Women's Lacrosse - SU 7 vs Boston College 8: Fri May 26, 5:30 PM [NCAA Semis] | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 7 vs Boston College 8: Fri May 26, 5:30 PM [NCAA Semis]

Ugly ugly game. Not sure how to feel about the zone. They only gave up 8 goals but every foul seemed to lead to a free position. Bc cross checked and impeded us all over the place but it has no impact.

What happened to Emma ward playing from x.

Can’t imagine Desko telling senior Mikey Powell to hang out on the perimeter because he was face guarded by a freshman.

WTAF

Again I am not regular watcher of the womens lax team but I think you have to wonder what Treanor was thinking letting BC dictate defensively and allowing them to face guard her with zero answers. Terrible coaching job. The comparison to Powell is a good one, teams tried against him but if you game plan around it you can stop it.

The womens rules are ridiculous, I don't' know how anyone watches regularly. You breath on someone it's a foul. How you can possibly play defense is a miracle and good luck getting a turn over late if you brush someone its a foul. The whole 8 meter thing is so bizarre, feels like a youth rule for 8-10 year olds. Let them wear helmets and some padding and actually play. The fact you can't even wind up fully to take a shot is ludicrous.
Read a book on lacrosse once. The women's rules were written basically so women could appear feminine while playing. Back in the 1800s, and have really not been changed much.

I don't mind the pocket depth, and a few other things, but the shooting space stuff and touch fouls is just too much to handle.

Ugly ugly game. Not sure how to feel about the zone. They only gave up 8 goals but every foul seemed to lead to a free position. Bc cross checked and impeded us all over the place but it has no impact.

We kept playing 'Ring-Around-the-Rosie' while they were coming right down the middle.

I thought our D was amazing, until our offense decided they weren't going to score, and MT wasn't going to touch the ball. Ugly, ugly way to lose.

Again I am not regular watcher of the womens lax team but I think you have to wonder what Treanor was thinking letting BC dictate defensively and allowing them to face guard her with zero answers. Terrible coaching job. The comparison to Powell is a good one, teams tried against him but if you game plan around it you can stop it.
Yeah, letting the all time points leader in program history stand and watch because she’s face guarded is suboptimal.

Unless Tyrell has an undisclosed hitch in her giddy up.

The zone D was mostly solid. Offense lacked the finishing touch in the second half.

I think the officials rewarded the more aggressive team. SU looked a half step slower in the midfield than BC.

Read a book on lacrosse once. The women's rules were written basically so women could appear feminine while playing. Back in the 1800s, and have really not been changed much.

I don't mind the pocket depth, and a few other things, but the shooting space stuff and touch fouls is just too much to handle.

Makes sense but odd there hasn't been much of a movement to change the rules and put some physicality into the game. The mens game has lessened some of the hitting from the 90s and early 2000s but they look like Coliseum gladiators compared to the womens game. Way to many bizarre rules from the touch fouls, 8 meter thing and whatever the hell the faceoff procedure is.

Take a shot, let it go out of bounds, let MT take it, and let her do something with the ensuing double team. It didn't work in the 4th quarter, when it happened for the 1st time, but give MT a game of opportunities and see what happens.

Just way to loosey goosey with the ball as well. 13 TOs that felt like 30.

Yeah, letting the all time points leader in program history stand and watch because she’s face guarded is suboptimal.

Unless Tyrell has an undisclosed hitch in her giddy up.

The zone D was mostly solid. They lacked the finishing touch in the second half.

I think the officials rewarded the more aggressive team. SU looked a half step slower in the midfield than BC.

Agreed on teh speed aspect, I watched both second halves of the BC games this year and both games I thought BC was the quicker/speeder team. SU lacked another elite dodger/initiator with Tyrell taken out with the faceguarding. Emma Wards a nice player but she's gotta get in better shape if she's gonna be the alpha scorer next year, she was MIA the 2nd half.

Makes sense but odd there hasn't been much of a movement to change the rules and put some physicality into the game. The mens game has lessened some of the hitting from the 90s and early 2000s but they look like Coliseum gladiators compared to the womens game. Way to many bizarre rules from the touch fouls, 8 meter thing and whatever the hell the faceoff procedure is.
I actually like the women’s draw compared to the men’s FO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom