Thamel gives some names | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Thamel gives some names

Heard a rumor that would make the Chris Ash thread look like a blip on the screen. Won’t post it to save my source, but good God it would be horrible.
Let me guess….must be one of Rob Konrad’s HC suggestions correct? Assuming Coach P isn’t it, I’ll guess Kevin Rogers and he hires Nunes as his OC?

We bought in to Dream Job scenario and he bolted first chance he got. If we hired him again and helped him resurrected his career what makes us think the Miracle Worker" would not bolt again.
I don't hold that against him or anyone else. That is the least of my reservations about Doug. If we hire someone and they turn out great and leave, so be it. Kelly left ND. That's life.

Who he would bring with him from portal, who he would fill his staff with, if he would keep anyone on staff currently.

He would be hungry and eager to prove he earned his shot.
But how has he earned his shot? He has NO coordinator experience in his career, and you want him as the head coach?

Also, every coach is intriguing if these are your criteria. He's not bringing Georgia's best players in the portal

I think that has to be part of the thinking and rationale. If you go with someone like Golden you are totally staring over
It could also speak to the fact that maybe JW viewed Dino as the primary problem - but that JW actually thinks highly of his some of his staff (and ex-staff in TW) and would like to "keep the band together" under different, hopefully improved leadership.

The big question to me is Beck. I want to think he’s the guys but I can’t tell if he was held back by Dino or what. The oline sitch needs a complete overhaul but there is some talent there on O. I think Nunzio as interim is tellimg
I cant conveniently say Dino held him back. To me that's like saying the offense was successful because Dino got involved. There is no proof of running a highly effective offense on his own.

But how has he earned his shot? He has NO coordinator experience in his career, and you want him as the head coach?

Also, every coach is intriguing if these are your criteria. He's not bringing Georgia's best players in the portal
No I said he was intriguing name

Personally I wanted Mullen Or Chesney

Wouldn't be mad at Marrone

Could talk myself into Golden

I cant conveniently say Dino held him back. To me that's like saying the offense was successful because Dino got involved. There is no proof of running a highly effective offense on his own.
Yeah that’s why I think the jury is out on Beck

Candle consistently does less with by far the most resources and talent in the MAC. He would fail here. Pass.

Bronco would be incredible. Hopefully Beck and Anae have good things to say about Cuse.
How so? Candle has never had a losing season, is 42-19 in conference and is on track for a third conference championship in 8 seasons.

No. Probably won't bring GA guys from the portal. But he's a Jersey guy. Might help recruit that area.

Uh no. Keen use of portal. I live here. These kids aren’t local. We have a better gig. Better league. Unique home environment We r the only game in town. perfect weather for 7 games. light up the dome make them defend the whole field.
Cig has been and in my opinion is the best available coach.

I would really like to hear what Beck would do differently if he had full control of the offense. Would he have recruited Sharder or would he look for a QB that is pass first instead of run first.

Hiring a defense coach I have so many questions about the offense. Kids dont want to play meathead grind it out ground and pound football to get to 6-6 like BC did. So what kind of offense are we going to run and what kind of QBs are we going to be look at.

Maybe Thamel is just throwing darts at the board, who knows.

But him putting Marrone on the list and keeping Mullen off, tells me that he probably knows Marrone has kept the door somewhat open, and Mullen has closed it to stick with his TV gig.
Or take the Mississippi state job

No. Probably won't bring GA guys from the portal. But he's a Jersey guy. Might help recruit that area.

Yeah, that’s why you hire him as a head recruiter and give him some other fancy title. Not the HC. My god.

I like the Many Diaz, Al Golden type route. I wouldn’t necessarily Miami against either of them. Who has been super successful at Miami the last couple of decades? They have their own set of problems. But, two guys who’ve been head coaches, who are DCs at the very top of the sport, and can both recruit the northeast, New Jersey, and south Florida, and both know the ACC. I’d take either.

What is the website that lists scuttlebutt about college football coaches / assistant coaches?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom