Syracuse Football Ticket Sales | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Football Ticket Sales

First off, many thanks to Dan for doing this!

I'd really like to have the personal ticket reps back. S.U. played around with the idea a couple years ago (even going so far as to assign individual season ticketholders a rep, and having that rep call to introduce themselves). However, the first person they assigned to me never returned my calls. When I wrote to her, the e-mail bounced back. Come to find out out, she had left and they never assigned me a new rep. When I requested one, they eventually assigned me a new guy, but then he left too (I found out when I e-mailed him one day and he informed me that he now worked at Penn State... nobody at S.U. had bothered to tell me). I'm guessing they abandoned the idea after that, because as far as I know I don't have a rep, and I've never heard another word about it.

I have a personal ticket rep for my NBA season tickets and it's great. I probably talk to the guy every other week. He helps me out when I need extra tickets for friends (sometimes I'll give up my 2 seats, so he can get me 4 together elsewhere), addresses my concerns/questions about billing, signs me up for STH events, helps me out when I want additional playoff tickets, etc. Plus I see him at just about every game, so it's nice when someone with the team actually recognizes you and takes the time to shake your hand. Sometimes it's the little things.

I've also upgraded my seats twice in the last couple years, just because I've enjoyed my experience with the team so much. Contrast that with another pro team in the area, whose season tickets I dropped entirely just because I had such a miserable experience with their office.

The best part is that they run STH events year-round, so the team stays in touch with their season ticketholders even during the off-season: networking events at restaurants, outdoor concerts, watch parties for other sports at bars, beer & wine tastings, bowling, comedy clubs, ice skating, charity walks/5Ks. Most of this stuff doesn't even cost them money, they're just attaching themselves to existing events. However, it allows me to interact with the ticket office personnel (and other STHs) in social settings, and it really helps builds that bond between team & fan. In S.U.'s case, the season ends and I don't hear from them again until it's time to renew or they want a bigger donation.

First off, many thanks to Dan for doing this!

I'd really like to have the personal ticket reps back. S.U. played around with the idea a couple years ago (even going so far as to assign individual season ticketholders a rep, and having that rep call to introduce themselves). However, the first person they assigned to me never returned my calls. When I wrote to her, the e-mail bounced back. Come to find out out, she had left and they never assigned me a new rep. When I requested one, they eventually assigned me a new guy, but then he left too (I found out when I e-mailed him one day and he informed me that he now worked at Penn State... nobody at S.U. had bothered to tell me). I'm guessing they abandoned the idea after that, because as far as I know I don't have a rep, and I've never heard another word about it.

I have a personal ticket rep for my NBA season tickets and it's great. I probably talk to the guy every other week. He helps me out when I need extra tickets for friends (sometimes I'll give up my 2 seats, so he can get me 4 together elsewhere), addresses my concerns/questions about billing, signs me up for STH events, helps me out when I want additional playoff tickets, etc. Plus I see him at just about every game, so it's nice when someone with the team actually recognizes you and takes the time to shake your hand. Sometimes it's the little things.

I've also upgraded my seats twice in the last couple years, just because I've enjoyed my experience with the team so much. Contrast that with another pro team in the area, whose season tickets I dropped entirely just because I had such a miserable experience with their office.

The best part is that they run STH events year-round, so the team stays in touch with their season ticketholders even during the off-season: networking events at restaurants, outdoor concerts, watch parties for other sports at bars, beer & wine tastings, bowling, comedy clubs, ice skating, charity walks/5Ks. Most of this stuff doesn't even cost them money, they're just attaching themselves to existing events. However, it allows me to interact with the ticket office personnel (and other STHs) in social settings, and it really helps builds that bond between team & fan. In S.U.'s case, the season ends and I don't hear from them again until it's time to renew or they want a bigger donation.

OrangeChris,

Well allow me to introduce myself to you. I'm Dan Bartlett and whatever needs or questions you have you let me know. My number is 315-314-6756 and email is drbartle @ syr dot edu. That is what this is all about. We want to build relationships with the fans because that is exactly who we are too. I was on vacation in Florida during the SU @ Pitt game when Ennis hit his miracle 40-footer and almost got thrown out of the restaurant for "cheering for a team 1 thousand miles away" LOL. Forgive my fan-hood.

You are correct though. We are all about becoming more noticeable in the community and holding our own events or simply being at them like you eluded to.

Awesome feedback especially because of the NBA/pro ties. We are taking notes!

Those walls were all painted a while ago. When was the last time you were in the dome?
Do we not have some artists that would be able to paint football murals on those large expanses of gray wall? Sections could be painted by different artists with perhaps prizes for best in show. An SU theme perhaps past to present.

Do we not have some artists that would be able to paint football murals on those large expanses of gray wall? Sections could be painted by different artists with perhaps prizes for best in show. An SU theme perhaps past to present.

I like this. After seeing the stadium wraps around concessions stands and areas of high traffic it makes the Dome "pop". I really like this idea

Definitely can understand that. This is one of the driving forces behind my presence here. I want people to know (by me posting offers, deals, and need-to-know information on this site when appropriate) I am the guy to see. Anyone you know, or yourself included, looking for packages send them my way. My email is always open! Drbartle @ syr dot edu

did you get my email this time?

Right, but what do you expect the Dome to do? They can't remodel concrete...
For starters, they could take the bathroom in first aid area and advertise as a "family bathroom". What I'm talking about is not rocket science, concrete is not the issue, just a bit more family friendly for a guy with little girls who wants to take them to game by himself.

Chris02M said:
tried again and the email was exactly the same as what I typed. you check spam folder?

You could PM him here on the site if you continue to have issues just click on his screen name and send private message.

TexanMark said:
Dan...I'm the Commander of the FineMess. I'm fairly certain they bought their seasons and also joined the OrangeClub to get STadium West parking. Consigliere can jump in if I'm wrong.

Speaking of events...Harborfest in Oswego is in July a time of the year when some folks are starting to think about football.

You got it, Mark. I actually walked them to the booth in the back court at the Notre Dame hoops game to make their deposit and Mark took the next step with Orange Club membership. Already looking at four more for 2015. I'll be using my freebies for Villanova to support another recruiting trip.

And Harborfest would be huge. I think it was named one of the Top 10 outdoor festivals in the US. How about a merchandise booth with a free ticket voucher for select games with a $100 purchase. Using a voucher allows you to say as available and not commit seats to someone who may not show.

Hey Dan I had talked previously about colorizing and improving lighting in the dome. Two other local companies I found out about because people in their management have season football tickets and were at the spring game sitting near me. Stik-Withit Print works and Aquarii.