Syracusefan.com group for ESPN Fantasy English Premier League | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Syracusefan.com group for ESPN Fantasy English Premier League

Congrats to ROCcuse for thoroughly kicking the crap out of us in the fantasy EPL league. See you next season.

You and bees are in a tight one for second.

Let me know what y'all like and didn't like about how ESPN runs their league (rules, scoring, etc.). I'll compile it and send the fantasy soccer support an email. They really do listen to feedback. For instance, last season the game was a mess and you wouldn't even be able keep the profits you're players made when you sell them on. But at the same time, you would lose money if the player went down . . . :crazy: Thankfully they made the adjustment.

You and bees are in a tight one for second.

Wasn't me. Was my kid.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Game is back up for the 2013/14 season! Please see and use new thread.
Link to game home page:
http://games.espn.go.com/premier-fantasy/2014/en/game
If you were in the group last year, one of the first steps asks you if you would like to re-join any of your groups from last year - DO IT!
Group Name: Syracusefan.com
Password: Orangemen
Season starts August 17th
Done!

Sweet. Guess I'm gonna have to bump that thread a couple times. Think I'm just a little too eager for the season to begin haha.

I'm in. Worth bumping the thread as well.

Hoping to pay more attention and compete this year.

i am mulling it over- got busy last year and it killed me.

i am mulling it over- got busy last year and it killed me.

Worst thing that could happen is you forget about it. Nothing to lose really. Last year I was in 3rd after the first segment then got 0 points the rest of the way.

Thought I read that too. You can re-adjust your roster every week though, right? So if that happens you could theoretically go in and make adjustments? The only thing with this type of format is that I would imagine many of us have similar looking rosters, especially at the forward position. I guess that will make your midfield and defender players + goalie even that much more important.

--> Should be fun, looking forward to it.

I think you get 20 roster moves in the first half of the season. You have unlimited transfers in the second half of the season.

I think it was 20-20 per segment last season. But this year they adjusted the rules and we will have 30 each segment. Think that makes sense with the amount of players that still move around until the transfer windows close.

http://games.espn.go.com/premier-fantasy/2014/en/story?pageName=fc-manager-premier\howtoplay
under "Transfers"

Yes, I think you're right, but I think there are a couple windows (Dec-Jan?) where your team gets locked for a few games, but then you get unlimited transfers. Or maybe I was just hallucinating again.

Yes, I think you're right, but I think there are a couple windows (Dec-Jan?) where your team gets locked for a few games, but then you get unlimited transfers. Or maybe I was just hallucinating again.

Oh yeah, you are right about that, I misunderstood your post I think.

Your roster resets after January 1st (GW 20). Then in that time you have unlimited moves to set your squad until the next game week (Jan. 11).

Group is looking good at 15 strong.

Just a reminder for everyone to select and save an initial 15-player team by this Saturday 8/17 ~7:40 am. Liverpool v. Stoke City kick off at 7:45 am Eastern on Saturday, so the game and your roster will lock shortly before this. If you don't have a full team saved by this time, you won't get any points for the first week.

And for anyone who still wants to join
Game Home Link:
http://games.espn.go.com/premier-fantasy/2014/en_GB/game

Group Name: Syracusefan.com
Password: Orangemen

Direct group link:
http://games.espn.go.com/premier-fantasy/2014/en_GB/group?groupID=311

Oh yeah, you are right about that, I misunderstood your post I think.

Your roster resets after January 1st (GW 20). Then in that time you have unlimited moves to set your squad until the next game week (Jan. 11).

I may also be mistaken about this, but I seem to recall that when you get that stretch of 2 games a week in the BPL around the holidays (that 4 game holiday stretch), I don't think any transfers were permitted during that period last year. Then they have their open transfer period and then it becomes 20 left until the end of the season in May. That's how I seem to remember it, but I kind of zoned out on it a couple times, which hurt me badly in the standings.

I got stuck with a few injured players when I stopped checking a couple times during the season. When I was paying attention to my roster, I did really well - top 3 or 4 I think. But I had a few really crappy weeks when I wasn't paying attention and left some injured guys in my lineup. Won't happen again this year, I promise you. LOL

In my defense, that was the first time I ever played in any kind of fantasy league, so it was a learning experience.

Another think I learned, which I probably shouldn't be sharing in terms of strategy, but it's a really long season, and you can use up your 20 transfers in a hurry chasing the "hot player" of the moment.

By the way, they're going to have a Champions League fantasy league on ESPN.com once the draw is set. We ought to do a group for that, too.

I may also be mistaken about this, but I seem to recall that when you get that stretch of 2 games a week in the BPL around the holidays (that 4 game holiday stretch), I don't think any transfers were permitted during that period last year. Then they have their open transfer period and then it becomes 20 left until the end of the season in May. That's how I seem to remember it, but I kind of zoned out on it a couple times, which hurt me badly in the standings.

I got stuck with a few injured players when I stopped checking a couple times during the season. When I was paying attention to my roster, I did really well - top 3 or 4 I think. But I had a few really crappy weeks when I wasn't paying attention and left some injured guys in my lineup. Won't happen again this year, I promise you. LOL

In my defense, that was the first time I ever played in any kind of fantasy league, so it was a learning experience.

Another think I learned, which I probably shouldn't be sharing in terms of strategy, but it's a really long season, and you can use up your 20 transfers in a hurry chasing the "hot player" of the moment.

I think you are mistaken about the top bolded part. I'm pretty sure the holiday period is just about at the end of the first segment and has no restrictions on it. So maybe you had done the bottom bolded portion and had just used up your 20 by then lol.

I've heard about the ESPN UCL fantasy game with kind of the same format as this but have never been able to find it. All I could find in past years was the Champions League Pick 'Em game where you pick the winner of each match throughout the whole thing, kind of like a bracket I guess. But I didn't really have any interest in doing something like that. I'll watch out for it though.[/quote]

Elbow-Biting-Suarez-353x480.jpg

Its going to be nice watching these games in real HD, instead of Fox Soccer's crappy excuse for it.

Damn I didn't have time this week to set my lineup. Can I just get in next week or do you have to be in from opening day?

Damn I didn't have time this week to set my lineup. Can I just get in next week or do you have to be in from opening day?

You can join in at any time so just set it before next week's first kick-off, ~ 7:45 am Saturday again and you'll be all set. :)

Why are you on the bench Santi Cazorla!? Kudos to those who had Sturridge. I'm riding with Benteke, Altidore, and RVP

Why are you on the bench Santi Cazorla!? Kudos to those who had Sturridge. I'm riding with Benteke, Altidore, and RVP

Surprising nobody, I do in fact have Sturridge on my team.

crap can i join for next week? i had to rush back to the office yesterday afternoon after planning on doing my team right up to the deadline- on a side note how does jozy look today

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom