That was the worst broadcast team to do a Syracuse FB game, right? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

That was the worst broadcast team to do a Syracuse FB game, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they have spotters in the production truck that feed player information to the PBP announcer so they don't have to check their list? Did they cheap out on that too?

I’m surprised nobody's mentioned having to watch the opening kickoff from the most awkward, off-center sky cam view I’ve ever seen. As much of a calamity as that crew was, it doesn’t even come close to this gem from Jay Feely yesterday. Just...wow.

I had the volume on the TV turned down so I could hear Matt Park. He had his own issues.

Couldn't tell the difference between #98 Williams and #92 Denaburg.

When we had a fake #92 on kick returns (probably Wax), he thought it was #82 Alford.

Needs a better spotter.

I’m surprised nobody's mentioned having to watch the opening kickoff from the most awkward, off-center sky cam view I’ve ever seen. As much of a calamity as that crew was, it doesn’t even come close to this gem from Jay Feely yesterday. Just...wow.

The Feely one was from a few years ago.

They had a spotter…

70210F5A-CBAE-4837-9419-DA074FB0B0AC.jpeg

It was as if the Boom Goes the Dynamite guy segment had gone 3 hours instead of 3 minutes. That's one of the few drawbacks of having so many games on tv - there aren't enough quality announcers. Some just aren't ready for prime time.

The unfortunate aspect is that early in the broadcast they made a big deal about her being the first female pbp announcer to do a ollege football game on CBS, which only served to amplify all of her subsequent gaffs.

Gotta love the old 3:30 SEC music going into every commercial break with that announcing team in that stadium. It's like John Facenda voicing over a Pop Warner game.

The unfortunate aspect is that early in the broadcast they made a big deal about her being the first female pbp announcer to do a ollege football game on CBS, which only served to amplify all of her subsequent gaffs.
She definitely set her gender back about 10 years. I hope people don’t use her as a barometer, there has to be, what, 8000 better candidates for the job?

I'm recalling another play where the camera followed the fake handoff, when in reality Shrader kept the ball for a long gain. If I'm not mistaken, one of the announcers initially called it a short gain by Tucker. Maybe they were watching their TV monitors and not the action on the field.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they have spotters in the production truck that feed player information to the PBP announcer so they don't have to check their list? Did they cheap out on that too?

They do this for NFL games. I worked one Redskins game where I was keeping track of some offensive statistics (# of gains over 10 yards, 20 yards, 30 yards, etc), which could then be used by somebody in the booth.
I think I got paid about $50.
You'd think they would do this for college football, too.

Both broadcasters were not good and the camera people looked like Newhouse students - that said did Mark Larson go after Jac Collinsworth who was just as bad? Aikman, Buck, etc are all awful. Announcers are just background noise and comic relief now - don't count on them for any details of the game including Matt Park who is among the hardest listens in the country.

She definitely set her gender back about 10 years. I hope people don’t use her as a barometer, there has to be, what, 8000 better candidates for the job?
One of which is Isis Young, the former Orangewomen. Her career will hopefully continue to develop and be able to achieve more opportunities.

One female, who I think does a great job, is Chantel McCabe who knew nothing about golf and has really dug in and can carry a broadcast or show like she has been around the game for 50 years. You can tell that she really works hard

If she ever does a football game again, she will do better. I’m sure she learned a lot. Unfortunately for her, it had to be the hard way. These commentators need to do a lot of homework to prepare for the game.
Maybe she quiet quit on her research … seems to be a thing.

Both broadcasters were not good and the camera people looked like Newhouse students - that said did Mark Larson go after Jac Collinsworth who was just as bad? Aikman, Buck, etc are all awful. Announcers are just background noise and comic relief now - don't count on them for any details of the game including Matt Park who is among the hardest listens in the country.

I’ve never heard Park do football but I always hear how he never talks about where the ball is on the field and omits key details.

And she thought it was Pena with the strip and TD. Not realizing that we have a #2 on offense and a #2 on defense.
I get there are almost 100 players on a team (which is shocking stuff to me, I’ll never not say this when I can), but can’t everyone have their own damn number?

I get there are almost 100 players on a team (which is shocking stuff to me, I’ll never not say this when I can), but can’t everyone have their own damn number?
What fun would that be? Besides we technically only have 99 options … thank you Dr Gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom