Terry Lockett transferring to James Madison | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Terry Lockett transferring to James Madison

Another questionable decision by Dino. Such a limited role to burn a potential redshirt.
Dino was coaching for his job so I don't blame him too much. At the time I was also hoping we'd win more games and retain Babers as well. Perry was used more initially in the season but once we switched the offensive scheme up, Perry wasn't really in much of the game plan after that. Turned out to be even more of a waste.

I assume the fact Perry was playing fullback lessened the possibility for him to show up on the defensive side. Certainly wouldn't expect him to be proficient learning both sides of the ball as a freshman. Excited for Perry to focus on defense moving forward. Still think the future is very bright for him. Could definitely play a significant role next year.

Who's taking Caleb O's spot and Darton's spot ?

I don't think Lockett was given the talk but that's my opinion.

Anyhow onward and upward, here's where we are currently at:

Inside guys
Kevon Darton (senior walk might not return) 5-11 271
Braylen Ingraham 6-4 301
Elijah Fuentes Cundiff 6-4 280
Rahard Perry 6-3 278 soph - token snaps
Ty Gordon 6-1 273 redshirt freshman hasn't played

Ends
Diggs 6-4 255 sr (tamu transfer)
Chad Simmons 6-4 235
Jaquez (2nd season ending injury in a row) 6-4 255
Kevin Jobity 6-4 263

Not sure where projected

Jalil Smith 6-5 266 redshirt freshman has not played

Incoming recruits (has McMorris confirmed?) all DEnds
Tristen Graham 6-2 235
Jahide Lesaine 6-4 215
David McMorris 6-2 255
That is a pretty small defensive line. Look at Texas A&Ms DL 2 deep this year:

DE: 290 lbs, 285 lbs
DT: 325 lbs, 320 lbs
DT: 290 lbs, 325 lbs
DE: 260 lbs, 265 lbs

I think the DL will be upgraded.

IMG_9196.jpeg

Kid has been a two deep line guy and starter since he stepped on campus so I think any spin here is ridiculous. But LONG moved him outside to DEnd. IDK what scheme suits him best; 335, 4-3 ? He's not a pass rushing DEnd; inside DT in 4-3? You don't want to lose starters off the DLine imo, I loved his motor man he was always getting after it.
Tough loss. Experienced DL at the D1 level are hard to find. Not a position you can be thin at.

Glad he’s getting a ton of options. He has a chance to revamp his career on a new team. Hopefully a place where he can play and win.
His high school coach is on staff and an important recruiter at UMass. I'm no insider but there has been some buzz from UMass people. Hope it is true. Marcus Bradley is a four star DL that transferred there from Vanderbilt and has had some real success so the path is there. Really hoping he decides to come home.

He would play but not so sure about the winning

His high school coach is on staff and an important recruiter at UMass. I'm no insider but there has been some buzz from UMass people. Hope it is true. Marcus Bradley is a four star DL that transferred there from Vanderbilt and has had some real success so the path is there. Really hoping he decides to come home.

He would play but not so sure about the winning
Thanks for the insight

In the NIL/transfer portal/more early NFL entries world, I'm less worried about burning redshirts than ever before.

The odds of having a good/productive player on your roster for 5 years seems like...

09a5d985-db3a-4dd1-a492-78170872950c_text.gif

Last edited:
In the NIL/transfer portal/more early NFL entries world, I'm less worried about burning redshirts than ever before.

The odds of having a good/productive player on your roster for 5 years seems like...

09a5d985-db3a-4dd1-a492-78170872950c_text.gif

If you're going to burn his RS playing him in the DL rotation, fine. To do it for an occasional goal line FB is my problem with it

If you're going to burn his RS playing him in the DL rotation, fine. To do it for an occasional goal line FB is my problem with it

I never was thrilled with him burning the redshirt to be a part time blocker but I do believe it was his call to do it.

Players have the ability to move every year, perhaps seven twice, without sitting out. And kids want to play. Totally fine with it.

Players have the ability to move every year, perhaps seven twice, without sitting out. And kids want to play. Totally fine with it.
I'd be fine with it too if he got more run at the position he's here to play.

I really liked TL's game and he picked us over Michigan. Good luck to him.

So far we've only had 3 players portal >=

Wilson - Houston
Lowery - Wisconsin
Thompson - TBD

The rest, Kent St, JMU, D1AA and D2 and some of the recruits we've parted with went Kent St and D1AA as well. So far we've had a net gain by a large margin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom