Thamel gives some names | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Thamel gives some names

Next years schedule better win 8-9 games.

That's what we should have won this year. If we don't do it next year, you know what will happen? We'll try to win as many games as can the year after that.

Bronco is a Mormon no? Is Syracuse a community that caters to this? Curious why a 57 year old man who walked away from Virginia is coming to SU after they fired the guy who employed some of his former assistants.

It seems illogical to me. We need new. This feels like a Dino remodel

CNY has a pretty large place in LDS history.

There are LDS churches in Syracuse, Liverpool, Manlius, etc.

Dude went to UVA for several years.
Syracuse isn’t less Mormon than Charlottesville.

But I don’t disagree with your point that it seems like it would keeping the band together, sans Dino.

Maybe this will be like firing Pete Best, and hiring Ringo? ;)

Bronco is a Mormon no? Is Syracuse a community that caters to this? Curious why a 57 year old man who walked away from Virginia is coming to SU after they fired the guy who employed some of his former assistants.

It seems illogical to me. We need new. This feels like a Dino remodel

I'm not religious and it didn't bother me that Dino - or Coach Mac was. Both were good guys and if they won, they are fine with me.

Bronco is a Mormon no? Is Syracuse a community that caters to this?

Yup, the Syracuse congregation (which in the LDS faith are called wards, and is the one I grew up in) has a church very close to campus, with several others in the area, to say nothing of all the religion's historical sites an hour or so west of Syracuse in Palmyra.

I’m past the point where I’d be adamant about a candidate either way. The more I learn, the less I think i know.

I’d be excited about any of Mullen, Chesney, Candle, Mendenhall, Cignetti. I’m not sure on Golden.

Maybe we all get blindsided with a candidate not even on the radar. I’m just ready for something fresh. Hopefully someone that likes to score a ton of points. Points are fun. And winning is fun. Yeah, somebody who scores more points than the other team regularly, that’s the ticket.

Is 57 too old? Dino was 57 in 2018. Coach Mac was 57 in 1987.
If there was a choice between Tony white and bronco I’d pick Tony white because he is younger and it won’t be a massive exodus of players…I also know I said I didn’t want Tony white as head coach because he doesn’t have head coaching experience but if so think he might connect better with the players we currently have. Who knows what will happen

Dude went to UVA for several years.
Syracuse isn’t less Mormon than Charlottesville.

But I don’t disagree with your point that it seems like it would keeping the band together, sans Dino.

Maybe this will be like firing Pete Best, and hiring Ringo? ;)
Plus, Syracuse is a little over an hour away from Hill Cumorah, the birthplace of LDS.

In a power 5 conference last I checked.

Are you telling me we haven't taken a gamble on our last four coaches? Are you telling me that Syracuse is a hot spot for coaching? Have you heard the national narrative. Being in a Power 5 has done nothing for us.

Recruiting at Miami isn’t as easy as it was. They play in a stadium 40 minutes from campus. The fanbase isn’t what it once was. Georgia and Alabama being elite hurts them as well.
UCF, USF, FAU, and FIU's emergence has also hurt them.

I think Bronco ends up at Oregon State.

The No show games were an issue with Dino but the bigger issue IMO was his HS O recruiting. Lack of quality QBs, WRs, OL. How does just swapping Bronco (D guy) for Dino fix that?

I think Bronco is a good coach but not sure he even cracks my Top 10. And as someone else mentioned if we just swapping the HC give me White.

I’m past the point where I’d be adamant about a candidate either way. The more I learn, the less I think i know.

I’d be excited about any of Mullen, Chesney, Candle, Mendenhall, Cignetti. I’m not sure on Golden.

Maybe we all get blindsided with a candidate not even on the radar. I’m just ready for something fresh. Hopefully someone that likes to score a ton of points. Points are fun. And winning is fun. Yeah, somebody who scores more points than the other team regularly, that’s the ticket.

Average scoring under Scott Shafer: 22.35 points. :(
Average scoring under Dino Babers: 26.79 points. :)
Average scoring for an FBS team, 2013-2023: 27.60 points. :confused:

Last edited:
Average scoring under Scott Shafer: 22.35 points. :(
Average scoring under Dino Babers: 26.79 points. :)
Average scoring for a FBS team, 2013-2023: 27.60 points. :confused:
Is there a way to find average scoring vs. league opponents?

We are in a different stratosphere compared to NMSU.

I'm not sure what that has to do with a coach that has been the head coach of a Big Ten school and has a history of turning around programs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom