Symir Torrence Transferring from Marquette to Syracuse | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Symir Torrence Transferring from Marquette to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reeks of laziness to me, honestly.

They know the kid has always wanted to go to Syracuse. They know the kid is transferring. They know the kid will come if offered.

No shot of us trying to get a better player because there is no need with God’s gift Joe Girard in line for 30 mpg.

I will always root for Syracuse but on the surface this is not a move that makes Syracuse a better team. And I am not going to sugar coat it and hope he improves. His tape doesn’t give me much hope either. He is average to below average at the ACC level. That’s what we are looking for these days.
Its mailed in half @ssed recruiting
JB doesnt want to upset the apple cart, only occasionaly shoots for the stars anymore
to some it looks like a little league dad building a team for his son and his friends, thats cool

Do you think Nate Oates, Chris Beard, crazy Hurley would have this strategy for their roster?

Hopefully the City Rocks experience can help him transition in. Need some tenacity to handle the faceguarding teams like Houston bring. He seems stronger off the deck than our current guards. Whatever it takes to build right away around Benny. This team goes as far as we let Benny take it. Seems JB didnt like KR's rotations, if ST can grasp them quicker he will get minutes. Again its about Benny and no one else

Hopefully the City Rocks experience can help him transition in. Need some tenacity to handle the faceguarding teams like Houston bring. He seems stronger off the deck than our current guards. Whatever it takes to build right away around Benny. This team goes as far as we let Benny take it. Seems JB didnt like KR's rotations, if ST can grasp them quicker he will get minutes. Again its about Benny and no one else
I agree Mr Williams 100% :) Not you? Sorry was hit or miss.

Been over this. Apples to oranges. Kid was from Syracuse and didn’t get a scholarship offer when we needed a PG. We liked Elijah but didn’t have room with the wings we had.

If Eli had a lot of P5 offers why did he end up at that powerhouse East Carolina? People were down on Eli too before he proved them wrong.

Based on your numerous posts in this thread you've already made up your mind that Symir will never be able to replace a guard who was shut down by the Houston guards.

I'm hoping the kid is a good fit here and raises his game. Maybe he will maybe he won't but I'm not going to drone on and on about horrible everything in this program is.

I know he is a local and apparently a great kid. But this kid is not a difference maker he is depth only.

We could have done a lot better. Cole Swider for example.
Hopefully we land Cole Swindell. Would be huge!

Been over this. Apples to oranges. Kid was from Syracuse and didn’t get a scholarship offer when we needed a PG. We liked Elijah but didn’t have room with the wings we had.

If you're referring to Symir (not being offered), he was offered.

I know he is a local and apparently a great kid. But this kid is not a difference maker he is depth only.

Cole is still out there to get.

Two different positions. We’re in play for Cole.

Symir, as of now, is guard depth. Thus why its a good acquisition. He has the physical tools and will be allowed to fine tune his skills with a better staff now. This is a quality get with high upside. We have a lot of open spots to fill.

you gonna play swider at PG? Cool.

Not about PG position. Bout having best players Swider impact more than just depth. There is a reason this kid picked us so fast nobody of significance was recruiting him. Just saying he is nothing more than depth. We need impact players.

Not hating on Symir...but a part of me feels it might be better to wait the whole madness of who is actually in the portal and not.

No need to panic and just take the first guy that says yes.

I think the opportunity is there to get a bunch of impact players.

So part of me wonders if this is just too quick for this level of player...maybe swing for the fences a bit first and then he'll still be there...

But the coaches are probably feeling the heat of making sure they get enough warm bodies at this point.

Not about PG position. Bout having best players Swider impact more than just depth. There is a reason this kid picked us so fast nobody of significance was recruiting him. Just saying he is nothing more than depth. We need impact players.

you said we could have done a lot better than Symir.

Not hating on Symir...but a part of me feels it might be better to wait the whole madness of who is actually in the portal and not.

So part of me wonders if this is just too quick for this level of player...maybe swing for the fences a bit first and then he'll still be there...

But the coaches are probably feeling the heat of making sure they get enough warm bodies at this point.
I don’t think we get any better with the minutes available. I hope he does well here but offering 10-14 minutes a game to a transfer isn’t going to get you a great player.

There are only 15 mins per night available at guard next year. Joe is playing 30 and Buddy will be close to 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom