The 311 Heaven Guys are Great | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The 311 Heaven Guys are Great

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I'm saying. I can go to TGI Fridays and get 4 dollar tall ones. Or Applebees and get 2.50 shorts, and 3 dollar tall. I can name other places.

Then watch the game there, simple.

Or toss down a sixer of PBR's in the parking lot and head out afterwards.

Then watch the game there, simple.

Or toss down a sixer of PBR's in the parking lot and head out afterwards.

Or do what I did in College when I was going to a Frat/House party. Sneak/stuff some in my jacket.

FYI, I don't want to get blitzed. I am there to watch the game. Wanna actually remember it.

I don't ever recall having to sneak alcohol into a party in college... there was clearly no sneaking with a beer in hand and one clearly in my pocket. That was usually considered a good thing.

Well. It really wasn't sneaking.

Anyway. I wasn't about to wait in some basement or attic mosh pit to get to the Keg.

Ooh and of course the girls were served first and often. Which by the end of the night could be considered a good thing.

School? And what exactly are you implying in that last statement there hulkster?

Ooh and of course the girls were served first and often. Which by the end of the night could be considered a good thing.
Are you suggesting that you participated in something akin to date rape?

Last edited:
Are you suggesting that you participated in something akin to date rape?

No, No. And No.

and No. That was obscene comment and i deleted the post.

To illustrate what an a-hole I am, I was debating whether or not I should make a follow up joke about how that must have made it a rough month for him last year.
I actually thought the same thing not sure it makes us ...lol

I'll get berated because everyone seems to have a good time beating on him, but I know what he is saying and I can't say I completely disagree.

I'm not talking about CTO or any of the people who use her seats as she is selective and knows what kind of fans people are. But I've sat court side several times, I've sat in a box several times for football and the occasional visit pregame for basketball. IMO, many of those seats and especially the boxes, are owned by businesses. That makes for a lot of transient fans as businesses use them as handouts a lot.

I was in our company box for a pregame gathering this year and 1/2 of them were clueless about the team. The questions asked told me many of them were at the game as a social event.

I sat in CTOs last night and people were asking me about various players and if we were better than WF. I sat behind the basket once last year by a stroke of luck and some of those people are clueless even a few I know are there every game.

In the upper deck, for the most part, it's diehards that use their tix for almost every game.

As to game experience? No doubt you're into the game itself more so court side. CTO has killer seats. But I think the interaction with other fans is greater upstairs especially in certain areas where almost everyone knows everyone else since it's the same people for the most part every game every year.

Again, this isn't about any particular group that sits in the boxes or court side, but more about the transient nature of many of the seats. Probably the boxes more than court side. I will say one other thing though. Upstairs can drive you nuts too because there is a lot more negativity. Some people like to scream thinking someone on the court might hear them.

In the end though, I'd take court side every day and twice on Sunday. Just a different experience if you're talking about other fans around you.

bottom line: who'd you rather rub elbows with?

Courtside:
-c9ac2b79a72c0099.JPG

upstairs:
Naked-Indiana-Fan.jpg

I'll get berated because everyone seems to have a good time beating on him, but I know what he is saying and I can't say I completely disagree.

I'm not talking about CTO or any of the people who use her seats as she is selective and knows what kind of fans people are. But I've sat court side several times, I've sat in a box several times for football and the occasional visit pregame for basketball. IMO, many of those seats and especially the boxes, are owned by businesses. That makes for a lot of transient fans as businesses use them as handouts a lot.

I was in our company box for a pregame gathering this year and 1/2 of them were clueless about the team. The questions asked told me many of them were at the game as a social event.

I sat in CTOs last night and people were asking me about various players and if we were better than WF. I sat behind the basket once last year by a stroke of luck and some of those people are clueless even a few I know are there every game.

In the upper deck, for the most part, it's diehards that use their tix for almost every game.

As to game experience? No doubt you're into the game itself more so court side. CTO has killer seats. But I think the interaction with other fans is greater upstairs especially in certain areas where almost everyone knows everyone else since it's the same people for the most part every game every year.

Again, this isn't about any particular group that sits in the boxes or court side, but more about the transient nature of many of the seats. Probably the boxes more than court side. I will say one other thing though. Upstairs can drive you nuts too because there is a lot more negativity. Some people like to scream thinking someone on the court might hear them.

In the end though, I'd take court side every day and twice on Sunday. Just a different experience if you're talking about other fans around you.

exactly. I didn't mean to turn into class warfare issue. Or say CTO, or any other board member with these seats knows less basketball then me.

I went a little overboard (I admit, and have admitted yeah I'm jealous). I just had a great time at a great game last night. And those guys and the people around me in 311 last night were great.

I will try to sit there again.

speaking of beers at the dome I've heard a rumor that adult beverages will cease to exist by 2018 unless the playing arena gets moved off of campus due to ACC rules. Anyone else hear this rumor too?
There are no rules on who can serve and where they can serve. I doubt cuse will ever be told they can't serve. In fact, by 2018 there is a good chance the backcourt area will sell pot edibles. Nacho sales will spike 14,000 %. Win, win

exactly. I didn't mean to turn into class warfare issue. Or say CTO, or any other board member with these seats knows less basketball then me.

I went a little overboard (I admit, and have admitted yeah I'm jealous). I just had a great time at a great game last night. And those guys and the people around me in 311 last night were great.

I will try to sit there again.
That's a post I can respect, and understand where you're coming from. Do more of this.

There are no rules on who can serve and where they can serve. I doubt cuse will ever be told they can't serve. In fact, by 2018 there is a good chance the backcourt area will sell pot edibles. Nacho sales will spike 14,000 %. Win, win
Amen brother, my thoughts exactly

You mean Cooney really didn't hear me scream at him last night from 306 when he passed to Patterson.

Is this real or an opposing fan trolling... i mean seriously folks..
Unfortunately thus is for real. He consistently whines in numerous threads about the price of beer in the dome and how Applebee's is cheaper yada yada yada. Maybe he should ask his dad for a raise in his allowance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom