Summer Vaca? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Summer Vaca?

View attachment 41964 View attachment 41961

If I am lucky, I will get to spend more time this summer in this amazing place with the two most amazing people in the world, my GP's, doing lots of hiking, lake stuff, and grilling!

7lv7BnTEtuzKM.gif
Looks perfect!

Currently sitting at the hotel bar in Waikiki. This is not the Hawaii I've gotten to see over the last week and a half. Not a fan.

The Big Island was amazing. Wish we had spent much more time there. So many things left to see over there. Kauai was great, but for me I'd go back to the big island first if we ever come back here.

Wanted to include one more restaurant for those visiting the Big Island this year. We had a great meal at Jackie Rey's Ohana Grill in Kailua-Kona off the Kuakini Highway. Awesome seafood.

By the way, if you have little ones who like to fish but don't necessarily like going deep sea fishing, save yourself some money and do what I did. Go to sports authority and buy a couple package rod and reel combos and fish from the shore. Buy a bit of cheap previously frozen shrimp and have at it. We caught a ton of fish just messing around - any time of the day worked. Be careful with the coral from the reefs. Cost us a couple fish and many many hooks and bobbers.

Nothing special planned. However just spent three weeks in Napa and Sonoma visiting many wineries in the process.

If you just spent three weeks in Napa and Sonoma and still have any money left to consider other vacations this year, I'd like to do what you do for a living. The wife and I spent essentially a long weekend there last fall and that nearly broke the bank. Good for you. It was a very nice place to visit. Hope they get some rain soon.

I'm Bored.

Anyone going anywhere cool this summer?

Looks like I'm staying in state this year. Saving my monies for Atlantis. Planning on spending a lot of time on the Klutina river, trying to fill my freezer with king salmon.

Let me live vicariously through you guys? Where ya headed?

Starting in June - Israel for 10 days
Disneyland
ComiCon - San Diego
July - Moving after 20 years in California to Colorado Springs. It's AFT. Anybody from the board live there?

Disneyland
ComiCon - San Diego
July - Moving after 20 years in California to Colorado Springs. It's AFT. Anybody from the board live there?

I have a very good friend and colleague that lives in the Springs. I'd be glad to ask him whatever you like. Saw him out there in December.

In June: Warsaw, Krakow, Auschwitz, Birkenau and Berlin. Not a classic "vacation" trip... but places I've always wanted to visit.

In September: Sicily and the Amalfi Coast. Total change of pace... but two other places I've never visited.

Make sure you go to Ravello when you're on the Amalfi coast - I thought it was nicer (and certainly less crowded) than Positano.

Last edited:
Disneyland
ComiCon - San Diego
I'm in Denver, 45 min away from the Springs. Yes more Cuse fans in the state! Send me a pm, and fire away with any questions about anything, I'll have an answer or get one.

Just got back from Hong Kong and Thailand, Sea Ranch in No. CA, Rome next week, Munich and then Barcelona or Trieste or Amsterdam later in the summer, golf trip to Bandon Dunes in Sept, Austin in Oct., maybe Charleston for the Holidays.

Lots of posts above remind me of how wonderful the Adirondacks are - need to get back there.

Just got back from Hong Kong and Thailand, Sea Ranch in No. CA, Rome next week, Munich and then Barcelona or Trieste or Amsterdam later in the summer, golf trip to Bandon Dunes in Sept, Austin in Oct., maybe Charleston for the Holidays.

Lots of posts above remind me of how wonderful the Adirondacks are - need to get back there.
Just got back from 2 weeks in Vietnam and Thailand...it was absolutely incredible. Hanoi, Ha Long Bay, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Ko Phi Phi. Can't recommend enough if you haven't done the SE Asia trip.
img_2908_17299402161_o.jpg
img_2913_17113667829_o.jpg

Last edited:
Did you see Alibrat in C Mai?

Just got back from 2 weeks in Vietnam and Thailand...it was absolutely incredible. Hanoi, Ha Long Bay, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Ko Phi Phi. Can't recommend enough if you haven't done the SE Asia trip.

Your photos have made me homesick. But since home is now Texas, we will try some camping at Possum Kingdom instead of Saranac this summer, and take a long weekend to shoot up and see the Ozarks too. I will keep an open mind as I take in these new parts of the world for me, but I can't imagine anything will ever beat the boat accessible only camping trips I've taken in the Adirondacks.

I'm Bored.

Looks like I'm staying in state this year. Saving my monies for Atlantis. Planning on spending a lot of time on the Klutina river, trying to fill my freezer with king salmon.

Munich and Prague - for the beer, the biergartens and the drindles (St.Pauli) girls

These pictures are great! Living in Charlotte, NC now. Coming up on a year and it still doesn't feel quite like home yet. I still use my GPS going to places 10 minutes away!

Have a flight set up to go back to Syracuse at the beginning of August. Really looking forward to that.

Anybody in the Charlotte area have any suggestions on places to go/visit? Come football season I'll need a Syracuse bar as well! Any suggestions there?

I'm Bored.

I'm glad you asked. Oddly, I'm spending my summer vacation in CNY. I've lived in Virginia for almost 30 years and am loving exploring the places in New York I once knew well. I've played a lot of golf, sampled area cuisine, plan on camping in the Adirondacks before football season, and just got back from camping with a friend who's 2/3 complete with the Appalachian Trail. I close out my vacation with football season. It's more like a sabbatical, but a wonderfully long vacation for me.