SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN

From HoosierHuddle.com when discussing potential offensive coordinators being hired by IU.

“Robert Anae – Virginia – this is a pipe dream as Anae is one of the brightest offensive minds in college football and a three-time nominee for the nation’s best assistant award (Frank Broyles Award). He’s been with Bronco Mendenhall for nearly two decades and the Cavaliers are innovative, creative and downright fun on offense under the veteran playcaller.”

You can have a HC plus 10 assistants.

Been that way for a few years.

I stand corrected then thank you for the clarification. I thought it was 10 total. That's even better then because we need to add a power recruiter.

There are rumors on the Hoo board that Dabo is also going after the UVa AA center. I guess Dabo might not have been thrilled with Tony leaving. Though Tony is coaching at Clemson until after the bowl game. That would be pretty awkward if Dabo poached Tony's best player beforehand...

The Hoo board says Armstrong asked Elliott to keep Beck on staff as the QB coach. It is going to be hard for Elliott to not try hard to keep Beck on the staff...if he loses him, he might also lose Armstrong. They are already facing a massive loss of players on offense. Losing Armstrong too would be devastating.

One the other hand, if the OL all leaves Virginia, would Armstrong even want to stay? If he has no chance to be successful, he might be more amenable to transferring as well.

Our Coastal opponent in 2022 just happens to be UVa. That game could be a lot more interesting that it initially looked depending on how a few things break in the next few days.

UVa plays in Boston in the Inaugural Fenway Bowl on December 29th. Guessing there might be a formal press conference in Syracuse on Thursday, December 30th.

I stand corrected then thank you for the clarification. I thought it was 10 total. That's even better then because we need to add a power recruiter.

They changed it back in 2017 or 2018.

Dino has options.

One other thing if we can land this combo (or even one of them)...

I think these are the kind of coaches that would have a competent offense ready to go from the first snap of the first game.

They're creative enough to make good things happen with talent on hand. I don't think this would be a "need time to install the system before we can perform" type of circumstance.

You can have a HC plus 10 assistants.

Been that way for a few years.
My local High School here in Georgia has sixteen ast Coaches. I think Clemson two years ago at the Dome had like 22 coaches on their side line. Why are we limited to 10?

One other thing if we can land this combo (or even one of them)...

I think these are the kind of coaches that would have a competent offense ready to go from the first snap of the first game.

They're creative enough to make good things happen with talent on hand. I don't think this would be a "need time to install the system before we can perform" type of circumstance.
I wonder if we land them, can we flip this kid they have committed to Uva for 2023 already

My local High School here in Georgia has sixteen ast Coaches. I think Clemson two years ago at the Dome had like 22 coaches on their side line. Why are we limited to 10?

You can only send out the 10 "official" coaches on recruiting trips.

You can have up to 4 Grad Assistants and a boat load of "Analysts", "Trainers", "Video Coordinators", and the guy who gets the coffee on the sideline.

There are rumors on the Hoo board that Dabo is also going after the UVa AA center. I guess Dabo might not have been thrilled with Tony leaving. Though Tony is coaching at Clemson until after the bowl game. That would be pretty awkward if Dabo poached Tony's best player beforehand...

The Hoo board says Armstrong asked Elliott to keep Beck on staff as the QB coach. It is going to be hard for Elliott to not try hard to keep Beck on the staff...if he loses him, he might also lose Armstrong. They are already facing a massive loss of players on offense. Losing Armstrong too would be devastating.

One the other hand, if the OL all leaves Virginia, would Armstrong even want to stay? If he has no chance to be successful, he might be more amenable to transferring as well.

Our Coastal opponent in 2022 just happens to be UVa. That game could be a lot more interesting that it initially looked depending on how a few things break in the next few days.

UVa plays in Boston in the Inaugural Fenway Bowl on December 29th. Guessing there might be a formal press conference in Syracuse on Thursday, December 30th.
Great insight and thoughts. In the perfect scenario we take Beck, Armstrong and their lineman lol

You can only send out the 10 "official" coaches on recruiting trips.

You can have up to 4 Grad Assistants and a boat load of "Analysts", "Trainers", "Video Coordinators", and the guy who gets the coffee on the sideline.
Makes sense!

Yup...so we hire these folks and we're likely to double up on position coaches a bit and that's fine.
I think one player who would be happy as heck about these (potential) hires is Lamson. I think he and Sterlin were kind of close. I really liked what I saw from Lamson's recruit highlights and to think he played QB in HS for about a year and a half...he's got potential. I didn't want to see him hitting the portal. Again, IF these coaches are hired, is QB position at CUSE maybe a bit more "glamorous"?

According to Wiki, in addition to being OC, Anae coached WRs at both BYU and Virginia.
The Wiki is incorrect Marques Hagans (a former UVa QB) has been the WR coach all along under Bronco.

One of the sneaky good things about this hire is that typically we’re not getting the guys coming off great years at peer programs. They get HC jobs or go with the HC to the next big job. Bronco quitting suddenly meant two very good coaches are looking for a home after a great year.

Do we get Hoo's That too? ;)
Uh, no.