Thamel gives some names | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Thamel gives some names

Does anyone else not really care who we hire?

By that I mean there's so much randomness I feel like any coach could succeed or fail and it might not have anything to do with them.

Screenshot_2023-11-24-00-22-30-54_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Does anyone else not really care who we hire?

By that I mean there's so much randomness I feel like any coach could succeed or fail and it might not have anything to do with them.
Pretty much yes

All the leading candidates are fine to me.

The new coach building out his staff is critical...we need super motivated and P4 worthy coaches.

The fans will need to pack the Dome next year to create an imposing environment.

SU and the whales need to do their part to ensure the head coach has a chance.

Pretty much yes

The new coach building out his staff is critical...we need super motivated and P4 worthy coaches.

The fans will need to pack the Dome next year to create an imposing environment.

Let's add SU will be charging more for season tickets along with the reworking of the seats.

Most likely yes.

Less seats should theoretically increase the demand.

The $99 and $125 seats could go up 30% and still be pretty good deals.
While most of us understand that, it’s going to be a hard sell to the general public potentials, as well as the finicky existing ticket holders.

While most of us understand that, it’s going to be a hard sell to the general public potentials, as well as the finicky existing ticket holders.

This is why the university needs to pony up for a name hire. Wildhack wants returns on his investments. They can’t have these seats stay empty and all that investment go wasted. The only way to sell tickets next year is off the reputation of a coach who hasn’t even coached a game yet. The prime affect

Many of those fans will never be happy unless you give them $10 tickets, seats on the aisle between the 30s and $5 parking steps away along with 8+ win seasons playing Top 25 teams every home game.

With 6-7000 less seats scarcity will kick in...some will get FOMO and some will grumble and won't come back. Frankly I want fans who are invested in the team and not situational fans.

This is why the university needs to pony up for a name hire. Wildhack wants returns on his investments. They can’t have these seats stay empty and all that investment go wasted. The only way to sell tickets next year is off the reputation of a coach who hasn’t even coached a game yet. The prime affect
Agreed however winning keeps them there after September. Many are Big Event Bandwagon types.

We'll know who the dedicated fans are by November.

BTW, it is so much harder for families with kids in youth sports to make games. These travel teams are obnoxious with weekend tournaments throughout the eastern time zone.

Agreed however winning keeps them there after September.

Of course you have to win that goes without saying.

Hire a guy like Chesney and you’re not going to sell one advance ticket. The Dome stays empty while everyone takes a wait and see approach.

Hire a guy like Mullen and suddenly you’re selling out sections before August.

Agreed however winning keeps them there after September. Many are Big Event Bandwagon types.

We'll know who the dedicated fans are by November.

BTW, it is so much harder for families with kids in youth sports to make games. These travel teams are obnoxious with weekend tournaments throughout the eastern time zone.
Really is. I'm thankful my son isn't involved in fall sports, and prefers being a diehard fan - he's getting a headstart on his 20s.

I'm optimistic that fewer seats will drive demand. Plus a better environment. Will be hard for people to complain about the Dome. It'll be a great venue and the best in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic for football in my opinion.

Of course you have to win that goes without saying.

Hire a guy like Chesney and you’re not going to sell one advance ticket. The Dome stays empty while everyone takes a wait and see approach.

Hire a guy like Mullen and suddenly you’re selling out sections before August.
Does casuals know Dan Mullin? I know they don’t know Chesney but it’s not a named guy.

We can ATD at this point. It’s all relative to who we were courting. Al Golden is about as exciting as a merry go round
If we can’t pull off Mullen I hope it’s Chaney. White isn’t the guy you want at this juncture for the program IMHO.

Pretty much yes

So it's officially a Power 4 now?

I don't think anyone who was not already going to buy tickets for SU football games will do so because of any one of the names that have been mentioned. They will do so to check out the Dome improvements and see how the new coach, whoever he is, does. To keep them coming the new guy will have to win games - including games we think Dino would have lost. It's not the names. it's the wins.

Last edited:
Does casuals know Dan Mullin? I know they don’t know Chesney but it’s not a named guy.
If you have watched a football game on ESPN during the week then you know who he is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom