So I Finished The Wire This Week | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So I Finished The Wire This Week

So who shot Snot?
Finally got around to it after tons of people bringing it up when I would talk Sopranos.

I thought it was a good show but I don't think it is on the same tier as Sopranos. If I'm being honest, I watched Better Call Saul right before this and I thought that was better. I'm sure older people (I'm 25) will disagree hard with that take.

I'm not really into the police stuff so it all got a little redundant after a while. I thought that the Sobotka season and season 4 with the kids were the high points of the show.

I didn't think how they moved from Avon/Stringer to Marlo as the main "villains" made much sense. Omar was the best. The ending with Michael sticking up the dealer at the end was maybe my favorite part of the show.

All-in-all, a little overrated, in my opinion. I'm sure I would have felt differently watching it live. Still one of the better shows I've watched but there is at least two or three I would comfortably put ahead of The Wire.
So, who shot Snot?

Last edited:
Rewatching The Wire right now. The first scene is so damn good. Can't think of a better one off the top of my head.
Wife is going through it again right now for the 3rd time and I catch bits and pieces as she primarily watches on her commute each day. Recommend the book All The Pieces Matter for anyone that loves it.

Lol. I was there for it last night and my wife bought this...

2208203_shirt.jpg

Stringer is just the worst. He reminds of Kyrie Irving. Always the smartest guy in the room. And he's just a bad person who creates conflict instead of diffusing before it boils over.

Rewatching The Wire right now. The first scene is so damn good. Can't think of a better one off the top of my head.
So “Who shot Snot?”

Comments section came through for once:

Avon - Go get him 15,000 cash.

Stringer- I’ll give you 10,000 but I want receipts on everything. That ’s tax deductible.

Prop Joe - I’ll give you $15,000 now but I want 15% of every boxer’s future earnings.

Marlo - Chris will holla at you.

Last edited:
absolutely loved the start. lost interest when it got political.

The actor who plays Prez (Jim True-Frost) lives in Syracuse with his family. I see him around town now and then. A real nice guy. Very personable. Say hi if you see him. Ps. He also played Buzz the elevator operator in Hudsucker Proxy.
His wife teaches at SUCOL. A girl I used to work with went to a mixer or something at his house one time. Said he was nice.

The Omar prison stabbing scene is so wild haha

It reminded me of Oz. I liked it but I was tense probably 75% of the time I was watching it. Some intense and messed up stuff on that show. It's a little too real, too, so it can really get to you if you're an anxious person. Hard to recommend it to people.

His wife teaches at SUCOL. A girl I used to work with went to a mixer or something at his house one time. Said he was nice.

Yeah, he and Cora used to raise a decent chunk of change each year at the SPIN auction (is that still a thing?) by auctioning off dinner with the two of them.

The last episode of season 4 is the best episode in the entire show and I'm not sure if there is a close second.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom