St. John's | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

St. John's

Said it before and I'll say it again. That loss was probably just as bad as LeMoyne. Except it was in the regular season. And it counted.

Worst performance I have ever seen from a Syracuse basketball team. Under Boeheim, Malachi does not shoot 4-for-20 or go 0-for-11 from three. Because he doesn't shoot that many crapola shots.

Hopkins continued to let the snowball get bigger and bigger, with no timeout to stop the madness.

That single game was a dark look inside the future of Syracuse basketball. I hope he learns from it and is much better than that, but man - that was bad.

Perfectly said. This was the worst game, especially defensively, I've seen an SU team play. Hopkins was clueless. The 2 Italian players were allowed to stand outside and shoot 3-pointers all day, making 8 of 12. Yes, they shot from looooong-range but once you see a player make 1 or 2 of them, you tighten up on them defensively. SU did not do that.

MR shot 0-11 from 3-point line but Cooney was a dismal 1-8. Richardson and Gbinije were only SU players that showed up. On the bright side, the SU team playing today is not the same team that got hammered by SJU. Defense has been solid and we are somewhat holding our own on the boards. This is not a super team since the middle is like a doughnut, but it should make the big tournament which few of us, myself included, thought would happen as recently as a few weeks ago.

Perfectly said. This was the worst game, especially defensively, I've seen an SU team play. Hopkins was clueless. The 2 Italian players were allowed to stand outside and shoot 3-pointers all day, making 8 of 12. Yes, they shot from looooong-range but once you see a player make 1 or 2 of them, you tighten up on them defensively. SU did not do that.

MR shot 0-11 from 3-point line but Cooney was a dismal 1-8. Richardson and Gbinije were only SU players that showed up. On the bright side, the SU team playing today is not the same team that got hammered by SJU. Defense has been solid and we are somewhat holding our own on the boards. This is not a super team since the middle is like a doughnut, but it should make the big tournament which few of us, myself included, thought would happen as recently as a few weeks ago.
What were the words JB spoke of shortly after he came back? It was something like " the players will listen to me ". I took that as a back handed compliment to Hopkins. I wonder if Coyle heard those words too.

But life is like a doughnut. Either your in the hole or your in the dough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom