Step away from the ledge | Syracusefan.com

Step away from the ledge

You’re right. It will be fine, but it needn’t be this underachieving at this juncture. Especially noting the pathway that got us here. Other programs have trouble too but our difficulties are more self-inflicted.

I do have every confidence that the ship will be righted before long.

Bob Odenkirk Whatever GIF by SAG Awards

We followed a great tournament run last year with a stinker this year. Everyone needs to chill out and stop being so dramatic. This team/program will be fine
Honestly people aren’t on the ledge, most just don’t care anymore and our program is a joke. I do think the program will be fine, when we have some fresh ideas and a new coach. Until that happens we will be irrelevant and most here are already resigned to that fact.

We’re spoiled as Su basketball fans. A bad year was bound to happen. I have zero doubt this program rebounds. If Dino can do what he’s doing on the football side with a proverbial gun to his head there is no question JB will turn things around here

We’re spoiled as Su basketball fans. A bad year was bound to happen. I have zero doubt this program rebounds. If Dino can do what he’s doing on the football side with a proverbial gun to his head there is no question JB will turn things around here
Problem is JB’s got the proverbial gun to the program’s head.

The difference between DB and JB is that DB is willing to make changes either players or coaches JB is not.

We followed a great tournament run last year with a stinker this year. Everyone needs to chill out and stop being so dramatic. This team/program will be fine

We’ve spent the last seven seasons on the brink of tournament acceptance. A couple times we’d beat a few teams who weren’t prepared for us. But for the most part it’s been seven seasons of mediocre basketball.

This is just the natural progression. We’ve gone from mediocre to outright bad. And the thing it’s a distinct possibility this shtshow could continue next year with JB still at the helm, his sons coming back to play 58 minutes a game, and not a single player coming in of impact.

We’ve spent the last seven seasons on the brink of tournament acceptance. A couple times we’d beat a few teams who weren’t prepared for us. But for the most part it’s been seven seasons of mediocre basketball.

This is just the natural progression. We’ve gone from mediocre to outright bad. And the thing it’s a distinct possibility this shtshow could continue next year with JB still at the helm, his sons coming back to play 58 minutes a game, and not a single player coming in of impact.
Buddy did say yesterday he wasn’t coming back.

It’s super sad to say, but he has to leave. I hate that I’m saying that. But if he and Jimmy leave, I bet JB coaches better.

We’re not even in February yet and we are talking about wanting our 2 leading scorers to leave. I don’t even care if the cupboard is bare. We need a reset

It’s super sad to say, but he has to leave. I hate that I’m saying that. But if he and Jimmy leave, I bet JB coaches better.

We’re not even in February yet and we are talking about wanting our 2 leading scorers to leave. I don’t even care if the cupboard is bare. We need a reset

It’s crazy.

But - it’s not completely unlike when Jonny, Devo, & Harris all left, and everybody thought we’d be screwed that next season.

The main differences are:
That Jonny team was still very good and won games.
We had a future AA transfer waiting in the wings, learning the system.

Wes ain’t walking thru that door.

Next season has the potential to be pretty ugly, no matter who the HC is.

May as well rip the bandaid off now, so at least the rebuild can begin, and we can move on into the future.

There’s zero difference making talent coming in and instead of Buddy going 40 it will be Joe for 40 just like it was for Battle and Howard.

Keep letting the occasional 2 game win streak in March keep masking you from where this program truly has fallen. We haven't seen rock-bottom yet, but it is coming.

Keep letting the occasional 2 game win streak in March keep masking you from where this program truly has fallen. We haven't seen rock-bottom yet, but it is coming.
The only thing worse than last night is getting beat by BC by 10 plus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom