Summer Vaca? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Summer Vaca?

just did 8 days in Disney...god help me.

this summer will low-key...Lake George for a couple of weeks & few weekends and the Jersey shore whenever i can.

the summers highlight will likely be AC/DC at Giants Stadium in August. U2 at the Garden in July is running 2nd, provided Bono can do it.

just did 8 days in Disney...god help me.

this summer will low-key...Lake George for a couple of weeks & few weekends and the Jersey shore whenever i can.

the summers highlight will likely be AC/DC at Giants Stadium in August. U2 at the Garden in July is running 2nd, provided Bono can do it.

You going to the July 18th show?

You going to the July 18th show?
i dont think so.

my 'Ticket-master', not ticketmaster...has the tickets and i recall him saying it was a weeknight. he bought early, i think the sat show was added later.

i dont think so.

my 'Ticket-master', not ticketmaster...has the tickets and i recall him saying it was a weeknight. he bought early, i think the sat show was added later.

Too bad, could've done Stout. My last U2 at MSG had Stout cameos from NYCFan and Bill O.

Too bad, could've done Stout. My last U2 at MSG had Stout cameos from NYCFan and Bill O.
well, the 'ticketmaster' will be going to every show with different peeps, date swaps always take place.

its not as easy to pull off here in the burbs, but i will see if i can swap in to that sat.

better for me, worse for the wife though

'listen, after working all week and leaving you here with the kids by yourself...i also need to leave this saturday at 2 so i can go get drunk in the City with the crew and see U2, ill be home at 4 or 5am, likely sleeping till noon on sunday'.

i believe youve all seen the video of that woman with her kid at the riots...

well, the 'ticketmaster' will be going to every show with different peeps, date swaps always take place.

its not as easy to pull off here in the burbs, but i will see if i can swap in to that sat.

better for me, worse for the wife though

'listen, after working all week and leaving you here with the kids by yourself...i also need to leave this saturday at 2 so i can go get drunk in the City with the crew and see U2, ill be home at 4 or 5am, likely sleeping till noon on sunday'.

i believe youve all seen the video of that woman with her kid at the riots...

You're what, 48, 49? Go to stubhub, buy your lady a ticket.

I'm going to Atlanta for a few days, but that's gonna be work related. So no vacation for me.

And CuseTroop, you know you want to just go to Hedonism in Jamaica and get it over with. It's your destiny.

Volcanoes national park tonight. Lava is at levels not seen for years. Awesome day.

Attachments

• 20150429_193812.jpg
    20150429_193812.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 54
And during the day. The lava was so high all the rangers were totally geeked out.

Attachments

• 20150429_174048.jpg
    20150429_174048.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 48
Just finished 5 nights in princeville on Kauai. Here on the big island for 4 nights then one night with the family on Oahu. We will do the pearl harbor thing as well. I'm here for another week after they go home for work.

Sounds great! My wife and I will be in Kauai in about three weeks. We're staying in Kapaa for the first four nights and then heading down to the Marriott in Poipu for a week. We will have a car the entire time so we will definitely explore the island, including Princeville. We just bought some snorkeling gear to take with us so I think we are now all set. Looking forward to it!

You're what, 48, 49? Go to stubhub, buy your lady a ticket.
no.

because then U2 becomes Les Miz.

babysitter, car service, dinner & wine, drinks at some bougie lounge no where near the Garden, cab dropping us off at the door 15 mins before show time, etc.

at Giants Stadium i can control the situation...'what do you want from me?? we are in a parking lot in a swamp, get can of bud light, sit down, get some sun and how do you want your steak??'

no.

babysitter, car service, dinner & wine, drinks at some bougie lounge no where near the Garden, cab dropping us off at the door 15 mins before show time, etc.

at Giants Stadium i can control the situation...'what do you want from me?? we are in a parking lot in a swamp, get can of bud light, sit down, get some sun and how do you want your steak??'

Been to both - this U2 show is far more costly. I am sure the board is enjoying this summertime chatter.

Still, no better place to be on a Saturday night in the big city.

no.

Aw man, if you can't enjoy the music in Les Mis, which is spectacular, you are indeed a top tier curmudgeon. ;)

Aw man, if you can't enjoy the music in Les Mis, which is spectacular, you are indeed a top tier curmudgeon. ;)

hey, Les Miz is spectacular and doing what i scripted out above for it, is a great night out...but im going to see a Punk-Rock band from Ireland that ive been following since 1981, all the while trying to pretend im still 24 with no responsibilites.

dont cross the streams Dr Venkman.

and ive taken the wife to many a u2 show, amongst others.

I'm going to Atlanta for a few days, but that's gonna be work related. So no vacation for me.

And CuseTroop, you know you want to just go to Hedonism in Jamaica and get it over with. It's your destiny.

Never heard of that before, and it's now on my list lol

Never heard of that before, and it's now on my list lol
I had never heard of it before my senior year at SU when I went to Negril, Jamaica for spring break, and we drove right past it to get to our hotel.

Sounds great! My wife and I will be in Kauai in about three weeks. We're staying in Kapaa for the first four nights and then heading down to the Marriott in Poipu for a week. We will have a car the entire time so we will definitely explore the island, including Princeville. We just bought some snorkeling gear to take with us so I think we are now all set. Looking forward to it!

Unless you really want to have your own, it may not be necessary to lug that gear all the way there. We rented for a week and it was 15 bucks a person. And lots of places provide you with them, like our place here on the big island. All depends on how much stuff you want to bring.

By the way, Hanalei is awesome there. We went to Tahiti Nui for dinner one night and it was great. That's the place Clooney had a drink with Beau Bridges in the movie The Descendants. I had the ahi and the wife had the ono. But the boy had the shrimp dish they serve, but had it on fries and it was out of this world. So random.

Why does this get thread get preferential treatment on this board? What exactly are the rules here? This is way OT.

Why do people complain about individual threads on a board? It's very easy to skip over, it's not like you're compelled to click on it. Summers are slow here, the mods typically allow a little more leeway on what's talked about. Actually, it's a giant conspiracy by the people "in the know" on the board to irritate those folks who always want to find something to be irritated at. Seems it's working. ;)

I'll be going to Chincoteague with fam in July, Deep Creek Lake in Maryland a couple of times (buddy has a lake house) and will be traveling back to New York to visit the family. We'll be staying in a lake house on Little Sodus Bay for a week around the 4th of July.

IMG_0835.JPG
IMG_0841.JPG

If I am lucky, I will get to spend more time this summer in this amazing place with the two most amazing people in the world, my GP's, doing lots of hiking, lake stuff, and grilling!

7lv7BnTEtuzKM.gif

Why does this get thread get preferential treatment on this board? What exactly are the rules here? This is way OT.

The subject line clearly identifies it as a fun, off-topic digression during the slow off-season here.

The fact that it has 3328 unique views and 147 responses (as of this writing) suggests the folks here are happy with its presence.

The subject line clearly identifies it as a fun, off-topic digression during the slow off-season here.

The fact that it has 3328 unique views and 147 responses (as of this writing) suggests the folks here are happy with its presence.

So can we use this forum for the NBA playoffs?