Syracuse -Uconn working on home/home series | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse -Uconn working on home/home series

Exactly.

BCU was the big winner in 2003.

Since then, UConn has won 3 NC in BB, 2 BE championships in Fb, been to a another FF, been to a BCS won a soccer NC, won a FH NC, and won 6 or 7 women NC's.

But, BCU fans got to watch their AD cash a big check every month. What do you think was more fun?
Their future is assured, as is ours. Can you say the same thing?

Virginia and North Carolina to the B1G and VT and NC State to the SEC was my nightmare scenario at the height of the WVU/UConn ACC snuff fantasies.
Little secret not many people know is that NC State is part of the UNC school system. The flagship of the state of North Carolina is UNC-Chapel Hill. As a result the board is stacked in favor of UNC-CH. NC State gets its public funding from the UNC school system. NC State would not be allowed to change athletic conferences without approval from the UNC school system and you can bet anything UNC-CH would never allow NC State go to the SEC without them being taken care and UNC being okay. UNC is the alpha dog of the ACC they are never going to destroy their own conference.

Big Ten can fantasize all they want, but UNC would never join that conference.

sdhusky said:
We are only dominant when on the court, winning conference championships, getting to FF, winning NC and putting guys in the NBA. Or on the field winning 2 BE Championships and getting to a BCS bowl and having multiple 1st and second round picks. Rutgers is far more dominant in having TVs. I never suggested CT has more TVs. Never.

Yet nobody took you.

The only way I see UConn in the ACC is if the league were gutted by moves (FSU->SEC, UVa, UNC->B1G, etc.). And since that is not happening...well, read between the lines.
Exactly as long as FSU is the ACC UConn won't be a member. If ND agreed to be a full member then I bet ND would pick the 16th team.

Their future is assured, as is ours. Can you say the same thing?

I would trade our last 12 years for their next 50 when it comes to on-court or on field accomplishments.

Good point Alacs - UNC wouldn't leave unless the ACC was really damaged by FL St or VA leaving.

Its possible that you guys are right about VA. They would never move. But if CRE has taught me anything its that money does seem to trump history and rivalries.

sdhusky said:
Exactly. BCU was the big winner in 2003. Since then, UConn has won 3 NC in BB, 2 BE championships in Fb, been to a another FF, been to a BCS won a soccer NC, won a FH NC, and won 6 or 7 women NC's. But, BCU fans got to watch their AD cash a big check every month. What do you think was more fun?

Then why do ucon fans whine so much about not being in a conference? You talk out of both sides of your mouth.

And with the 70th and final pick in the P5 draft, the B1G selects...

Qu8uC.gif
Speaking of which the annual college draft is coming up and I hope you and Jack Bauer team up again.

If UConn glory seeking AG now Senator Dick Blumenthal never files a lawsuit against the ACC and individually named Donna Shalala(Miami), Fr. Leahy(Boston College), and John Swofford(commish) as defendants then UConn likely gets in the ACC in 2011 with SU. Pitt/WVU/TCU/BYU likely go the Big XII and all 5 conferences are established.

UConn screwed themselves.

Right. And when win #5, yoou can tell yourself that.
We don't have to. Somebody saw our worth to the conference. Want us to tell you what it feels like?

I had a better chance with Scarlett Johansson at the 2012 DNC convention party we were both at than UConn does of joining the Big Ten.

Right. And when win #5, yoou can tell yourself that.
your days are over and deep down you know it. You have been an average basketball program the last 5 year that got white hot at the right time twice. Good for you. But to think it will happen again is wishful thinking. Your football program is a joke. It has never been good and never will be good. you are great at woman's hoop. Now be honest, how many womans games did you go to while a student at UConn? I never went to one woman's game while a student at syracuse. Who cares? By the way, before you say something about our football program, we have at least a past and that past just got us a football prospect that is better than any prospect UConn has ever signed. But more importantly, why are you here? You have a board where you guys can all stroke each other and say syracuse sucks man. And when we go to the B1G, everyone will see then. Truth is, I won't care what happens to you guys. Good or bad. It's sort of like an ex. Whatever.

Virginia and North Carolina to the B1G and VT and NC State to the SEC was my nightmare scenario at the height of the WVU/UConn ACC snuff fantasies.
The thought of this is a nightmare. UVA and UNC aren't interested in the B1G. I don't get why it continues to be discussed all the time. The ACC has a bright future, and certainly in UVA's case I know we're happy to be a part of it. There isn't a reason to leave one of the fastest growing parts of the country to join with the slowest. And neither UVA nor UNC are midwestern schools with heavily midwestern student populations or alumni bases. There truly is no interest. The B1G has always made more money. Ohio State makes more money than anyone in the ACC and always has. That's why it's satisfying to finish ahead of them most years in the Director's Cup, which UVA does. Maryland isn't missed. We've literally hardly noticed that they aren't here anymore.

The thought of this is a nightmare. UVA and UNC aren't interested in the B1G. I don't get why it continues to be discussed all the time. The ACC has a bright future, and certainly in UVA's case I know we're happy to be a part of it. There isn't a reason to leave one of the fastest growing parts of the country to join with the slowest. And neither UVA nor UNC are midwestern schools with heavily midwestern student populations or alumni bases. There truly is no interest. The B1G has always made more money. Ohio State makes more money than anyone in the ACC and always has. That's why it's satisfying to finish ahead of them most years in the Director's Cup, which UVA does. Maryland isn't missed. We've literally hardly noticed that they aren't here anymore.
When you're UConn, grasping at straws is all you've got.

If UConn glory seeking AG now Senator Dick Blumenthal never files a lawsuit against the ACC and individually named Donna Shalala(Miami), Fr. Leahy(Boston College), and John Swofford(commish) as defendants then UConn likely gets in the ACC in 2011 with SU. Pitt/WVU/TCU/BYU likely go the Big XII and all 5 conferences are established.

UConn screwed themselves.
I would hope that the ACC could get over that lawsuit with UConn since it did with Pittsburgh and Virginia Tech. Boston College will have a hard time, but they are only one vote. If ESPN decides to pay enough for the inclusion of UConn, I would want the ACC to offer them membership. The basketball programs and soccer programs are impressive. Football needs improvement, and that's what UConn needs to work on. A lot of the fans though don't want to be a part of the ACC, and it wouldn't be good to have people here who don't want to be here in the league. They feel like it was a snub by the ACC. What happened to Syracuse in 2002 was more of a snub in my view. And the Big Ten taking Rutgers over anyone who consistently competes in athletics is much more of a snub as well. They can talk AAU and Cable Boxes all they want.

I would hope that the ACC could get over that lawsuit with UConn since it did with Pittsburgh and Virginia Tech. Boston College will have a hard time, but they are only one vote. If ESPN decides to pay enough for the inclusion of UConn, I would want the ACC to offer them membership. The basketball programs and soccer programs are impressive. Football needs improvement, and that's what UConn needs to work on. A lot of the fans though don't want to be a part of the ACC, and it wouldn't be good to have people here who don't want to be here in the league. They feel like it was a snub by the ACC. What happened to Syracuse in 2002 was more of a snub in my view. And the Big Ten taking Rutgers over anyone who consistently competes in athletics is much more of a snub as well. They can talk AAU and Cable Boxes all they want.
Individually naming the presidents of Miami and Boston College is hard for those schools to forget. Maybe with Shalala retiring some Miami bad blood will go away, but BC won't forget as Fr. Leahy is a popular man and the behavior exhibited by UConn fans when they hosted BC in 2003 was so bad that fanbase never will forget.

UConn will never join the ACC as long as Florida State is around unless ND demanded them as 16 which I doubt they would.

I don't know how many more times I can repeat this. The lawsuit had nothing to do with the ACC taking SU and Pitt, and not UConn.

Pitt.

Football.

Western PA.

I don't know how many more times I can repeat this. The lawsuit had nothing to do with the ACC taking SU and Pitt, and not UConn.

Pitt.

Football.

Western PA.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2011/10/09/power-move-acc/eoEsrFHtvEBZD6Y59nFxGM/story.html
BC didn't want UConn and Big XII was sniffing around Pitt. Pitt barely matter in WPA. Their fanbase isn't large its all cult of Joe. Pitt recruits well, but your statement has no evidence. It is your opinion. Which is fine, but it doesn't make it right or wrong unless you can speak for Miami and BC.

You have been an average basketball program the last 5 year that got white hot at the right time twice. Good for you.

Let's go back to 2009 - 3 FF's and 2 NC. Multiple first round NBA players.

Thats better than the entire history of some well known programs.

Last edited:
Why is it that no one wants you? But since you are here and we can't seem to get rid of you, make yourself useful. Let the nitwits on your board know what is happening with our football recruiting. Tell them about how we just got a verbal from Robert Washington. A highly elite running back who has a number of other 4 stars looking at us.

Alsacs said:
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2011/10/09/power-move-acc/eoEsrFHtvEBZD6Y59nFxGM/story.html BC didn't want UConn and Big XII was sniffing around Pitt. Pitt barely matter in WPA. Their fanbase isn't large its all cult of Joe. Pitt recruits well, but your statement has no evidence. It is your opinion. Which is fine, but it doesn't make it right or wrong unless you can speak for Miami and BC.

BC could have not wanted UConn until the cows came home, but if the rest of the membership wanted them then they'd have been invited. You know that the football-centric schools weren't thrilled with a basketball-focused expansion.

Again, western PA. Lots of quality football recruits out there. CT, not so much. And yes, Big 12 exerting some pressure. Choices needed to be made.

A lawsuit filed 8 years prior, where very few of the Presidents and ADs involved still remained, was not a driving factor.

I'm not just spouting opinion. Just because Mark Blaudschun wrote an article doesn't mean he was 100% correct.

BC could have not wanted UConn until the cows came home, but if the rest of the membership wanted them then they'd have been invited. You know that the football-centric schools weren't thrilled with a basketball-focused expansion.

Again, western PA. Lots of quality football recruits out there. CT, not so much. And yes, Big 12 exerting some pressure. Choices needed to be made.

A lawsuit filed 8 years prior, where very few of the Presidents and ADs involved still remained, was not a driving factor.

I'm not just spouting opinion. Just because Mark Blaudschun wrote an article doesn't mean he was 100% correct.
He wasn't 100% correct. That was flipper making himself more powerful than he really was.

Syracuse was he obvious 13th team. We played nice when we got screwed in 2003 and didn't join the dumb lawsuit.

WVU was never getting in because of their fanbase and academics.
USF was never becoming the 3rd FL school in the ACC.
Louisville/Cincinnati still were lower on the totem pole.

That left UConn and Pitt. FSU wanted nothing to do with UConn that left Pitt as the default choice once UConn had a FB problem from FSU/Clemson and bad blood from BC/Miami. By individually naming Shalala and Fr. Leahy UConn lost those schools forever.

Pitt was being sniffed at by the Big XII hat helped as well. UConn will NEVER be in the ACC.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom