Sure | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your comment about the boys sickens me. Class kids, good players and glad to have them on this team.
You are correct about Jimmy and Buddy. I did not intend my post to be a knock on them, but the point is that there is no way Jimmy leaves if one of his boys sticks around to be coached, and I am ready for Jimmy to go even if it meant his boys also left.

I apologize for any mis-understanding about my comment about his kids, who are doing all they can and I have no gripe about either of them personally.

His comments are not only driving Benny away, but they have to be viewed as toxic by many recruits who might otherwise consider coming here.

It is time for Jimmy to go, that can no longer even be a question in anybody's mind.

If he takes Jimmy and Buddy with him that is more than a fair price to pay.

You have to feel bad for the assistants. They could be busting their ass for years to get one of these kids to sign on the dotted line only for Boeheim to undo all their work in a couple of months. It's an impossible job.

I think his age is showing in is behavior. It's not a knock, see it happening with my mom. 77 going on 78. It's not going to get better. He is past his point of being able to do his job as needed. This is why I think behind the scenes JW and university will nicely push him into retirement.

I think as you get older, your personality traits don’t change, they just increase in intensity.

At what point will the assistants be struggling to keep recruiting in a delicate balance, where on one hand you have the mentor who you have the utmost respect for and it's your job to bring the best recruits you can, and on the other hand you have to be up front with the recruits and their parents, look them in the eyes and trying to prepare them for the rude awakenings that's going to come.

Is there any chance he is just covering for Benny? Maybe Benny violated team rules-going to a party, skipped a class or two, or something-and instead of telling the world about it, he is just using that because people expect him to say it?
legit LOL.

“I hate the negativity of the board...also let’s randomly speculate about this bad seed“

1642445405936.jpeg

Is there any chance he is just covering for Benny? Maybe Benny violated team rules-going to a party, skipped a class or two, or something-and instead of telling the world about it, he is just using that because people expect him to say it?

I think even Boeheim would’ve been more diplomatic if that was true

Nobody here is at every practice… if he practiced hard and well he’d earn 5’ in a game. That’s how Jimmy earned center minutes ahead of our backup center against wake forest on that final possession of regulation.. If the official made the right call on that awful inbounds play before that we win.

At some point he can’t be allowed to go out on “his terms” this is getting ridiculous and JW has to step in at some point. How do our current recruits see this year after year and think that isn’t going to happen to me. He will change next year for sure.

Nobody here is at every practice… if he practiced hard and well he’d earn 5’ in a game. That’s how Jimmy earned center minutes ahead of our backup center against wake forest on that final possession of regulation.. If the official made the right call on that awful inbounds play before that we win.
So during practices Jimmy plays the 5?

So Joe shoots FT at 90%, does that make him an All American ?

Yeah, it is fair to say Bennie has not fulfilled the pre-season hype, but it is the coach's job, to coach him up to contribute with the things he can do, and that has sorely been lacking.

More importantly, I am beyond disgusted with the Coach throwing players under the bus while simultaneously never even criticizing his select golden lambs, especially the ones with blood ties. Nepotism at its worst.
The worst is when you criticize a player who doesn’t even play.

If he looks at the people who left last year, he should want to stay. Just keep working his butt off, especially during the summer! Look at Kadary, people on this board went crazy because he had one spectacular half of basketball against UCONN, but his last two games he went 3-9 and fouled out in 25 minutes, and he went 2-8 for 4 points in 21 minutes. The grass isn’t always greener……if Kadary had stayed he would be the point guard for at least 20 minutes a game minimum while Joe would have been at the 2 and Buddy at the 3. But he wanted to start! Guess what….he isn’t starting now
Difference is Seton Hall has a far better team and better players who play ahead of him. Can’t say the same here.

Not the point.

Williams got his chance. Hes at 13.2 mins per night on the year that is a lot for a reserve.

He hasn't played well.

I get that rooting for Benny to improve is a feel good storyline fans are demanding the rest of the way but JB desperately wants to stay above .500 and he thinks his best shot is to do it without him.

If you want to roast JB for not having ANY other options I am with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom