Slow death of the ACC takes another major step | Syracusefan.com

Slow death of the ACC takes another major step

I get that football generates / needs the money, but it would be nice if the fans'
views mattered. I imagine most SU fans just don't care about playing most ACC
schools, aside from other Big East refugees like Pitt and BC ...

Football: Clemson, FSU, Miami.
Basketball: Wake, UNC, Duke, NCSU, Virginia. (Maryland come back)
Lax: ok, must play all
and the rest of the sports, I don't know.

And I'll bet most of ACC doesn't really care about playing SU, especially when they
mediocre in most, if not all, things. It sucks that the NCAA can't just enforce leagues
for teams, and I think they could by saying, "do this or lose accreditation". Separate
the football stuff, and send the rest of the schools back into the correct leagues for
all other sports.

But that would be too easy. When I'm granted the title of "Commissioner of All Sports"
I'll fix it.

Kev

WOW ! did not see that coming...

5e555c644fbdc.image.jpg

Those longing for the days of the Big East maybe getting that wish in the near future.

Unfortunately the Big East is not an option. If the ACC dies, I’d imagine the Big Ten (Big 20?) will pick us up… but geography doesn’t matter, so who knows.

Syracuse is not getting a Big 10 invite. There is only 1 private school in the past 90 years that has received a P2 invite and that is USC.

All of the conferences will be expanding if the ACC implodes. You’re going to see a lot of stuff you haven’t seen before.

I get that football generates / needs the money, but it would be nice if the fans'
views mattered. I imagine most SU fans just don't care about playing most ACC
schools, aside from other Big East refugees like Pitt and BC ...

Football: Clemson, FSU, Miami.
Basketball: Wake, UNC, Duke, NCSU, Virginia. (Maryland come back)
Lax: ok, must play all
and the rest of the sports, I don't know.

And I'll bet most of ACC doesn't really care about playing SU, especially when they
mediocre in most, if not all, things. It sucks that the NCAA can't just enforce leagues
for teams, and I think they could by saying, "do this or lose accreditation". Separate
the football stuff, and send the rest of the schools back into the correct leagues for
all other sports.

But that would be too easy. When I'm granted the title of "Commissioner of All Sports"
I'll fix it.

Kev
I would care even less about them playing temple, uconn and south florida.

I think any b10 hope was gone when Nancy step foot on campus and destroyed the academics.

Yeah, maybe. But if we’re talking superconferences, they’re going to have to lower their academic standards a bit to add schools.

fwiw, Syracuse is ranked ahead of a few existing Big Ten schools and next to a handful, academically*, so we’re not starting at the bottom and staring up at Mt. Everest.

*academic rankings are subjective and academic research resources (money, facilities, staff, etc) play a big role in the academic side of these conference decisions, and I don’t know how we compare there.

Last edited:
No surprise here. Clemson has always been the snake in the grass relatively speaking. Undoubtedly, there are others as well...

When schools are potentially missing out on hundreds of millions of dollars you can’t blame them, they have do whatever they can to compete. This is about money more so now than ever, they NEED that money to compete for players more than ever. Every aspect of this is more competitive and money driven than ever before, if there’s money left on the table, they’re missing out.

People here who don't care about football might be happy if we end up in the Big East and shut football down or play a horrible independent schedule like UConn. Though the Big East would be preferable to an ACC that's just a glorified AAC.

Wait a minute - FSU folks were insane and had no chance. I read it here. Why would Clemson do the same?

Please explain the merits of the Clemson suit? Everything I'm reading it's just as bad as the FSU suit. At least FSU argued actual law, Clemson's main argument is that the GOR is unconscionable. That's a ridiculous argument that rarely holds up in court.

Please explain the merits of the Clemson suit? Everything I'm reading it's just as bad as the FSU suit. At least FSU argued actual law, Clemson's main argument is that the GOR is unconscionable. That's a ridiculous argument that rarely holds up in court.

Against "public policy." ?

I'm not a lawyer and don't play one on a fan forum. My point is that FSU isn't on their own and Clemson won't be the last to join, weak case or not. the more schools that join the more the ACC is squeezed.

I'm not a lawyer and don't play one on a fan forum. My point is that FSU isn't on their own and Clemson won't be the last to join, weak case or not. the more schools that join the more the ACC is squeezed.

Yeah, the blood-in-the-water mentality...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom