SU IPF ranked one of the Best | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

SU IPF ranked one of the Best

on the inside very little difference.. on the outside they went brick we went in a different direction. if we had another 10 million to throw at it maybe ours would have changed but maybe it wouldnt

It's all about perception and it's not mine or yours that matters. It's what the players and recruits think. So if some kid sees this "report" on the internet and now has the perception, true or not, that our IPF is one of the top 10 all the better for SU FB.
Exactly. I know that Bleacher Report is basically garbage. You know Bleacher Report is crap. At best, it's the sports version of BuzzFeed.

But...

It's still owned by CNN and SI. It's what current recruits have grown up reading, for better or worse. It's what they know.

And again, the bottom line: last year, we didn't even have a facility. Suddenly, after being open for only a few months, we're getting national publicity for our facility.

So who gives a rat's arse about whether it's as aesthetically pleasing as Michigan's?

Turf looks unforgiving. Can you punt in it? :)

The turf is unforgiving but it helps weed out the weak. It's only for hardnosed players. No helmets, no pads. Everyone is in camo, so you can't discern your own players from the opposition. Some carry guns, most are trained in one form of combat or another. As I said, only for hardnosed players, pansies need not apply.

It was fun when I was young.

Of course Michigan had a better facility then us DUHHHH. They can pay there over rated coach 8 million a year so I wonder how much that facility costs...

Ours is top 10. End of story.

on the inside very little difference.. on the outside they went brick we went in a different direction. if we had another 10 million to throw at it maybe ours would have changed but maybe it wouldnt

isn't labor rates higher in ny state also?

From Jameis Winston and Bryce Petty's workouts with Harbaugh at UofM:

Winston: "These guys don't know how blessed they are to have this kind of facility. I mean, Florida State, we're a very prestigious school, we have nice stuff, but we don't have this. I'm sorry, I love Florida State. Go 'Noles till the day I die, but they're so much [more] advanced than us."

(Michigan's 104,000-square foot indoor facility opened in 2009 and is about the same size as FSU's, which opened in 2013. Baylor's is about 73,000 square feet.)

Petty: "This is bar none the best one that I've seen. We've got great ones in Waco, you know I love what we had at Baylor, and so it's cool to kind of see other places, and this is definitely by far one of the best I've seen."

If I was Michigan, I'd totally trade FSU's national championships and playoff appearances for ... a cool practice facility. Jim Harbough probably gave him some crab legs to say that stuff anyways.

I guess when you can't compete with Rutgers (in the actual games) you have to hang your hat on something.

What is it with these BIG schools (IU, Mich) that think they are still relevant when they haven't won anything of significance in decades?

dont forget the design the buildings is often controlled by factors other than making them look good.. Bill gates gave us out last building money was not an issue and its still a pretty stupid looking building because they chose a name architect who likes weird looks. i think its pretty subjective that the mich one looks better than the SU one. the brick look vs the style that SU chose. some schools look for buildings to match the campus some choose to let every building have its own character.

For all the money they've got, they still under-perform. Not the kids fault, though...

Hope Jim Harbaugh can turn things around for them.
I hope they don't turn things around, mainly because they seem to be recruiting all of the same kids we are, and a strong Michigan is going to make those battles even tougher to win! ;)

You know, truthfully, though IPFs are very important as it pertains to recruiting, I believe that their importance might be somewhat over-rated. Recruits also look at things like the weight room, the S&C coaches, and the PT facilities, too.