surprised that no one brought up JB saying | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

surprised that no one brought up JB saying

No one in college basketball could hold a clipboard like Bernie could. In fact, in all seriousness, he probably has the most wins of any assistant coach in NCAA history. Chew on that for a second.

That's a good point. There is a chance Bernie was actually completely innocent which really stinks. But even so, he had to resign because of the media cluster that was going on.

That's a good point. There is a chance Bernie was actually completely innocent which really stinks. But even so, he had to resign because of the media cluster that was going on.
He didn't resign. He was fired.

Re[QUOTE="CaptainJ, post: 1806649, member: 155

What happened to all of the "insiders" who were claiming knowledge of some "secret player" and things they "knew" but couldn't jeopardize the program by actually telling us after they teased us.

![/QUOTE]Or being Ive been gone a bit, have these folks come clean already? I'm I getting riled for no reason? Inquiring minds want to know! ;)

Revealing the mystery recruit would not have been good for the program at the time. He was not available for SU to go after and will not be available, as it turns out. It's as simple as that. Pretty much everyone here now knows who he is but at the time, it was a delicate situation.

CaptainJ no one was wrong. The mystery player exists. He was a possible option for SU. At the time, he wasn't available but there was a decent possibility he might become available. As it turns out, he decided to stay at his school. I'm not sure what the disconnect is. I can send you a private message if you want to know who he is. If it was proven that SU had been in contact with him before he had announced his intentions to transfer, I doubt his coach or school would've been very happy. And I'm not saying SU contacted him, by the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom