Syracusefan.com group for ESPN Fantasy English Premier League | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracusefan.com group for ESPN Fantasy English Premier League

Well, I blew it and procrastinated too long and now I wont be able to sign up in time. Good luck all.

Anyways - COYS!

still have till 9:59 am EST tomorrow to set your roster for the first week ;) . first batch of games kick-off at 10 am EST.

and missing a week isn't a big deal either. can still easily make up the difference over the season

still have till 9:59 am EST tomorrow to set your roster for the first week ;) . first batch of games kick-off at 10 am EST.

and missing a week isn't a big deal either. can still easily make up the difference over the season
I'm headed to NYC for the Yankee game tomorrow and wont have access enough to get a team together in time. Probably will join before week 2 though.

I'm upset about missing the first set of matches but a Yanks/Sox game edges that out. That's what dvrs are for.

You know what I have found annoying with this so far; the last 3 - 4 weeks at least I have had at least 2 players and sometimes 4 players that haven't played any minutes for various reasons. Sometimes it's injury related but not always. I don't know if this is because of ESPN lack of updating the information, EPL probably doesn't provide as much info as NFL/NBA, or both. Just frustrating.

Otherwise this has been a lot of fun so far.

agreed- i also find it odd you can't see your total value go up unless you sell those players via a transfer- its also fun as its quite a horse race still and looks like it will stay that way..

just curious is this a league owner set points system or espn based? just thinking things like successful crosses, passing percentage etc would be a nice addition..

You know what I have found annoying with this so far; the last 3 - 4 weeks at least I have had at least 2 players and sometimes 4 players that haven't played any minutes for various reasons. Sometimes it's injury related but not always. I don't know if this is because of ESPN lack of updating the information, EPL probably doesn't provide as much info as NFL/NBA, or both. Just frustrating.

Otherwise this has been a lot of fun so far.

The best list I've found for injuries is here
http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Also, if you do twitter, each team's official twitter page often releases team/injury news the friday before game weekends. For example, https://twitter.com/MCFC/status/259225774958206976

But yeah, sometimes its unpredictable with who's going to play, like City have so many forwards that play Champions League and international games that there's no telling who is gonna start or get rested. sucks.

agreed- i also find it odd you can't see your total value go up unless you sell those players via a transfer- its also fun as its quite a horse race still and looks like it will stay that way..

just curious is this a league owner set points system or espn based? just thinking things like successful crosses, passing percentage etc would be a nice addition..

I don't play many fantasy games, so not sure I'm understanding your question, but ESPN decided how many points are awarded for each thing, not me.

http://games.espn.go.com/premier-fantasy/en_GB/story?pageName=fc-manager-premier\howtoplay_en_gb
The breakdown is under 'Scoring System' on the above page.

Not a complaint at all, btw. Well, I guess it kind of is, lol but not because it's not fun. I checked twitter friday for my entire lineup and still had 3 starters get zero minutes. Really the only frustrating thing so far.

I don't play many fantasy games, so not sure I'm understanding your question, but ESPN decided how many points are awarded for each thing, not me.

http://games.espn.go.com/premier-fantasy/en_GB/story?pageName=fc-manager-premier\howtoplay_en_gb
The breakdown is under 'Scoring System' on the above page.

cool - i know on some fantasy games- i dont do many - you have the option to choose from what categories are scored- i presumed espn, which is still somewhat of a noob to soccer had defined them.

also q- i spent way too much time doing so but if you sign up for the newsletter for most of the epl clubs you can get email notifications daily etc. thats helped me a bit for everton, mcy and newcastle

Merry Christmas to all at syracusefan!

GiggsXmas.jpg

Segment 1 of the game has come to an end.

Our teams will be reset shortly, as will our salary caps (back to $100M), and we will have to re-select our 15 man squads after ESPN adjusts player values based on their performance from the first half of the season.

From ESPN: "Revised player values for Segment 2 are being set and will be announced Tuesday, Jan. 8. This will mean a short window of four days for managers to select their new 15-player rosters before the first kick-off Jan. 12"
(you will have until 7:44 am Eastern on January 12th, specifically, to pick your new team)

You are given 20 transfers again once Segment 2 starts to use as you see fit over this 17 game week segment.

This is also a good time for anyone new to join. A separate score is kept for Segment 2 for reference so late joiners would in that sense start even with everyone else.

Tried to keep this somewhat short so ask about anything if you have questions.

ESPN has switched the game over to Segment 2 and you can now pick your team for the second segment.

You have until this weekend's games (7:44 am Eastern on Saturday, January 12th) to set a full roster in order to get points for the first week.

I'll post a final reminder sometime Friday.

Realized that QPR v. Tottenham kicks off at 7:45 am Eastern. So you have until 7:44 am on Saturday to pick your team. I edited the above posts to show the correct time. My b.

Only a handful of the group picked new teams for the start of the second segment last week. If you are still interested in picking up with the second half of the game, the next deadline to have a full team selected is 9:59 am ET tomorrow morning.

Cheers

hey - whats the quickest place to check match starting lineups.. i usually try checking each teams website but didnt have the time this week and had two guys who were sitting..

hey - whats the quickest place to check match starting lineups.. i usually try checking each teams website but didnt have the time this week and had two guys who were sitting..

I think checking the team's website/official twitter is usually the best way to go.

I've heard that some of the British newspapers put out their best guess for each team's starting eleven on each game day in print and on their website. I will try to look and find an example for you.

ESPN can be helpful at times, too. If you go to Soccer > Premier League; and then click fixtures, from the ESPN home page, then select a specific match up, It'll take you to something kind of like a Gamecast. ESPN is usually pretty good with updating this area around 1 hour before each game kicks off with the line ups for each team. I know that doesn't help when there is an early game on the weekend, because the game will have locked by the time the other game's line ups are out.

Hope this helped a bit and maybe some else will have a better answer.

I think checking the team's website/official twitter is usually the best way to go.

I've heard that some of the British newspapers put out their best guess for each team's starting eleven on each game day in print and on their website. I will try to look and find an example for you.

ESPN can be helpful at times, too. If you go to Soccer > Premier League; and then click fixtures, from the ESPN home page, then select a specific match up, It'll take you to something kind of like a Gamecast. ESPN is usually pretty good with updating this area around 1 hour before each game kicks off with the line ups for each team. I know that doesn't help when there is an early game on the weekend, because the game will have locked by the time the other game's line ups are out.

Hope this helped a bit and maybe some else will have a better answer.

Awesome thanks a bunch! - I guess Im spoiled as US Fantasy leagues have so much information out there it hits you before you can search for it.

Awesome thanks a bunch! - I guess Im spoiled as US Fantasy leagues have so much information out there it hits you before you can search for it.

look what I found for ya.

http://fantasypremierleaguetransfers.com/predicted-starting-xi/

hasn't been updated yet for next week but they prob keep up on it.

I googled "barclays premier league predicted starting line ups" in case you wanna check out any of the other search results.

Looks like there are def some websites out there pretty dedicated to covering fantasy soccer.

look what I found for ya.

http://fantasypremierleaguetransfers.com/predicted-starting-xi/

hasn't been updated yet for next week but they prob keep up on it.

I googled "barclays premier league predicted starting line ups" in case you wanna check out any of the other search results.

Looks like there are def some websites out there pretty dedicated to covering fantasy soccer.

A very delayed thanks ! My espn account ( of all accounts) got hacked and I couldn't get in for like two months so my team pretty much sat there to rot... by the time I got access back it was too late.

Congrats to ROCcuse for thoroughly kicking the crap out of us in the fantasy EPL league. See you next season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom