Syracuse basketball: School officials will attend NCAA hearing on potential violations this month | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse basketball: School officials will attend NCAA hearing on potential violations this month

Here comes a postseason ban, just in time for our great 2015 recruiting class to arrive..

What if they revoke scholarships? We might not have a 2015 class.

Just saw a Pat Forde gloat . . . er I mean tweet about this

First day of the season, and this is how things tip off.. Only at SU!

This whole development is no surprise. Read the quotes in the article from Jim Boeheim's book. The really sad part is ... that it has been dragged out by the NCAA for more than two years. Like Chinese water torture.

This whole development is no surprise. Read the quotes in the article from Jim Boeheim's book. The really sad part is ... that it has been dragged out by the NCAA for more than two years. Like Chinese water torture.
Two years? That is record time for the NCAA. If this was Duke, it would be ten years before everything got swept under the rug..

Better to get this out of the way now, than have it dropped in our laps next March.

Investigators who had spoken to Syracuse employees looked into the academic record of Melo, James Southerland and the school's investigation of an alleged sexual assault that involved three Syracuse players in 2007.

with all due respect to any victims and especially the woman involved in this case - in this day and age, sexual assault is what gets the public outcry going and media really stirring. Not academics.

I hope for a lot of peoples sakes, that they dont find any improprieties

CuseHulk said:
Courtesy of the Syracuse Sub Standard.

Courtesy of whomever had loose lips and went to the paper.

What if they revoke scholarships? We might not have a 2015 class.

Have they already signed LOI's? I highly doubt they can take them away. But it may give the players an out.

Since the NCAA forbids schools under investigations to talk about investigations, I don't expect JB will say anything new during media day.

We'll find out soon enough.

if they are going to hand out punishments, make it this year. 2015 is going to be glorious.

Meanwhile somewhere a booster or one of Cal's goons are paying off some recruit while the NCAA turns it's nose.

Jesus what a bunch of garbage. If jb gets suspended will that be it for him?

Investigators who had spoken to Syracuse employees looked into the academic record of Melo, James Southerland and the school's investigation of an alleged s e xual assault that involved three Syracuse players in 2007.

with all due respect to any victims and especially the woman involved in this case - in this day and age, s e xual assault is what gets the public outcry going and media really stirring. Not academics.

I hope for a lot of peoples sakes, that they dont find any improprieties
So a University disciplinary board believes they have more truth, logic, common sense, whatever than a grand jury? Why the duplication of effort?