The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Has anyone actually watched the promo video? Have they also updated it for this season's rosters? I couldn't find a video, but the photo at their website shows Brandon Coleman on the Saints and Quron Pratt on the Eagles - they were cut and re-signed to the practice squads, so I guess that counts.

I wonder if the video has other recent but no longer NFL players in it that didn't warrant immediate editing when they left the league. With RU's illustrious history, I'd imagine they'd need to show anyone who got a sniff of the show to fill a video's worth.

After reading the Rutgers boards, I was under the impression that the progression was get 5Stars in HS, play for Rutgers, all seniors get drafted in the first round and make big bucks in the NFL. This is a guarantee isn't it? Or did I misread their fan site?

@BrianHamiltonSI
#Rutgers announces two-year extension for football coach Kyle Flood, through Jan. 2019, and salary bump that goes into effect next year.
Must have been some recruiting issues (i.e., negative). Why else would you re-up him when his contract doesn't run out for 2 1/2 seasons? It's not has if he has burned it up with wins

How does beating Washington State on the road get you a 2 year extension? Wow, Rutgers really is run by morons. Flood is not a good coach and the fact he parlayed beating a bad Wazzu team into a 2 year extension is amazing. Rutgers wasn't going to improve its recruiting this season and now they basically doubled Flood's buyout. This is great as I don't think they are that good this year. It was a decent win over Washington State, but not a program building win. Penn State is going to beat them if they had upset the Nitties maybe he could get this extension.

Alsacs said:
How does beating Washington State on the road get you a 2 year extension? Wow, Rutgers really is run by morons. Flood is not a good coach and the fact he parlayed beating a bad Wazzu team into a 2 year extension is amazing. Rutgers wasn't going to improve its recruiting this season and now they basically doubled Flood's buyout. This is great as I don't think they are that good this year. It was a decent win over Washington State, but not a program building win. Penn State is going to beat them if they had upset the Nitties maybe he could get this extension.

Unexplainable. They gave it to him before the meat grinder reveals how awful they are.

Penn State and Rutgers: Natural rivalry or forced TV matchup? (CBS)

Rutgers has issued more than 400 credentials for its big game Saturday.

The Big Ten Network pregame show will be live outside of High Point Solutions Stadium all day.

Bowl reps from the Rose, Orange, Capital One and TaxSlayer Bowls will attend. Commissioner Jim Delany will be in the house.

All of this is suitable for the Scarlet Knights' debut in conference play as a member of the Big Ten.

But Rutgers is trying to squeeze more out of this night. The Scarlet Knights want a rivalry -- and they want it with Penn State, three days from now...

Apparently the contract extension is being paid for with "private funding". While it looks like KF doesn't have the fans in his pocket, he does have some boosters.

Akron beat Howard 41-0.
Rutgers beat Howard 38-25
Penn State beat Akron 21-3

Yet, because of beating Washington State on the road pretty much every media person I have heard has picked Rutgers. My god, this would be like us crowing about beating Minnesota after the bowl game last year. That Gophers team had 8 wins and I still cared less about beating them I was just happy we won our bowl game.

But Rutgers is trying to squeeze more out of this night. The Scarlet Knights want a rivalry -- and they want it with Penn State, three days from now...
If, by 'rivalry' they mean 'the first of many ugly blowouts to conference-mates', I believe they just might have a rivalry.

Steve Politi @StevePoliti · 18m
If any of my college football writer friends know of a contract extension in the second week of September, kindly share.

Steve Politi @StevePoliti · 14m
Because it's Rutgers ... I've been told Julie Hermann will not answer questions directly from the media about Flood's new contract.

Steve Politi @StevePoliti · 12m
We've been told she's "in meetings with the President." Well, maybe bring him?

NOTE: Politi writes for The Star-Ledger

A Rutgers fan weighs in on ESPN.com below:

• Brad Ford
    · Rutgers
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Reply · · 19 minutes ago

I play that in my mind the way Aziz Ansari yells no.

Must have been some recruiting issues (i.e., negative). Why else would you re-up him when his contract doesn't run out for 2 1/2 seasons? It's not has if he has burned it up with wins
Yeah I'm sure a lot of recruits are being told by James Franklin and others that Flood is done after this year. Great news for Cuse.

buttgers faithful are eating their young over the 2 yr extension. priceless.

buttgers faithful are eating their young over the 2 yr extension. priceless.

There board is a must read right now. If they lose to Penn State on Saturday its going to be the place to be.

orange79 said:
If, by 'rivalry' they mean 'the first of many ugly blowouts to conference-mates', I believe they just might have a rivalry.

Yeah - but the kicker is that Penn St hasn't even looked that good. ESPN was touting them as the B1G's only legit playoff contender... A week after a mediocre performance vs Akron.