Terry Lockett transferring to James Madison | Syracusefan.com

Terry Lockett transferring to James Madison

So - does he play in the bowl game still, or no?

Hope that, IF Fran & ERob wanna keep him, that they can.
And if not, that we can replace him with an even more talented option.
We know they can do that.

'Tis the season... :confused:

I really like Terry. I don’t think he is a great fit in the 3-3-5. He wasn’t violent enough over center. Ingraham and Darton were much better. They tried Terry at end but he was a little to slow to set the edge or rush the passer. Defensive tackle in a four man front would be best for him, IMO. Best of luck to him.

Yeah, that's unfortunate but a reality. With all we are bringing in, some guys might want to get ahead of the curve and get a place to go as soon as they can. I hope he finds a good spot.

That’s too bad. He’s a good player but probably sees the writing on the wall. I think Jobity passed him by the end of the year and the new players

Jobity didn't jump him....and Long move him outside, he was not a DE. Certainly not a pass rushing DEnd.

Lockett just seemed a step slow this season. I think that injury the pervious season still lingered
Yeah he didn't seem the same for sure.

Kid has been a two deep line guy and starter since he stepped on campus so I think any spin here is ridiculous. But LONG moved him outside to DEnd. IDK what scheme suits him best; 335, 4-3 ? He's not a pass rushing DEnd; inside DT in 4-3? You don't want to lose starters off the DLine imo, I loved his motor man he was always getting after it.

Kid has been a two deep line guy and starter since he stepped on campus so I think any spin here is ridiculous. But LONG moved him outside to DEnd. IDK what scheme suits him best; 335, 4-3 ? He's not a pass rushing DEnd; inside DT in 4-3? You don't want to lose starters off the DLine imo, I loved his motor man he was always getting after it.

The prospect of replacing him with a higher rated DL prospect isn't "spin."

I'm more concerned about this for bowl game implications, not next year. It's unfortunate, but every open scholarship is an opportunity to enhance the talent base with a staff that recruits like this new one can.

I'm more concerned about this for bowl game implications, not next year. It's unfortunate, but every open scholarship is an opportunity to enhance the talent base with a staff that recruits like this new one can.
Yeah bigger concern for bowl games in my opinion too. I'm not going to freak out on any movement on the DL. There's a ton of available options in the portal and it looks like we're on the verge of landing a pretty big one soon.

I'm more concerned about this for bowl game implications, not next year. It's unfortunate, but every open scholarship is an opportunity to enhance the talent base with a staff that recruits like this new one

Darton is going to have to be Superman one more time in Orange :)

Under previous regimes, this loss would've upset me more. Under Coach Brown and Company, I view it as another open scholarship to fill, and another chance to improve the overall quality of players on the team. Best of luck, Terry. In Fran I Trust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom