SU bowl projections | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

SU bowl projections

The money is pooled and distributed. If you make the playoffs, or NYD type bowl, there is a bonus which does go directly to the school.

This selection show is the worst television I have ever seen. ESPN is unwatchable these days.

yep watch the top 4 then check it out later

Are they announcing on the espn show at a specific time?

We will sell a good amount of seats for the Pinstripe. Def a lot more than Military. Hate not having tailgate options but we will go to some fun bars in the city instead.
Billy's Bar near the stadium was the SU bar the past two Pinstripes. It was a blast.

Um, no.

If the choices were:
Pinstripe, Military, Fenway, then it would be AD malfeasance to NOT push for Pinstripe.

Now - next year?
Maybe JW would ‘push’ for Military, (assuming those same options) just for variety’s sake.

That said - Pinstripe payout is substantially higher than those other 2, IIRC.
Payout goes to ACC to split up

Tix minimums, Swag Bag and travel costs are more important

the payout means nothing to us though with all bowl money shared equally amoung the schools and the league getting a cut
But the process for matching up bowls with ACC Teams puts the bowls in levels and payout is among the criteria. Pinstripe is filled before Military or Fenway and there is simply no way any program would ask out of a higher prestige bowl, especially one where we have shown support and have a strong alumni presence. Pinstripe is the best we can hope for and essentially ranks us no lower than sixth among qualified ACC teams (excluding Notre Dame.)

Outside of people on this board that I know personally, I have about 10-12 family/friends who went to the first two pinstripe bowls. All but one maybe none are going this year. The excitement just isn’t there and there’s just no Bowl atmosphere or tailgating. Yankee stadium could possibly be the worst bowl venue.

We're going to our 8th bowl game this century. We went from 6-0 to 7-5. I think people expect too much.

The victory in this whole process is not being in Fenway.

I'll probably go, and bring the wife. There are worse things than day drinking and a night out in NYC. Just hope she doesn't talk me out of going to the game while we’re there. Might have to pony up for Delta suite.

Yeah if you like being a sardine lol
You have to get there at 8 am for breakfast and score a table! You and my wife have the same mindset, haha! But she ended up having fun, nonetheless!

B4F420DF-6987-431F-A5A3-C73F88AC3B2F.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom