The Dome Gone Wild... | Syracusefan.com

The Dome Gone Wild...

Dave85

Living Legend
All you older fans are about to be assaulted! Are you ready for this? Blinding lights, lasers shooting in every direction, sound system gone wild, a bellowing stadium says, "Introducing your Syracuse Orange Basketball Team", OMG! The older fans are going to complain! I can hear it now from the future!

"With new LED technology you can do anything," Sala said. "Absolutely. We're not going to do something without an LED lighting package. That's something we talked about from the beginning. I was watching a hockey game the other night and it was crazy how they changed the arena. It was really cool when they introduced the players. We've asked to have lights that you can turn on and off. It'll be LED lighting."

http://www.syracuse.com/orangesport...rrier_dome_renovation.html#incart_river_index

I wonder what it takes to do things like projecting graphics on the court like they did at the Final Four. That is an awesome effect.

The interesting thing is that previously you couldn't do the neat team intro effects or other dramatic presentations because the lights could not be turned off/on quickly enough. With LED lights, they will be able to do that, but with a clear roof, you still won't be able to make it dark in there for day games. Either way, this looks like it will be a nice update. In some ways 200 million seems like it will run out very fast when you consider the scope any updates. I just checked though and the entire NRG Stadium here in Houston (home of the Final Four this year) only cost ~$350 million to build in 2000. That is a wikipedia number and seems nearly impossible to believe when you look at the scale of the place and the expensive amenities it has, like a retractable roof, retractable turf, etc.

Speaking from a more elderly cohort- Bring it the F on!

Nice! I thought old people did not like change. I think it sounds really awesome!

I wonder what it takes to do things like projecting graphics on the court like they did at the Final Four. That is an awesome effect.

The interesting thing is that previously you couldn't do the neat team intro effects or other dramatic presentations because the lights could not be turned off/on quickly enough. With LED lights, they will be able to do that, but with a clear roof, you still won't be able to make it dark in there for day games. Either way, this looks like it will be a nice update. In some ways 200 million seems like it will run out very fast when you consider the scope any updates. I just checked though and the entire NRG Stadium here in Houston (home of the Final Four this year) only cost ~$350 million to build in 2000. That is a wikipedia number and seems nearly impossible to believe when you look at the scale of the place and the expensive amenities it has, like a retractable roof, retractable turf, etc.

In the article they said the material they are using allows natural light into the building. That would be really cool.

All you older fans are about to be assaulted! Are you ready for this? Blinding lights, lasers shooting in every direction, sound system gone wild, a bellowing stadium says, "Introducing your Syracuse Orange Basketball Team", OMG! The older fans are going to complain! I can hear it now from the future!

"With new LED technology you can do anything," Sala said. "Absolutely. We're not going to do something without an LED lighting package. That's something we talked about from the beginning. I was watching a hockey game the other night and it was crazy how they changed the arena. It was really cool when they introduced the players. We've asked to have lights that you can turn on and off. It'll be LED lighting."

http://www.syracuse.com/orangesport...rrier_dome_renovation.html#incart_river_index

Why the immature shot at older fans?

I installed the backbone for this system in the Pepsi Center last summer/fall. It's all ran through fiber optics and putting up the projectors all around a catwalk type structure. It would make it easier if they go with a 'center hung' scoreboard and catwalk. Not sure with the court not being center but I'm sure there's ways. And the scoreboard is able to lower all the way to the floor (takes 15 minutes in the Pepsi Center), for maintenance, additions, etc.

It's a lot of change. Thank God they are not changing the seating (as far as we know).
Too early to say. I hope they recognize they are missing out on revenue by not designing a way to add more pullout seating for basketball. That side has been dying for a makeover since the blue curtain was retired.

That, and finding a way to bring the fans closer to the court, are the two biggest seating issues that can be remedied. Just wish we had someone with connections to Pete Sala so they at least are aware of these ideas.

As long as people sit when the LED lights start flashing, they'll be okay.

I'm not sure the proposed automatic seat buckling option is going to be included with the new seats.

Do the changes do away with Mr.Excitement?
This will be our new guy.
th

Like this?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...DDHmVo&usg=AFQjCNH89ZWfnbui0rNlxZ_P-PYApWrQlw

Geez, I hope we'll be able to slide on our fitovers and strap down our walkers in time to survive the new lighting system. ;)

42613434-funny-elderly-woman-wearing-cap-in-a-fight-pose-selective-focus.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom