Sum this game up in three words - Missed Free Throws | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Sum this game up in three words - Missed Free Throws

I don't get it how these guys can continue to miss and miss. Silent G looks like he has no confidence and Rak missed a bunch today.
Four words sum up this team: NO MARGIN FOR ERROR. If EVERYONE plays well, SU is a middle of the road ACC team. Not what we are used to, but not bad. If anyone has an off game, we are in trouble.

I think you will like a guy named Diagne coming in next year too. Might take a year or so but he's going to be a good one.
Agreed.

They used to be the worst team in the Big East. Years ago.

But over the years, they've recruited better and better...and they hired a great coach...and now they're on par with us.

they are on par with us this year, as a huge down year for us, but as a program overall... its not close. We have been better than them literally every year in the past decade BUT this year.

AZOrange said:
I wasn't talking physically...

Well if you're talking mentally soft then I don't know how you can compare a HS kid to current players.

A growing team.

Cooney, Christmas and Benjy are depended on offensively, and I think we're always going to be. Roberson, Joseph and Patterson (as well as Chris before the injury) were going to have to develop. They've been forced to do it earlier than anticipated.

We've let a handful slip away now. But, Joseph and Roberson are improving. Patterson has as well, he's making better decisions with the ball.

That was not a bad Miami team yesterday. If Rak starts a little better and we make free throws at a better clip we have a good win under our belt. Defense has been better than average.

This team will have to claw for every win as well as grow while they do it. That's been pretty evident since the start I think.

I think it's fair to say there's been significant improvement. Unfortunately, there needs to be more, and quickly.

From today's Post-Standard: In ACC play G is shooting 50% from three, 48% from the line. How can that happen? Maybe we should ask if he can take his free throws from outside the arc.

realorange said:
Two guys that had 22 rebounds and 33 pts between them yesterday are not soft in any regard.
Eh neither have killer instincts IMO. Rak is a really nice player especially offensively (I think his d has been below avg recently). TR is far too passive, he can be a great complimentary player but not a killer either (more like CJ). All our guys are the same guys. Fairly quiet seemingly nice guys.

rrlbees said:
Well if you're talking mentally soft then I don't know how you can compare a HS kid to current players.
Cause that dude plays angry. You can just see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom