The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

From the Article:

"Almost since the moment that Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany revealed that his conference would be growing to 14 schools, the Scarlet Knights have been leaving it with black eyes. So much so that Rutgers has managed to picked up the unwanted mantle of bad publicity that the Nittany Lions laid down after its messy housecleaning following the Jerry Sandusky scandal."

"Even Penn State has to be impressed with the idiocy."

"...as the school prepares to officially join its new conference on July 1, Rutgers desperately needs to get its act together. Delany, meanwhile, needs to press the school hard to do so, even if it includes pushing for the school to institute new leadership.

Because, if Rutgers can’t start projecting a more positive image out East, the only name that the Big Ten is going to make for itself in New York will be spelled with scarlet letters."

The writer is complaining (justifiably) of Rutgers leaving the Big 10 with black eyes off the field. Amazing that the Big 10 never noticed the black eyes that Rutgers left the Big East with on the field/court in their search for a New York connection. If I recall correctly, Rutgers didn't do much off the field/court to help the Big East either. What was their luster that caught the Big 10's eye?

If I recall correctly, Rutgers didn't do much off the field/court to help the Big East either. What was their luster that caught the Big 10's eye?

cable-box.jpg

From the Article:
Amazing that the Big 10 never noticed the black eyes that Rutgers left the Big East with on the field/court in their search for a New York connection. If I recall correctly, Rutgers didn't do much off the field/court to help the Big East either. What was their luster that caught the Big 10's eye?
this has been discussed ad nauseam - the B1G didn't care that rutgers sucked at everything - it had nothing to do with their athletic prowess or even potential since they completely lack athletic prowess. they were invited in to gain access to the cable boxes/population of the state of new jersey and to have a campus near by NYC so the premier schools in the conference could justify their presence in NYC and have occasional home games near the city - end of story, period.

From the Article:

"Almost since the moment that Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany revealed that his conference would be growing to 14 schools, the Scarlet Knights have been leaving it with black eyes. So much so that Rutgers has managed to picked up the unwanted mantle of bad publicity that the Nittany Lions laid down after its messy housecleaning following the Jerry Sandusky scandal."

The writer is complaining (justifiably) of Rutgers leaving the Big 10 with black eyes off the field. Amazing that the Big 10 never noticed the black eyes that Rutgers left the Big East with on the field/court in their search for a New York connection. If I recall correctly, Rutgers didn't do much off the field/court to help the Big East either. What was their luster that caught the Big 10's eye?

I'm beginning to see the genius beyond the cable boxes. No conference wants one of it's flagship schools to be an embarrassment, which, to put it mildly, was what the B1G had with PSU (and TOSU too). So bring in the burning dumpster from NJ to change the focus. And since they suck on the field/court/etc. too, the appearance is that "justice is served".

The "bounce house" incident they're discussing took place in South Glens Falls about 5 miles from my house.

It really happened. It's not a hoax, it wasn't staged, I saw the helicopter medivac. There is really a 6 year old in a coma at Albany Med because of it.

'skeptical', 'physics', 'staged', '50 feet', 'how does it gain altitude' ?

what a pos some of these losers are.

https://rutgers.***als.com/showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=172780954&mid=172780954&sid=988&style=2

Insert r i v where the astericks are.

and this beauty -
"one kid has serious health issues right now, the rest is just semantics"

the 5 year old has two broken arms, a broken jaw, broken facial orbital bone and possible ruptured spleen. He's 5 years old, semantics? really?

Last edited:
people dont realize all it takes is one punch for your head to go smashing to the pavement, and boom, the guy who delivered the shot is on trial for manslaughter. All over some bullshit at a bar. Kids dont think man.

The Rutgers infighting continues, they picked up another commit this weekend. Unfortunately his only other offer was that powerhouse Monmouth and even the diehards are starting to turn on good old Kyle Flood:

https://rutgers.r ivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=172817668&mid=172817668&sid=988&style=2

Wow! They went from "dominating" the recruiting scene with all those 5 star kids with a few 4 star kids thrown in for relief work to justifying under the radar kids. Yes, I know they were delusional when they thought they dominated the recruiting scene, over hyping their own recruits. I also remember that they laughed when Marrone and Schafer brought in real under the radar kids. Now they are betting their highest hopes on kids that just a few years ago, they would have mocked to shame and never looked at them a second time.

Oh, how the mighty delusioned have fallen further.

Fun read. This is very sad, if true:

Do you know Milton Friedman graduated from Rutgers? Do you know who he is? Won the Nobel Prize for economics. I checked your Department of Economics website. Courses are offered in “Economics of Crime,” “Income Inequality,” “Women in the Economy” (Condoleezza Rice won’t be getting her honorarium for speaking at this ceremony), and “Game Theory.” (Useful on Xbox? Or not so much?) But I don’t see a course called “Capitalism and Freedom,” also the title of the book by Milton Friedman that has been shaping economic debate in this country for half a century.

Fun read. This is very sad, if true:

As was this para;

"Do you know Milton Friedman graduated from Rutgers? Do you know who he is? Won the Nobel Prize for economics. I checked your Department of Economics website. Courses are offered in “Economics of Crime,” “Income Inequality,” “Women in the Economy” (Condoleezza Rice won’t be getting her honorarium for speaking at this ceremony), and “Game Theory.” (Useful on Xbox? Or not so much?) But I don’t see a course called “Capitalism and Freedom,” also the title of the book by Milton Friedman that has been shaping economic debate in this country for half a century."

Whining about a person and ignoring what they have to say simply because you disagree with them politically is really hypocritical and just plain stupid. CR had a tough life in the segregated and turbulent south and overcame it. The lady spent quality time with her father watching and learning football (probably the real reason Rutgers didn't want her is that she has more knowledge of football than the collective Rutgers establishment, student body and alumni!) Real football fans would want her to speak just to prove her football expertise and learn from her, but then, Rutgers has no real football fans so what am I saying?