Thamel gives some names | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Thamel gives some names

I would feel any type of success here White would bolt for what would be perceived as a better job as soon as he could. He has already proved he would do that. No concern about that?
I actually don't have any worries about that. If he does well and leaves, so be it. The doing well part is the important part. Oh, if it is White, we need to make the hiring public as soon as possible. No need to drag it out if he is the guy.

It was working at UVa. Bronco reportedly quit either because they didn't come through with promised facilities or he wouldn't fire the DC (who really needed to go) out of loyalty for following him from Provo.
Interesting, I had wrongly assumed it was mutual parting/resigning

I would feel any type of success here White would bolt for what would be perceived as a better job as soon as he could. He has already proved he would do that. No concern about that?

Nope.

We’re not hiring a SCOTUS justice for a lifetime appointment.

A program like Cincinnati has had many coaches move on to ‘better’ gigs, and kept right on chugging along.

Dunno why we couldn’t do that.

Yeah, maybe he is good. But I have no way of knowing that. It looks like he is a guy that JW knows. And respects. And that as always with JW, is the deciding factor rather than doa real search.
We already have evidence of how JW operates as you note

If anything, I’m all for going meathead and recruiting big uglys upfront, playing extremely disciplined physical football again. The spreads been somewhat figured out. We had a chance to beat Georgia tech yesterday if the team was more disciplined.

Sounds just like AA hire. "They did a national search before letting go of JAB and decided to go with AA" "They did a national search before letting go of Dino and decided to go with White"

The biggest thing here is the use of the word National Search. No way they did a true national search and without any interviews just have hired White just like they did with AA.
Totally different.

Boeheim built the program and was/is a fixture. He didn’t want to go. Staying within was the only way not to declare war.

Babers was fired. Not an alum. Not a community fixture. And White is not on the current staff.

Actually…there is very little in common.

As could a White hire. He could in theory keep Beck, NC and Long.
I think that has to be part of the thinking and rationale. If you go with someone like Golden you are totally staring over

Intriguing in what way, exactly?
Who he would bring with him from portal, who he would fill his staff with, if he would keep anyone on staff currently.

He would be hungry and eager to prove he earned his shot.

What systems he would use, what alums and donors would think, etc

Last edited:
Heard a rumor that would make the Chris Ash thread look like a blip on the screen. Won’t post it to save my source, but good God it would be horrible.
Jeesh I can’t imagine who could be at that level…. Addazio?

Zero interest in Marone. He was here and moved on. We need to look forward. He is not the only guy out there that can help build an oline . Would prefer other names on the list.
We bought in to Dream Job scenario and he bolted first chance he got. If we hired him again and helped him resurrected his career what makes us think the Miracle Worker" would not bolt again.

I think that has to be part of the thinking and rationale. If you go with someone like Golden you are totally staring over

If they want to keep everything the same or as much of it as possible (coaches,players,etc) then JW is saying loudly that Dino was the problem and the only problem in his eyes.

That’s not the style any kid wants to play in
Ummmm if you haven’t noticed. The 4 and 5 stars aren’t lining up at the door to come here. We are going to win by out scheming people and excellent development with coaching. Which is why we need to be DISCIPLINED. I am so sick of the penalties. Dino would’ve won a lot more games if he had that figured out.

Um turn two lousy defenses into very good ones
I haven't said he was a good defensive coach. There are a number of them that haven't showed that they deserve a Head Coaching job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom