Thamel gives some names | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Thamel gives some names

Zero chance it’s an nfl guy. You can’t give up an entire recruiting class. That would set us back years and probably something a staff couldn’t recover from.
You are so wrong, there are many ways all of that can be handled and we wouldn’t lose any recruits or portal transfers we are interested in and where there is mutual interest. Plus a good NFL coach can bring in players we haven’t been able to attract in the recent past. The best players want into the NFL. These coaches know how to coach NFL caliber players, both the Eagles and The Tampa Bay coaches!

You are so wrong, there are many ways all of that can be handled and we wouldn’t lose any recruits or portal transfers we are interested in and where there is mutual interest. Plus a good NFL coach can bring in players we haven’t been able to attract in the recent past. The best players want into the NFL. These coaches know how to coach NFL caliber players, both the Eagles and The Tampa Bay coaches!
How could it be handled that we wouldn't lose recruits or portal transfers? You think Stoudtland could fly around the country to visit kids and convince them to keep their commitments while he's coaching the Eagles through a playoff run? Or that he's going to have time to watch two sets of game tape for recruiting? Or that just sending assistants to recruit kids that are thinking of flipping is good enough at this stage in the game?

How could it be handled that we wouldn't lose recruits or portal transfers? You think Stoudtland could fly around the country to visit kids and convince them to keep their commitments while he's coaching the Eagles through a playoff run? Or that he's going to have time to watch two sets of game tape for recruiting? Or that just sending assistants to recruit kids that are thinking of flipping is good enough at this stage in the game?
He can get his staff to do it. Whomever that may be.

If he is the guy ADJW wants, then there are ways to handle the transition and not lose recruits and get the types of players we want from the portal. A current NFL coach like him brings a lot of cache with him. The best players want to be prepared for the league and who better to know what is necessary for success in that environment than a very successful NFL coach with previous college coaching experience?
He can still coach Philly and talk and communicate with recruits for SU. He can also retain a few of the current coaches and use them as the front. Its not optimal but it could be done

We would be waiting till Feb with the Eagles potentially. Zero point zero chance of that happening.

If its an NFL guy they have to be ready to give two weeks, two weeks ago. This isn't a job for the faint of heart.
I would be willing to wait if JW in fact thinks he is the guy to bring us back. One class isnt worth trading your future for.

He can get his staff to do it. Whomever that may be.
If I was a highly sought after TE recruit, and an assistant came to my house to tell me I should stick with SU after other staffs sent their HC, OC, and position coach to visit me at my house, which am I more likely to choose? Does that make me feel like a priority?

People communicate through zoom technology, even interview for jobs. Times can be scheduled to bring in recruits that fit his schedule. These are just 2 things. In addition, he can appoint staff to take responsibility for aspects of recruiting and doing the legwork for his face to face or zoom meetings. Plus, recruits will naturally following him through the NFL playoffs. Think things through before you make commitments that rule a candidate in or out. If you don’t like him, then say so. You can do better than to be a negative Nelly!

If I was a highly sought after TE recruit, and an assistant came to my house to tell me I should stick with SU after other staffs sent their HC, OC, and position coach to visit me at my house, which am I more likely to choose? Does that make me feel like a priority?
Yeah and Dino in the past was recruiting less and less on the road. He made them come to him quite a bit. The next coach knows just do the opposite and they will be in good shape. You’re 100 pct right

Stoutland no real head coaching experience
Stoutland no real P5 coordinator experience
Stoutland not available for 12/4

Almost everything JW said he is looking for Stoutland is opposite

What is his staff going to look like while he is coaching in Philly until Feb?
Offensive plan?
Defensive plan?

I will never say zero chance for someone to be hired but if you take JW at his word during his conference then Stoutland is as close to zero chance as we can get.

People communicate through zoom technology, even interview for jobs. Times can be scheduled to bring in recruits that fit his schedule. These are just 2 things. In addition, he can appoint staff to take responsibility for aspects of recruiting and doing the legwork for his face to face or zoom meetings. Plus, recruits will naturally following him through the NFL playoffs. Think things through before you make commitments that rule a candidate in or out. If you don’t like him, then say so. You can do better than to be a negative Nelly!
That’s really been working out for us. Make sense for someone to keep doing what hasn’t worked.

On this topic, in the Syracuse.com article, the OL recruit Rosahac mentioned he hadn't heard from Babers since his official visit at end of September.

I would be willing to wait if JW in fact thinks he is the guy to bring us back. One class isnt worth trading your future for.
Is there anyway to get Jeff Stoutland to do some coaching clinics/ O Line consultant in the off season, while still working for the Eagles? He doesn't seem to fit JW's stated attributes for our next coach, but why couldn't we pay him to coach up our offensive line and our OL Coach?

Stoutland no real head coaching experience
Stoutland no real P5 coordinator experience
Stoutland not available for 12/4

Almost everything JW said he is looking for Stoutland is opposite

What is his staff going to look like while he is coaching in Philly until Feb?
Offensive plan?
Defensive plan?

I will never say zero chance for someone to be hired but if you take JW at his word during his conference then Stoutland is as close to zero chance as we can get.
george costanza ladies GIF

Is there anyway to get Jeff Stoutland to do some coaching clinics/ O Line consultant in the off season, while still working for the Eagles? He doesn't seem to fit JW's stated attributes for our next coach, but why couldn't we pay him to coach up our offensive line and our OL Coach?

Now this is a great out of the box idea. If Stoutland wants to really get involved with Syracuse and make Syracuse a better program this would do wonders.

Zero chance it’s an nfl guy. You can’t give up an entire recruiting class. That would set us back years and probably something a staff couldn’t recover from.

On this topic, in the Syracuse.com article, the OL recruit Rosahac mentioned he hadn't heard from Babers since his official visit at end of September.
Yeah

Out of sight out of mind, right

The problem is, that quality of o-linemen are worth a lot in NIL terms. And, you need many of them because it's almost certain that starters will get hurt and miss snaps and games.
They need to bring in two guys at Dave W. I’m not saying get some all acc level guys

I will give you some personal insight from a BYU personal friend and super fan about Mendenhall:

I have a hard time believing he would come out of retirement. He’s an outstanding defensive coach, and not a bad head coach. He’s quirky as all get out and a really odd duck. Overall, I like him though.

He’s a solid fundamental type of coach. He bothered the BYU folks by publicly saying that football was not his first priority; probably his third behind the church and his family. Nothing wrong with that but probably not best to publicly proclaim in a press conference, even the religious BYU folk want football to be their coaches top priority. They gripe about him a lot near the end, but believe me, they would give anything to have him back.

In my opinion, Syracuse would be lucky as hell to have a Head coach as qualified as Bronco. A man of faith, discipline, and football success. I’d propose keeping a few of the current staff for year 1, so Syracuse wouldn’t have to incur multiple position and coordinator buyouts. Basically just replacing Dino with Bronco.
Yep, he’d be a great hire. Not sure he is ready to return to football, but in interviews I’ve read, he misses the ability to impact the young football players and says that football offers a unique ability in that regard.

If he were to return to football, I’m guessing Syracuse would be a pretty good fit. He’s a “smaller market” kind of guy.

The biggest issue many character-driven coaches like him have these days is the potential inequities of NIL.

If I'm a top OLine recruit, it's a pretty good selling point that I can be coached by the OLine coach for the potential Super Bowl champs.

There is not a single position coach, college or NFL, that should be named our head coach next season. Point blank period. It's not being a "negative nelly" for not wanting to torpedo our program.

Not only has this guy never been a coordinator at any level, he's never been a head coach at any level, and you actually believe he will be able to work for the Eagles until February, while hiring a full staff, recruiting a full class, and doing all the other things that come with a P5 HC job?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom