Thamel gives some names | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Thamel gives some names

Other than he has spent most of his career in the Midwest, I wonder why Jerry Kill is not being mentioned. He is the turnaround king. All of his last four schools he's been a head coach at, he's turned our within three years Hell, New Mexico State, where he coaches now and was the worst FBS school in the nation 3-4 years ago, is now 9-3 with a beatdown of Auburn last weekend.

Other than he has spent most of his career in the Midwest, I wonder why Jerry Kill is not being mentioned. He is the turnaround king. All of his last four schools he's been a head coach at, he's turned our within three years Hell, New Mexico State, where he coaches now and was the worst FBS school in the nation 3-4 years ago, is now 9-3 with a beatdown of Auburn last weekend.
Maybe his health and lack of NE ties? Dude is a hell of a coach, but his health has to be of concern

I know which blows my mind.

Recruiting at Miami isn’t as easy as it was. They play in a stadium 40 minutes from campus. The fanbase isn’t what it once was. Georgia and Alabama being elite hurts them as well.

Recruiting at Miami isn’t as easy as it was. They play in a stadium 40 minutes from campus. The fanbase isn’t what it once was. Georgia and Alabama being elite hurts them as well.
There definitely was a paradigm shift that people seem to be selectively overlooking.

If he's not worried about it, I'm not worried about it. Not sure why anyone else would be.
Because he has missed a lot of time before as a result. Even if he isn’t worried it doesn’t mean it isn’t a worry. I don’t mean that in any callous way, you just have to feel confident that you will have your coach on the sideline for 12(13) games

Because he has missed a lot of time before as a result. Even if he isn’t worried it doesn’t mean it isn’t a worry. I don’t mean that in any callous way, you just have to feel confident that you will have your coach on the sideline for 12(13) games

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he missed a few games with Minnesota when his condition got bad (or he didn't take his medicine), then decided to "retire". Since he's been back, it's been much less of an issue. Why does NMSU not see this as a big issue? The guy has a proven record of success no matter his health issue.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he missed a few games with Minnesota when his condition got bad (or he didn't take his medicine), then decided to "retire". Since he's been back, it's been much less of an issue. Why does NMSU not see this as a big issue? The guy has a proven record of success no matter his health issue.
I don’t get the impression that NMSU is the easiest place to hire a quality head football coach to so they’re probably more willing to take a gamble than others to get a quality HC.

Not sure if he missed any games but he missed some practices in Sept

I don’t get the impression that NMSU is the easiest place to hire a quality head football coach to so they’re probably more willing to take a gamble than others to get a quality HC.
Las Cruces is actually a pretty neat city...but it is super remote. Best time to visit is April...I loved walking around Mesilla.

And we are?

And they're 9-3. I can live with a few missed practices and even a game or two for 9-3
He's a hell of a coach. But to go with your philosophy "if he's not worried about it, then I'm not worried about it" is absurd based on his history. I don't think it should rule him out by any means, but you can't just ignore it.

He's a hell of a coach. But to go with your philosophy "if he's not worried about it, then I'm not worried about it" is absurd based on his history. I don't think it should rule him out by any means, but you can't just ignore it.

Live and let live. If he wants to coach and is good at it, I don't really care what his medical condition is. We can always find workarounds when something comes up. We bring up missing a game, well, you know Babers is missing the last game of the season (and he was offered to coach it). We don't seem to worried about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom