insulting.

Drop the "R" in Shirt world and that's what I think about that place.

Im a Pavones guy but Mario and Salvo's is right there with them. Both have elite pizza
Pavone's downtown is not the same after Paulie left (the guy with all the great horror movie tattoos). His cousin bought the business, and is kind of a jerk. He hired a guy to replace his cousin who has no short term memory and can't get a pizza order right if it has more than 2 ingredients. Literally, not an exaggeration.

I heard that Paulie is working at Butternut, but that's a bit out of the way for me. Anybody who is a Pavone's fan know the guy I'm talking about, and where he might be working now?

The thing with Ziggy's happened while I was at school and it somehow was both the most and least surprising thing when it happened. I promise this makes sense if you were there.

and no fentanyl.

And, no willing to use "deadly force" requirement for new IRS agents. What a world! :rolleyes:

A “key requirement” for applicants is that they have to be “legally allowed to carry a firearm,” and “major duties” include “Carry a firearm and be willing to use deadly force...

I understand what many of you are saying. I get it. I personally have never had anything by good experiences shopping there for years. I will continue to do so unless and until I experience something negative.

He hired a guy to replace his cousin who has no short term memory and can't get a pizza order right if it has more than 2 ingredients. Literally, not an exaggeration.
Memento-Movie-Explained-Teddy.jpg

Looking at that article, I wonder if David Mulherin is related to golf pro Linda? And what also stands out is Ginny Allen. She won 24 club championships at Bellevue!
Dave Mulherin died in 2012. I believe he was married to Linda at one time.

You are correct. Rock was the original 22 in lax!
I went to HS with him. He was also a starting MLB for two years on the football team. Probably 5'9" tops and maybe 180ish. Tough as nails.

...Is a joke. The guy that owns the store, Dave Jacobs, former SU kicker, is such a crook. Their shady business practices were in full swing with me recently.

I've been trying to get my paws on one of those sweet throwback jerseys and knew Shirt World had them in stock. I called them early last week and found out that they were out of XXLs. Dave tried to sell me an XL over the phone, (no Dave, I'm 6'4 and 260, an XL won't fit me) but I said no dice. He then called me back at 9:45pm two days later to say he could get a XXL for me from a vendor friend of his and it would get to the store, whereupon he would ship it to me. He told me he should have it by last Friday (2/14) or Saturday at the latest.

Fast forward to this morning, where I get a phone call from Mr. Shirt World himself. The jersey is in, cost to me? $145. I said, say what now? The jersey sticker price is $120. Dave said "well sales tax over $100 in NY state is 8% (actually it's 4%) and the rest would cover shipping to me. Shipping costs $15? No way.

Basically he wanted to recoup the cost of having his vendor friend ship it out to him. He passed the shipping charge for that on to me. So basically I would have been paying TWICE for shipping.

I called him back and said hell no. And honestly, despite the fact that they have the BEST selection of NIKE Elite SU Basketball apparel, which I like the best, I won't be shopping there anymore. Their bait and switch and shenanigans with the cash register and prices are too much. Manny's all the way!!

Anyone else with any Shirt World horror stories?
I took my sons in last summer to look for gear, ended up with a cool S backpack that my 10th grader still uses. But he asked my oldest where he was going to school. He told him UNC, and Dave proceeds to ridicule him like "Aww man, that school sucks. why'd you go there, and not SU? no loyalty man!" To a 20 year old college student who was visiting SU and his overstuffed yard sale of a store. He can't have any kids, and if he does, i feel sorry for them, nor any awareness of the world outside of his flea market in a shoe box. eF that guy, wish I would have put the backpack down too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom