St. John's | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

St. John's

I know the drum has been beat enough times about how horrible of a loss that was for us, but good god, I had no idea they HAVEN'T WON A SINGLE GAME since they beat us! 12 straight losses! And it could very well get up to 22 straight losses by the end of the season. St. John's vs. DePaul on February 25th may end up being the greatest battle of ineptitude that college basketball has ever seen.

Speaking of DePaul, how can they be so bad for so long?

Last edited:
It's difficult to overstate how bad the St. John's loss is.
They probably don't have a single player who could make our scholarship roster.
Not one single player who could even make our team.

The game should have been a forfeit because only one team showed up to play.

This has been said by the Selection committee themselves the loss will not count.

BTW, Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile in regards to ST. Johns beating us that day.

CuseHulk said:
This has been said by the Selection committee themselves the loss will not count.

They didn't say that. They said they would take into consideration that JB didn't coach those 9 games.

Not to take away from your point that St. John's is really, really bad -- and they are seemingly getting worse. But I think this year's Rutgers team is worse(255 vs 276 in KP)

So hard to judge and rank "really bad" this is where something like KP at least gives us some objective measure anyway -- although not definitive.

I was hoping Rutgers may be the worse in a long time. There was a few others between 255 and 276, but only one team topped Rutgers#276

2012 Utah - #297 (6-25)
Yes, you're right. I forget about Rutgers being a power conference team because they suck at everything. They are likely worse, or at the very least, just as bad. Either way, we're talking two of the worse teams at this level in possibly a long time.

Link?
They never said that...Hulk is blowing a comment about how the committee SAID they will consider the games JB missed in their evaluation. It doesn't mean it will even help us considering it was one guy talking 2-3 months before the selection process.

BTW, Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile in regards to ST. Johns beating us that day.

:bat:

They never said that...Hulk is blowing a comment about how the committee SAID they will consider the games JB missed in their evaluation. It doesn't mean it will even help us considering it was one guy talking 2-3 months before the selection process.

Exactly. The reality to Hulkspeak translator has gone haywire again.

When St. Johns beat SU they played their best game and gave an unbelievable effort , it really wasn't a fluke. But they created a problem for themselves because now every coach tells his team , " they are dangerous , they will beat you , they beat Syracuse " So now they have a mark on them and they can't repeat they effort because they are still a young team under a first year coach.

When somebody says consider something. In my experience usually means Yes.

That's different than stating it as if it's a fact that the games won't count

The reality, Hulkster, is JB's absence might matter if we're fighting for the last at-large. The notion that the NCAA is going to remove 5 losses from the resume only exists in your world. Maybe it's all those fumes on the tarmac..

HR sent me about a dozen resumes yesterday to consider for an open position. I will consider them all. Does this mean I am saying yes to all the applicants.

Said it before and I'll say it again. That loss was probably just as bad as LeMoyne. Except it was in the regular season. And it counted.

Worst performance I have ever seen from a Syracuse basketball team. Under Boeheim, Malachi does not shoot 4-for-20 or go 0-for-11 from three. Because he doesn't shoot that many crapola shots.

Hopkins continued to let the snowball get bigger and bigger, with no timeout to stop the madness.

That single game was a dark look inside the future of Syracuse basketball. I hope he learns from it and is much better than that, but man - that was bad.

HR sent me about a dozen resumes yesterday to consider for an open position. I will consider them all. Does this mean I am saying yes to all the applicants.

It's funny you say that, I just went through a stack of resumes, I was considering hiring half of them as I'm very short staffed. Unfortunately for the other half of them the "consideration" isn't Hulk's definition.

It's funny you say that, I just went through a stack of resumes, I was considering hiring half of them as I'm very short staffed. Unfortunately for the other half of them the "consideration" isn't Hulk's definition.
Recently left management, and I hate both sides of the interview process. It is very hard to be the guy that has to say that someone else was chosen when dealing with eager, capable applicants. Sometimes it just comes down to a feeling or a well pressed shirt.

Recently left management, and I hate both sides of the interview process. It is very hard to be the guy that has to say that someone else was chosen when dealing with eager, capable applicants. Sometimes it just comes down to a feeling or a well pressed shirt.

It really is difficult. Especially when every applicant looks exactly the same, same qualifications, same experience, same education... and so on. A majority of my employees interact with the public as well as high end clients, it's usually going with who I see face to face that I know wont sour my company name and is the most presentable.

I would like to see a one hour fake mock discussion amongst 10 big homer fans -- one representing each bubble team. And asking the group to select 4 of the 10 teams for the tournament.

Every team on the bubble will have bad losses (RPI > 100). My personal view is that "quantity" trumps "quality" for the committee (just not 100% sure). We got a real doozy in the bad loss vs St. John's, but if that is our only sub 100 RPI loss, one bad loss is pretty good for a bubble team in terms of quantity.

Obviously a W instead of an L in that game, or any of our other losses, would probably knock us off the bubble in such a situation, so it hurts in that regard.

I would like to see a one hour fake mock discussion amongst 10 big homer fans -- one representing each bubble team. And asking the group to select 4 of the 10 teams for the tournament.
You got yourself a show.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom